• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered by Xbox.com store

Ah, Crysis. This game was an obsession of mine between 2008 and 2010. This remaster doesn't look too bad, but its artstyle is off. Is Warhead bundled as well? Would be a shame to miss out on the expansion, that one was great as well. Generally speaking, i think it's a nice idea for home console users. The 360/PS3 ports were extraordinarily poor, so a decent home console version of the game is good.

As for me, well, if i ever get an itch to replay the original Crysis, i'll do it with the Enhanced Edition, or some other graphically intensive mods. No point in purchasing a remaster that looks worse then the modded original version, which i have.

Last edited:

Rikkori

DUDE JUST MOVE THE SUN ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE LMAO

What the FUCK are they doing? Why is all that vegetation missing? What's with the Far Cry colours?
giphy.gif

And they wanna charge how much??

edit : https://imgsli.com/MTg0OTU
modded vs remaster

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Rikkori Rikkori Already posted it above, but here is a youtube version of the trailer that leaked:

I think it looks like shit, yeah there are some improvements but overall I hate the increased contrast - you can barely see a fucking thing during the boat shots lol

edit - Why are Nomad's animations all stuttery and weird? What the fuck is this shit lol

Last edited:

xPikYx

I just me or the video got private? I was on the channel and was less than 2 hours to happen and even the chat was ON, but the channel got private. Anyone can confirm this for me?

So fucking weird.
I confirm, they changed their mind after audience feedbacks were not that great hahaha

ZywyPL

Banned
The only proper Crysis remaster is the one that will put 2080Ti to its knees,below 30FPS at 720p and will continue to melt PCs throughout next decade, anything else is unacceptable.

UnNamed

Banned

Bah, some of the reply to this tweet are embarrassing, but at the same time they can't ignore the trailer wasn't well received.

Admit, the trailer was bad, people want to see differences, not chaotic images with a fast paced editing, it's a game, not a fucking videoclip.

There are several micro clips showing this remaster is better than the original, they just need to show them in a better way.

McHuj

This is incredibly disappointing. When there were rumors of a remake, I had hoped it would have been something like what the original Crysis was: bring modern PC's to their knees. Given me a game that targets the 2080Ti as a minimum baseline.

VN1X

Banned
After watching that leaked trailer I realized I'm perfectly fine without a 'remastered' Crysis.

If they went the way of Hunt Showdown however that'd be another matter entirely. I mean if you enable all the bells and whistles in that game it looks absolutely fantastic. So much micro detail in there it makes yer head spin. But yeah it looks like they half-assed it on this one. Even with a bit more time in the oven I still wouldn't touch this with a barge pole.

Last edited:
Funny to think that this game had cutting edge graphics at one time, looks so crap right now.

Its graphics aged spectacularly well for a 13 year old game, and they look great once modded. It's not funny at all to dismiss it today and not take that into account.

Top Bottom