• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 PC Demo Comes March 1st [Update: OUT - Press Enter To Begin]

Sethos

Banned
What the hell is wrong with that shitty login system, none of my accounts work from either MyCrysis or GameSpy and if I create a new account it says my email(s) are already in use, which they are, on the GameSpy network.

markao

Sethos said:
What the hell is wrong with that shitty login system, none of my accounts work from either MyCrysis or GameSpy and if I create a new account it says my email(s) are already in use, which they are, on the GameSpy network.
As mentioned before, just make up an email account (gjhhjgjh@jhjh.com) and try that, there is no e-mail verification.

Also have you try to update the demo (Navigate to your Crysis2Demo directory and in the Bin32 directory double click on Crysis2Launcher.exe) , was done to help with login issues.

Sethos

Banned
markao said:
As mentioned before, just make up an email account (gjhhjgjh@jhjh.com) and try that, there is no e-mail verification.

Also have you try to update the demo (Navigate to your Crysis2Demo directory and in the Bin32 directory double click on Crysis2Launcher.exe) , was done to help with login issues.

Got the Steam demo, so it updated itself. But I'll try the email thing, thanks.

Loving the look of that map, I'm really digging the multiplayer in this game, I just enjoy looking around the map, they have some great set pieces and backgrounds fit in really well, although we have only been able to play on two maps, I just love the atmosphere they managed to put into these maps.
Running around them your always surrounded by something that looks great, yet being able to jump and climb vertically through the level doesn't make you feel boxed in.

Lingitiz

CadaveriaIX said:
Loving the look of that map, I'm really digging the multiplayer in this game, I just enjoy looking around the map, they have some great set pieces and backgrounds fit in really, although we have only been able to play on two maps, I just love the atmosphere they managed to put into these maps.
Running around them your always surrounded by something that looks great, yet being able to jump and climb vertically through the level doesn't make you feel boxed in.
Agreed and I'm glad they're shipping with 12 maps. Should provide alot of variety. Is it true they raised the retail player count to 16 as stated in OXM?

RedSwirl

markao said:

That STILL does not work. Used a couple fake addresses. Either it'll get stuck at the creating account screen, or tell me that email address is already in-use even though it doesn't exist. If I get a "nickname unavailable" message that stops me from creating the account, it apparently still registers that email under the account that it failed to create.

Am I the only one who is starting to get REALLY frustrated with "NANO VISION ENABLED" sound effect? I pray to god there's an option or way to turn it off in .ini file or something. Shit wouldn't be so annoying if it wasn't 10 times louder than every other sound effect in the game.

kamspy

The more I play, the most I see a missed opportunity for greatness. Imagine nano suits in a game life Bad Company 2 with huge maps and destruction. It would be the most glorious thing ever created.

I hope there are at least a few big maps mixed in like Halo use to do.

So I've been running with this config:

+cl_crouchToggle=1
+cl_zoomToggle=0
+i_mouse_accel=0
+g_skipIntro=1
+cl_fov=75
+r_DrawNearFoV=75
+pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=75
+r_motionblur=0
+g_radialBlur=0
+r_Flares=0
+r_Glow=0
+r_HDRRendering=0
+q_ShaderHDR=0
+r_ColorGrading=0
+cl_sensitivity=5

and after noticing that it not only works regarding the FOV, this config seems to drastically reduce the amount of overdone & blinding HDR/Bloom in the Crysis 2 MP Demo.

I've made 2 gifs to compare the map loading cameras:

Note that they are each 27 seconds long at 450x281 pixels and ~40mb in size each.

with config gif
without config gif

So yeah, I'll be continuing to play Crysis 2's demo with said config.

EDIT: I will be uploading said recordings to youtube @ 720p HD next.

So anyway, even with dx9 settings, the image quality is growing on me. I love Crysis vanilla and Warhead as much as the next guy, but fuck me if that fucking awful noise around foliage didnt bug the living shit out of me.
But anyway, the C2 soundtrack has some real fucking gems on it. This is a fucking AWESOME sounding track. (and NO it is not Hans Zimmer)
SOS New York:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v09q3R_QzTY&f18

~Kinggi~

Banned
theignoramus said:
So anyway, even with dx9 settings, the image quality is growing on me. I love Crysis vanilla and Warhead as much as the next guy, but fuck me if that fucking awful noise around foliage didnt bug the living shit out of me.
But anyway, the C2 soundtrack has some real fucking gems on it. This is a fucking AWESOME sounding track. (and NO it is not Hans Zimmer)
SOS New York:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v09q3R_QzTY&f18
Thats a good track but ive actually heard better from this game. Cant think of the track names right now but they are great.

Dilemma

Cuban Legend said:
I've made 2 gifs to compare the map loading cameras:

Note that they are each 27 seconds long at 450x281 pixels and ~40mb in size each.

with config gif
without config gif

So yeah, I'll be continuing to play Crysis 2's demo with said config.

EDIT: I will be uploading said recordings to youtube @ 720p HD next.

Thanks, I appreciate it as I had been trying to do by manually joining games and trying to remember the difference, this is much better.

I still have a hard time distinguishing the screenshots outside of the obvious blur/bloom.

A better option may be to make a gif that for each picture first shows the standard setup, and then the modified setup.

PS: seems the demo finally ended, I could still play the supposed 'end time' of 8 AM CET though.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Anyone having trouble connecting to servers since installing the latest patch? I had no problems playing before the patch, now I keep getting connection failures.

Dreohboy

vidal said:
I imagine that map getting stale really fast with just 12 players running around.

Crytek won't be able to please everyone. Someone else in this thread thought the demo maps were too small.

markao

MadOdorMachine said:
Anyone having trouble connecting to servers since installing the latest patch? I had no problems playing before the patch, now I keep getting connection failures.
The PC MP demo is finished ;)

@Jay, the Hans Zimmer C2 intro the Gamasutra page linked to is epic!

aeolist

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Perhaps but people arent as concerned with how it looks as they are to the lack of customization.
My other concern is level design.

Not hard to make a game look better than Crysis 1 if the levels are too tight and designed around 512MB RAM in the consoles.

Top Bottom