• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered! Crytek Studio Tour + First Xbox One X Gameplay! DF

eot

Banned
IpDAgCi.gif

I get why they are doing it (install base) but Crysis would really benefit from the processors in the next generation consoles or rather be hampered far less than they would by the Jaguars twins.

Not really. Crysis was made during the time where it was thought that frequencies of processors would continue to rise as opposed to more cores/processors. So in effect the game massively benefits even today from a higher clock speed than more cores.

I can't speak for the remake, but it being based off the old 360 code, which I played back in the day, was very underwhelming and looked worse. Footage of the "remake" doesn't come across as compelling to me, at least not yet, look forward to being proved wrong. The extra horsepower of the PS5/XSX couldn't hurt, but I doubt they put in the work to take advantage of the hardware as well as they should other than translating 360 code and adding a few bells and whistles when possible.

Papacheeks

Banned

Thats good to hear. Heard way back couple friends I knew had applied to work there and did not have good things to say about crytek at the time. Crytek makes amazing engines, I hope we see them hit the highs of Crysis again with a new IP that really pushes tech.

thelastword

Banned

Nice, bodes well for the next gen versions, which is what I will be playing......In my opinion they could wait and polish this till the new consoles launch......Make it a next gen launch release...

I must say, I'd rather play this improved version optimized for next gen consoles than the PS3/360 games uprezzed on PS5/Series X through BC.....4k 30fps with RT will look great there, but 4K 60fps CB should look and play bonkers as well....

What is with Crytek and forcing T E C H N O L O G Y on outdated hardware?
They forced all sorts of special effects, including a half-assed 3D mode, in the Crysis sequels, making them run below 30fps whenever you shot at something.
They ported the original Crysis to consoles and nobody cared.
They launched Crysis 3 before the new console generation with half the game being empty levels and never remastered it for newer hardware.
Ryse spent years in development hell as a Kinect 360 game.
They made a shitty f2p Call of Duty clone that looks like wet cardboard that's only played by Russians and is probably hurt really badly by the official Call of Duty Mobile PC emulator.
They even had some shitty CryEngine game for mobile phones.

Nobody except autists cares about running technologically advanced games at 20fps with compromises on hardware that's about to go extinct.

pawel86ck

Banned
I dont like how color grading looks on Xbox One X gameplay. IMO original Crysis 1 has more realistic color grading and contrast.

Fake

You just hate on Alex because he's gay. I think he's a super nice and passionate dude.
Wait a second... Are you assuming one person hate gays because he don't like Alex?

Becareful what you're afirming here. I really saw something similar to The Last of Us part 2 fanbase.

You're really entering on resetera territory.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Still 30fps on console, damn. I'm sure i read that the remaster would unlcok proper multicore support, taking away the ridiculous cpu requirements of the game.
I guess its still too demanding on the Jaguars.

Fake

Still 30fps on console, damn. I'm sure i read that the remaster would unlcok proper multicore support, taking away the ridiculous cpu requirements of the game.
I guess its still too demanding on the Jaguars.

Xbox One X and PRO have a perfomance option.

aries_71

Well, a whole video about a whole lotta' nothing. They talk more about the parking lot than the game.
I suspect they weren't impressed by what they saw.

supernova8

Banned
Well, a whole video about a whole lotta' nothing. They talk more about the parking lot than the game.
I suspect they weren't impressed by what they saw.

Yeah they spent most of the video talking about how exciting it was to interview people... only to not include any of the interviews aside from silent B roll footage from said interviews.

Skifi28

Its not so hard to believe.

Because the current consoles are worse than an 8800gtx? I think it's going to look much better from a technical viewpoint with people disagreeing in the art direction.

"b..b..but I can't see that tree from 3 miles away now." well, perhaps you shouldn't. Maybe the original game would not be running at sub30 fps on the best GPUs of the time if they made some reasonable concessions.

Fake

Because the current consoles are worse than an 8800gtx? I think it's going to look much better from a technical viewpoint with people disagreeing in the art direction.

"b..b..but I can't see that tree from 3 miles away now." well, perhaps you shouldn't. Maybe the original game would not be running at sub30 fps on the best GPUs of the time if they made some reasonable concessions.

I guess is because current gen don't support Cryengine 2, just 3 and beyond. If if support, Cryengine 2 have a terrible fame of not supporting multi-cpu/thread, so making One single jaguar cpu (CPU0) to work will destroy Crysis perfomance.

Tesseract

Banned
needs an sdk with modern tools, social hub, competitive multiplayer w / couple maps

why are we going backwards

Last edited:
Top Bottom