• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis copies Turok trailer CONFIRMED?

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
well I could actually see what was going on the Crysis trailer, although that's probably a good thing...

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
"It was supposed to be a simple mission ...."

LaneDS

Wow, both of these trailers of mostly outdoor action games show outdoor action! That is indeed pretty nuts.

Haunted

creativity is dead.

There is a reason why videogame stories and scripts are not really held in high regard anywhere. :p

PleoMax

Banned
You know when i watched that trailer, and the "then something went wrong" bit came up i laughed. That's gotta be one of the most used lines in trailers ever.

But yeah, total rip off.

Zenith

Banned
Solomon said:
Crysis just released its new trailer yesterday:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23077.html

...which as it turns out is an almost verbatim copy of Turok's E3 trailer, released last month:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22061.html

:lol

I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

that trailer wasn't released yesterday:

http://uk.gamespot.com/video/931665/6175658/crysis-gameplay-movie-5

July 26th. still after Turok's trailer but reduces the time they hd to "copy".

They are different. In Turok something went wrong, but in Crysis something went terribly wrong.

I don't understand how you can confuse the two.

the-iek

PleoMax said:
You know when i watched that trailer, and the "then something went wrong" bit came up i laughed. That's gotta be one of the most used lines in trailers ever.

But yeah, total rip off.
haven't seen the stan's cup ep of south park yet, huh :lol

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Alien Bob said:
"in a world..."

That quote itself is used to way too many movies, its not helped by the fact they seem to use the same annoncer.

USD

snack said:
They are different. In Turok something went wrong, but in Crysis something went terribly wrong.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

i dunno if it's copying, more like a coincidence, i mean in most games, something goes wrong in a routine mission and then you shoot down an enemy helicopter

Edit:
snack said:

WIN

The Chef

"EVERYTHING"...."WILL"...."CHANGE"
omg desperate attempts to to make an audience pumped up and excited for a game... both trailers were almost too embarrassing to watch. :lol

USD

"Blades will bleed.. Shields will shatter... But as the light fades... Will the hero rise again? Or will darkness regin?"

I just watched the E3 04 trailer for the first time in ages. <3 Conan music.

Mrbob

snack said:

Hahaha.

As for creativity being dead, sure this trailer is cliche, but the game is not. If anything Crysis is pushing the boundries of first person shooters further than they have been pushed before. So many new techniques to use in battle that we never had access too.

dabig2

Man, that almost is worse than Haze's box of cliche'd melodrama :lol

"Something went wrong......very wrong"

Victrix

*beard*
Mrbob said:
As for creativity being dead, sure this trailer is cliche, but the game is not. If anything Crysis is pushing the boundries of first person shooters further than they have been pushed before. So many new techniques to use in battle that we never had access too.

Like jumping high, throwing things, or shooting people?

JB1981

Mrbob said:
Hahaha.

I wish I could play it. Looks so awesome.

snack said:

Actually, they do say terribly wrong on the Turok trailer.
I like to kill jokes!

Zanboo said:
You must fight to save humanity from the brink of destruction
5xeb9fs.jpg
5xeb9fs.jpg
5xeb9fs.jpg

Zenith

Banned
They're both guilty of making unoriginal trailers, but not copying.

and was that hread of Neogaf: the game with that spoof cliched description archived?

Top Bottom