• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Beta Demo leaked?

Tomcat

20070619_b8f505f58bc06224f385tcTThyV5i8Bs.jpg

20070619_055958aeac8069fa5998l2f6qh97aYtg.jpg

1.44 gb

Dont know if its true though :)

Chiggs

HAL_Laboratory said:
Like anyone could actually run it.

Yeah, just like nobody could run Far Cry when it came out, either...since the engine didn't scale well at all. Oh wait...

spwolf

Chiggs said:
Yeah, just like nobody could run Far Cry when it came out, either...since the engine didn't scale well at all. Oh wait...

yeah, but then it is not the same game anymore

Borys

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:
no kidding. :lol

Forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever dumb.

Chiggs

flipping_heck said:
oh boy, get me worked up for an incomplete torrent file... just when my new gaming pc wanted to flex its muscles as well.

You wouldn't be able to run it, anyway. Even if you had two 8800 Ultra's you could only play Crysis @ 640x480 at sub-15fps. Granted, the game isn't out yet, and I certainly haven't played it, but I speak the truth so you should just take my word for it.

ice cream

Banned
wtf i just started it and it went straight to 89.6%?
I was downloading another one before and it was really slow, but it was on 0.2% but not I cancelled it. Argh, somepeople at the NV forum said its real but who knows...

Chiggs said:
You wouldn't be able to run it, anyway. Even if you had two 8800 Ultra's you could only play Crysis @ 640x480 at sub-15fps. Granted, the game isn't out yet, and I certainly haven't played it, but I speak the truth so you should just take my word for it.

Did you see the specs? What have you been smoking?

Xabora

Midna said:
Dear sir, can you please post the specs?
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows Vista.
- 100% DirectX 10-compatible
- Core 2 Duo E6600 2.60GHz or Athlon 64 X2 5400+
- 2GB RAM.
- Graphics Card: GeForce 8800 or Radeon HD 2900 -3D Accelerated Card with Pixel Shader 4.0
- Microsoft Windows Vista compatible sound card (100% DirectX 10 -compatible).
- DVD-ROM: Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
- HARD DRIVE: 1.6 GB Hard Drive Space
- INPUT DEVICES: 100% Windows Vista compatible mouse and keyboard

Thats what I got from the topic.

ice cream

Banned
Midna said:
Dear sir, can you please post the specs?
there was that thread about a week ago, which some magazine/site talked to crysis and they said what the specs would be about to play on ultra-high settings.

Midna

Banned
Xabora said:
- 2GB RAM.
- Graphics Card: GeForce 8800 or Radeon HD 2900 -3D Accelerated Card with Pixel Shader 4.0

Thank you both so much

Xabora said:
- 2GB RAM.

Pretty much bullshit.

dx9 Nvidia 7900+, 1 gig, and dual core should be enough to run decent at low/mid settings.

Kabouter

InsertCredit said:
Pretty much bullshit.

dx9 Nvidia 7900+, 1 gig, and dual core should be enough to run decent at low/mid settings.
The specs he posted are those Cevat Yerli named for ultra settings.

Xabora

InsertCredit said:
Pretty much bullshit.

You do know Crytec has talked about a DX9 Binary and a DX10 Binary.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
ice cream said:
wtf i just started it and it went straight to 89.6%?
I was downloading another one before and it was really slow, but it was on 0.2% but not I cancelled it. Argh, somepeople at the NV forum said its real but who knows...

Did you see the specs? What have you been smoking?

Wait, what?
1. Its not real.
2. I thought he made his post pretty clearly sarcastic but I was impressed by how you pushed right through all that hullabullu and got to the trooth.

Lyon

ice cream said:
So assuming that crytek know its leaked, will they just shut all the servers down or what?

It's distributed through bit torrent, nay much Crytek can do now. It's all bullshit though.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
Please stop with the "you need a $3000 PC to run Crysis" rhetoric. You're wrong. A $1000 PC could run this game at ultra settings.

MMaRsu

Banned
QVT said:
Wait, what?
1. Its not real.
2. I thought he made his post pretty clearly sarcastic but I was impressed by how you pushed right through all that hullabullu and got to the trooth.

Hey m8 we gotta play some shadowrun tonight :)

Cheeto

Xabora said:
- 2GB RAM.
- Graphics Card: GeForce 8800 or Radeon HD 2900 -3D Accelerated Card with Pixel Shader 4.0- Microsoft Windows Vista compatible sound card (100% DirectX 10 -compatible).
:lol :lol

L-O-L

Kabouter said:
The specs he posted are those Cevat Yerli named for ultra settings.
Thanks. Seems reasonable. Resolution comes also into account, but with a new dx10 card I should be set for Ultra.

Can't friggin' wait.

Top Bottom