• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 PS3 Demo Releasing Today

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jett said:
After reading these impressions all I gotta say is LOL CRYTEK. I almost want to download it to experience the lulz firsthand but I have better things to do with my bandwidth.
Nah, if we have to suffer, please oblige us and DL this. And that first cap with the crap texture did turn out to be pop in. I figured as much. Calm down people. Reminds of that crap screencap of the 360 version of Merceneries 2 with the textures not loaded yet. Let's not slant things that bad. It looks better than that :p

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Never thought I'd say this but the current Unreal Engine looks better on PS3 after playing Bullet Storm, I really don't see many people jumping on this engine to make their console games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I remember sitting in the lobby for 20 minutes in the 360 demo....you would think this wouldn't happen again.

123830.jpg

highrider

Banned
when you spend a year hyping your engine as the ultimate multiplatform engine, it's kind of important to get it to look good on multiple platforms. at least, in theory..

StuBurns

Banned
lowrider007 said:
Never thought I'd say this but the current Unreal Engine looks better on PS3 after playing Bullet Storm, I really don't see many people jumping on this engine to make their console games.
Maybe the single player will look better.

It's funny, idTech 4 is still the most impressive of the three to me, yep, that's not a typo the last gen id engine.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I havent played the demo yet but it does look blury on those images.

As i've been saying, it's always telling when a developer doesn't want you to see one version of their game. There's no reason not to show them through development unless there's serious issues with one. It's not surprising that the best ports are always shown at shows on all platforms throughout development.

Chakan

Been tryin to play the demo for about 20 minutes. It just doesnt find a single room with people to start a match.

GJ Crytek, I'll stick with the PC version for this one.

Clott

Crytek has seriously dropped the ball, if you told me years ago that after Crysis would be released the sequel would be a multi-platform mess I would have not believed you. But even still I would be willing to put the past behind if the PC version would just shape up and ship with DX11.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Game seems to run at about 24 fps. I don't remember having much issue with the 360 version in regards to framerate. The muzzle flash when you first fire the gun is realllllly obnoxious.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Well, fantastic been waiting for a while here in matchmaking with 2 of my friends...haven't been able to join any games so far :/

Hype decreasing...rapidly

Averon

Is it safe to say it will be a long ass time before we take Crytek seriously again? Looks like they dropped the ball on consoles and PC.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Is anyone really surprised by this? Honestly when it comes down to it we all knew this was going to end up this way... it always does. Since I only have a PS3 and Macs I'll still get the PS3 version but once it hits the bargain bins... 2 months?

Sigh.

Fucking graphics ceiling.

Fuck.

:(

EDIT- Then again this is the regular edition. I'm sure Crytek made the 3D version AMAZING... bwahahahahaha. Okay:(

Averon said:
Is it safe to say it will be a long ass time before we take Crytek seriously again? Looks like they dropped the ball on consoles and PC.
The develop for 360 and treat PC/PS3 version as an afterthough mentality. Treyarch did the same thing didn't they?

Jaroof

Anybody having trouble getting into matches? I just started up the demo, and haven't been able to join a match..
been trying for like 10 minutes.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I wasn't impressed. The gameplay is a mongrel dog spawned by Halo and COD and it doesn't look very nice either. The HUD is way too muddy on the PS3 version. I all but ignored it because it took too long to see what was what in the middle of a match. Back to Battlefield for me.:)

LM4sure said:
haha, people thought this would look good on ps3 or 360? lol, get a pc if you want to play this game!!
According to PC gaf that version of the demo was also half assed. Press start and locked graphic settings and temporal AA.

Jburton

Banned
Well, well .... it seems that a supposedly technically excellent port that was promised from crytek is just another shoddy 3rd party port on the PS3.

Disappointing but not unexpected.

Lazy devs anyone?

Mithos

Liquidus said:
:D

Good thing I still have my CRT hooked up. Who knows, maybe it'll run better.

Got my PS3 hooked up to CRT with HDMI, doesn't look bad, but then again I cant compare since I can't freaking login on the PC-version.

CozMick

Banned
Wait, did any of you guys actually play the 360 version?

From those screenshots posted it looks almost exactly the same as it's console counterpart.

You're just disappointed with the visuals right?

StuBurns

Banned
CozMick said:
Wait, did any of you guys actually play the 360 version?

From those screenshots posted it looks almost exactly the same as it's console counterpart.

You're just disappointed with the visuals right?
I've played the 360 one, although on a different TV, it's better, it runs nicer.

LyR

Banned
looks kinda good, only the fps are subpar

nice to see that not every german game sucks this gen (Venetica, Arcadia:Gothic, Crashtime 1 -4, Velvet Assassin)

// I also played the PC demo maxed out with 1080p

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
lowrider007 said:
Just done a few rounds, was fine imo, even frame-rate felt ok on the pier17 map, not sure what all the fuss is about.

I now Know who to not trust with impressions!!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not surprised at all. This is only a reality check for those who, for no reason whatsoever, were expecting the PS3 version of the game to stand tall with the efforts of Sony's first-party studios.

Mind you, all the PR fluff up to this point didn't help matters.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Downloaded, entered a room, first try.

its pretty cool gameplay wise, but mele is stupid,, and talk about recoil....none over here.

Graphics look good, of course it does'nt look like its PC mate, but this demo still looks better than most, some framerate drops but nothing unplayable.

GAF is being too dramatic here

CozMick

Banned
So we've now established that Crytek are dirty, stinking, lying fuckers?

"Graphical ceiling"? please! that shit wouldn't reach my balls.

I only got to play a few rounds, keeps crashing on me now. As has been said, it runs like shit. Feels like a constant 25fps (or less)... it's just awful. I recently disliked Bulletstorm on PS3 partly due to a less-than-acceptable framerate towards the end of the game but this?? The entire game is going to run like this? Sorry, PS3-only owners...

I don't even have to comment on the visuals. It speaks for itself.

Top Bottom