• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis: "Remastered" for PS3/Xbox360 confirmed [£16.99 / 1600MS]

on the show they said downloadable, or I'm going crazy and just heard that.

there seems to be some Crysis 2 quirks in there

Chesskid1

Banned
hopefully they upgrade the graphics since crysis 1 is pretty old. doubt it though.

edit: ah, just saw they are improving some effects. nice :)

Reave

Phonomezer said:
Demastered or remastered?
Dude, either way it'll be nice for console gamers to play it. I know it won't look nearly as good as the PC version, but I've always wanted to play it, and now I can.

Jarmel

Banned
da2ot-03.jpg

demolitio

Snuggler said:
I look forward to seeing their definition of "remastered".
LOL. Pretty much what I was thinking and I'm not trying to be some PC fanboy or anything. I just don't get how you can call it remastered if it doesn't surpass the original. There's gotta be some decent changes then at least.

scitek

Looks like the tank level is in there. LOL if Crysis ends up looking better than Crysis 2 on consoles. And they'd better bring it to PC with the new lighting of CryEngine 3. I might bite again for that and new suit controls. MIGHT

Salsa

demolitio said:
LOL. Pretty much what I was thinking and I'm not trying to be some PC fanboy or anything. I just don't get how you can call it remastered if it doesn't surpass the original. There's gotta be some decent changes then at least.

they can easily fool people like that

throw some gasoline on the fire, fanboy-ism is good for business!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
How many 'p's will this have?

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, that looks really nice. I'm pleasantly surprised. All I can bitch about now is the fact that it takes 40 seconds to get to anything worth watching in a 1:50 video. Game trailers are such shit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I guess the Crysis 2 sales must of been good. A bit funny to see a game touted for years as a PC benchmark getting a console port.

dLMN8R

That trailer was super impressive. Yeah, it doesn't look as good, but it looks like they're completely preserving the gameplay without Crysis 2-ing it.

I've always wanted more people to be able to play Crysis in all its glory so they can shut the fuck up already about how it's "nothing but a tech demo", and this looks like it'll enable them to do so.

Salsa

They should just offer the first half of the game as a downloadable title and then the game just ends before going completely shitty.

mr stroke

Snuggler said:
I look forward to seeing their definition of "remastered".

+1

This doesn't make any sense. How the hell are they going to remaster a game that can't be maxed on a 7800GT(Xbox360 equivalent card AFAIK)

feel

YAY!!!!!!! Finally! This console peasant is very pleased!!

Video looks great. And wtf at release date... :O

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Drkirby said:
I guess the Crysis 2 sales must of been good. A bit funny to see a game touted for years as a PC benchmark getting a console port.
It's 2011 so consoles have the power to take this on now.

Medalion

Banned
Before it was like these systems couldn't run Crysis, now all of a sudden they can?

Clearly if developers actually put effort into somethinig and newer techniques come along anything is possible

Looks fantastic, i enjoyed the shit out of crysis 2, sadly my pc was never good enough to play crysis 1 so this will be an all new experience for me.

I hope it includes warhead in someway also , or even as just dlc at some point. Cant believe its out so soon too.

Awesome.

bsb

Neo Member
Is mastering actually a term for a process in video game production? In music production, it's the final step where you set volume levels, EQ settings, track order, etc. So when an album has been remastered, something about that those final steps is changed. Does remastering actually mean something specific here, or is this just redefining a word for marketing purposes?

Kambing

Kind of sad that the remastered version will have a better FOV that Crysis 2. Wonder if this release will translate to an update or patch for the PC version.

I'm conflicted. I want to believe that this remastered crysis is a neat and shiny game, but releasing it with no fanfare and in the middle of triple A genocide season? It sure looks like its being sent out to die, and I wonder if that will be indicative of its real quality? Or could it be the case that crytek really believe their franchise has so much import that they can actually semi sega-saturn this game and still have it turn out well? Only time will tell.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i was like "SWEET!" then the text "new nanosuit controls" showed up on my screen

if this means crysis 2 nanosuit controls... lame.

Top Bottom