• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 Remastered being teased

II_JumPeR_I

The official Crysis twitter account started a tease today with a quote from Crysis 2:

As a Crysis fan it makes me happy :) Basicly confirms the Server hack from last year.

Guess Crysis 3 will follow as well but Covid slowed things down a lot for them.

Hopefully a proper SeriesX and PS5 version this time awell.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Played through the first on XSX recently and enjoyed it. Bought al games for PC afterwards because I finally have good enough specs to run them mostly on ultra and 60fps lol. So don't know if I'll grab these remasters if true, maybe for the achievements.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
crysis 2 was shit.
tenor.gif

Blond

Banned
Hopefully they fix the PC DX11 issue of the game rendering an entire tessellated lake under the ground the entire time.

yamaci17

Remasters Remasters Remasters Remasters Remasters Remasters Remasters
Really though. Like, what the hell. This is a never ending cycle, hardware will always get faster. So what, will we get iterations of remasters everytime they do?

This is starting to get really old. Both Crysis 1 and 2 had gorgeous graphics, outside of their time. A simple texture pack update would mostly do the trick for both of them.

This remaster craze has gone overboard at this point. It is literally blocking the development of new IPs and games.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'll take it. I actually loved Crysis 2 - it's a much more focused game than the original, which I guess can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. Crysis Warhead's still probably the best, though.

horkrux

I don't really need remasters for 2 and 3. 2 was also the worst, and 3 is too short anyway
They're both not games I would ever want to play again. And I didn't even get the remaster for 1, cuz they didn't take it seriously.

Hopefully they fix the PC DX11 issue of the game rendering an entire tessellated lake under the ground the entire time.

That was never an issue. People just assumed it was always rendered when it wasn't

intbal

I'd prefer it if they just issued a patch that fixed the broken frame pacing. Then Microsoft could FPS Boost it up to a perfect 60hz and my X360 copy would be like a whole new game.
But this is fine, too.

SkylineRKR

Liked 2 more than the first, to be honest. The remaster of the first was dumpster fire when it released, and while its playable at least nowadays its still very ho hum. Can't say I enjoyed it much, finished the game some time ago. I wonder if 2 still targets old consoles or will it have a native PS5/X version at least.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Woah, woah, woah....Is the first one even optimized yet for next-gen? 60 frames? HDR? Last I heard it was a pretty dang weak release.

Hugare

Really though. Like, what the hell. This is a never ending cycle, hardware will always get faster. So what, will we get iterations of remasters everytime they do?

This is starting to get really old. Both Crysis 1 and 2 had gorgeous graphics, outside of their time. A simple texture pack update would mostly do the trick for both of them.

This remaster craze has gone overboard at this point. It is literally blocking the development of new IPs and games.
"Studios should stop remastering old movies to bluray.

The Godfather looked great when it released in the 80's. Why would anyone want to watch it on bluray?

Instead of making new movies, they waste resources on these remasters"

It sounds stupid because it is.

Companies like Saber Interactive make a living of remastering games. And as far as I know, new games are being developed everyday. If anything, companies are getting richer. Loads of resources.

"A simple texture pack would do the trick". Ok, but its not as simple as pressing a button and releasing these games on consoles. Theres a lot of work to be done in order to port them.

Its money for old rope! It takes a fraction of the time for developers to make a remaster rather than years making a new ip. I agree with you 100%, unfortunately for us people will buy so developer's will continue to knock out remasters for easy money.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I've never played the third chapter ... if they want to remaster that too, I'll gladly take it.
The third one still looks incredible, it looks better than most last gen games. Idk if it needs a remaster, but ofcourse it could improve with some ray tracing and some sharper textures. I wouldn't complain if they remaster it.

Zannegan

I remember ejoying the campaign and playing through a few times, but I was always fuzzy on what was happening story/lore-wise. That said, I won't touch a remake without significant new content or multiplayer. Shiny graphics won't tempt me back.

Here's hoping this is a prelude/teaser for Crysis 4 and that it leverages the power of the new gen consoles to open up the levels a bit and ramp up the destruction, maybe even go open-area like in Crysis 1 (which I only just started playing, on Switch, in handheld mode no less, lol).

I'd bet they'll just take the PC version make sure it has it's DX11 features and have it running at 4k/60 and call it a day. It STILL looks pretty good even all these years later on PC. It is not nearly as good of a game as Crysis 1, but it has it's cool moments. I did really enjoy the MP of Crysis 2 though, again not as good as Crysis 1's MP, but it felt pretty good to play at the time in a COD w/ powers sort of way, though it wouldn't be nearly as unique today as it was then.

That Hans Zimmer theme is still dope as fuck though:

I've never played Crisis 2 or 3, maybe I'll play this remaster
Of the 3 games, I guess 4 if you count Warhead, 2 is probably the worst. Though, even though that may be the case, it's still a good time if you can get over the fact that it's not really a great sequel and offers less gameplay opportunity than Crysis 1. Crysis 3's story was terrible, but it kinda struck a decent middle-ground between Crysis 1 + 2. Crysis 1 and Warhead are still the best in the franchise, especially on higher difficulties when you are forced to think about how to best use the Nanosuit.

Last edited:

Romulus

Despite being someone who enjoys large sprawling levels like in Crysis 1, I still enjoyed Crysis 2 more. It felt much more like a game with a story. Not saying its great by any means, but I enjoyed it.

Codes 208

Despite being someone who enjoys large sprawling levels like in Crysis 1, I still enjoyed Crysis 2 more. It felt much more like a game with a story. Not saying its great by any means, but I enjoyed it.
The linear level design and gameplay felt like a mix of halo and call of duty in a good way, I really enjoyed Crysis 2

Umbasaborne

Banned
Fantastic, i love crysis 2. While the first game is more tactical, crysis 2 is like a big dumb michael bay movie, and i loved every second of it. Platinumed it on ps3

Top Bottom