• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered by Xbox.com store

Link

Xbox store needs to get their shit together lol.

description
Crytek's classic first-person shooter is back with action-packed gameplay, sandboxed world and exciting epic battles you loved so much the first time - now with remastered graphics optimized for a new generation of hardware. Equip yourself: The speed, strength, armor and camouflage of your Nanosuit allow for creative solutions for all types of combat. Adapt: In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to triumph on battlefields ranging from frozen jungles to alien environments. Personalize: A vast arsenal of modular weapons offers unparalleled control over the style of play, with options ranging from experimental to alien. Conquer: Realistic enemy AI requires a strategic and flexible playing style: new challenges, as a zero-gravity battlefield, they require players to go on the offensive and be proactive. Explore: Walk your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles and using your environment against your enemies.

Release date of
07/23/2020
Approximate size
7.01 GB

XY0M5Mf.jpg

OvhLktK.jpg

CPj3iAP.jpg

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
Yeah, there's something off about these shots. I'd expect more from a remaster of a game that they already got to run on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Imagine if this is just a remaster of the Xbox 360 code, cause it sure looks like it.
And it make sence cuz X360 version does have support for multi-core CPUs, so they don't need to do additional work to make original PC version use multi-core CPUs. And yeah, Remaster does look like shit in comparison to original PC version, almost everything is way worse.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Crytek on the verge of bankruptcy according to previous reports.

My guess is that is why this looks bad.

We will find out soon.

maneil99

If that bottom one is the "remaster" then holy shit I didn't know that Crytek somehow invented time-travel and released the actually superior version back in the day and are now progressively downgrading this game until it's a 2D game of Pong.
I mean objectively what do you think looks worse in that bottom pic, I don't think the timing is the exact same, but for the vegetation shown its clearly better in the bottom pic, plus PBR / reflections on the armour, light bleed through and GI / AO

CuNi

I mean objectively what do you think looks worse in that bottom pic, I don't think the timing is the exact same, but for the vegetation shown its clearly better in the bottom pic, plus PBR / reflections on the armour, light bleed through and GI / AO

Well both pics are kinda low-res so I won't point out details, but for me, the remaster has a way oversaturated image. One could argue about lightning, since while everything is very dark because of shadow in the remaster, weirdly Prophet is completely illuminated, and in a very weird looking way on top. I feel like the lightning is way smoother on his face in the original version than the chunky remaster.

Edit: Just because PBR etc. are good techniques that were developed over time to create more realistic looking images, they don't give you a easy way of making a game look better just by slapping them onto games left and right.
I mean FF XV and KH3 use PBR as far as I know and in my honest opinion, those are by far the worst looking games of their respective series. So yes, the tech is good, it's just the utilization of said tech that actually degrades IQ imho.

Last edited:

Venom Snake

Gold Member
Those screens look like crap! Hopefully that's not the final look of the game or else I'll stick to the PC release. I don't have faith on this re release. I think they are going to limit the game so that it runs on the Xbox one and PS4
A HD7850 can run this at 1080p/max with 40+fps so..

Gamezone

Gold Member
Did people expect any graphical miracles from Crysis on Xbox One and PS4? These systems are still incredible weak.

Top Bottom