• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered by Xbox.com store

Sony

Nintendo
Remastered? More like barely relaunched. Given the cultural impact Crysis had, it's quite an insult to call it a remaster and not deliver something that melts PC's again.

MadAnon

I mean objectively what do you think looks worse in that bottom pic, I don't think the timing is the exact same, but for the vegetation shown its clearly better in the bottom pic, plus PBR / reflections on the armour, light bleed through and GI / AO
If by objective you mean just some graphics effects slapped on without any thought for actual end result then I guess you are right. But in reality it genuinely looks worse than the original in some ways and is even unpleasant to look at judging by some of those screenshots.

Last edited:

Three

I mean objectively what do you think looks worse in that bottom pic, I don't think the timing is the exact same, but for the vegetation shown its clearly better in the bottom pic, plus PBR / reflections on the armour, light bleed through and GI / AO
The guys face for one

SkylineRKR

nice, with the trailer not dropping yet the release date is earlier than I expected. Will play, though it looks like a weak effort. But I like this game.

Last edited:
I'll take og Crysis with just engine updates. The worst thing about Crysis at the moment is its limitation to pretty much a single CPU thread. Add to that some improved lighting/shadowing/reflections and we're good to go.

That said, the marketing material looks like it was cobbled together on a shoestring budget without any real idea what to do with it.

MarkyG

Disappointed if this is how the game is going to look. Pointless having all these snazzy tech features if the game looks worse than the original. It's certainly a 'far cry' from what we were showed in the previous trailer. I'll hold for reviews as I won't trust tomorrow's gameplay trailer. As many have stated, there are far better looking mods out there. Also wondering what involvement Saber has with this? Console ports perhaps?

Leyasu

Banned
Probably only going to get the high quality textures and assets on the ps5. Apparently these are only possible now because of their SSD

I dont get it. Who gives a shit about Crysis jn the first place?
I do. I played the Xbox 360 port and couldn't believe how great the gameplay was. The gameplay for the game is so underrated. It's much more worthy of a remaster than a lot of these other games getting remasters. A lof of people downplaying this game probably has never played it. Its more than just a pretty game from the past.

I'd rather Crytek do a full blown next gen remake in house though. Kind of don't understand why they'd go with Saber Interactive (who do decent work) on a current gen remaster though given that Crysis is known for world class graphics and is Crytek's baby. Hopefully this means Crytek is busy on a new Crysis.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned

Is it a leaked trailer?

In any case improvements are evident in this video, original Crysis had a good lighting system back in the day, but it looks flat compared with modern GI algorithms. Illumination inside buildings looked like crap.
Also, nanosuits had a poor quality in materials, muscle looks the same as steel plates.

Not only nanosuits and guns better handle materials, also the subsurface scattering on the plants seems to be improved.

It's not a complete remake, but improvements are there.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

What the fuck are those shots? Looks like a remaster of far cry lol

Original crysis for reference

crysis46rqa3.jpg

"remaster"

OvhLktK.jpg

lol
wow even his suit texture on his arm is awful in the "remaster". Unless this is the Switch version I don't know what to say.

What the fuck are those colours?

It uses voxel GI like hunt, you’ll see in screenshots, pretty sure posted screens are from base Xbone which as like Hunt showdown, can’t run VGI

Vs

Lmao that's a terrible screenshot of the original. These are also taken from a YouTube vanilla playthrough:

dMCTJfp.jpg

UWHDrPD.jpg

The remastered plant screenshot looks like a saturated cvar from 2007 lol

Last edited:

chigstoke

Are people frigging expecting Star Citizen levels of detail?

Jesus Christ. The game has to run on Jag systems as well, it was never going to be a pc melter. From that leaked trailer on last page I think it looks great. The improvements are obvious. Looks like cvar changes? My fucking backside it does, you go and edit some cvars and come back to me when it looks as good as the trailer.

Absolute drivel.

dotnotbot

DUDE JUST MOVE THE SUN ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE LMAO

What the FUCK are they doing? Why is all that vegetation missing? What's with the Far Cry colours?

Aren't these screenshots from X360 Crysis version running on XOX through BC? What is their source? I can't believe it's new version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom