Crysis: "Remastered" for PS3/Xbox360 confirmed [£16.99 / 1600MS]

Sho_Nuff82

Member
Jan 2, 2007
39,635
0
0
Textures look a little blurry, but other than that, it looks like Crysis. New suit controls kind of worries me, if it has Crysis 2 suit controls that means no Maximum Speed.
 
Dec 11, 2010
34,635
0
0
Iztli said:
Crysis ps3/360 trailer
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2958/unledwan.jpg[IMG]

PC
[IMG]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1619/crysis2011090912510250.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]


It's not really surprising that they would have to strip down the amount of foliage in some areas to maintain the plumbing.
 

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Aug 13, 2007
6,682
0
0
The Orion Spur
EatChildren said:
They've done a pretty damn good job of giving the impression Crysis wouldn't run on consoles, which now turns out to be a whole lot of horse shit.
I don't think there was a ever a doubt that Crysis could be ported to consoles (imo) but it was always a question as to how many compromises they were prepared to make in the transition, if the comparison above is real then quite a few but I'm still impressed though.
 

mxgt

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
9,440
0
0
England
Iztli said:
Crysis ps3/360 trailer
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2958/unledwan.jpg[IMG]

PC
[IMG]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1619/crysis2011090912510250.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Brutal
 

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Sep 14, 2007
10,846
0
0
Holy shit @ that comparison.

Oh well, good for Crytek for trying to build their audience for Crysis 3. I just hope the PC version doesn't need to have expected, basic features added by modders like with Crysis 2.
 

Ricker

Member
Dec 27, 2007
15,314
0
0
Canada
If you have a top of the line PC to play this on maximum setting(and even what was top of the line in 2007) doesn`t it still look better then the console these days? not saying it`s going to look bad on consoles,in fact it looks awesome,just like Crysis 2 looked great but just saying,remastered is big word lol...
 

faridmon

Member
Dec 6, 2008
29,041
2
0
London
I approve of this. i don't care about the graphics and if its going to be weakend for its console release. I just wanna play the game at this point, and I am glad they port it over.
 

nelsonroyale

Member
Sep 16, 2006
21,966
0
0
Iztli said:
Crysis ps3/360 trailer


PC
Whats the point at comparing them at the same resolution? part of the advantage of the PC is that it can output at higher res.

Anyway, I think the conversion seems pretty impressive...its obvious its not going to touch how the game looks on a high end PC....crysis does have quite alot of low res textures even spruced up with mods
 

Kydd BlaZe

Member
Aug 13, 2007
3,517
6
895
steamcommunity.com
AwRy108 said:
Wonder why in the world they would choose this October to release this, especially on such short notice--doesn't this put them up against Skyrim, Arkum City, and Saints Row 3?
Saint's Row 3 releases November 15th. Rage and Battlefield 3 are two more October games that Crysis will have to compete with.

With that said though, I think console Crysis looks fantastic. Much like the 360 version of The Witcher 2, these PC ports look amazing. I never expected it to look anywhere near this good. I also never got the chance to play the original on PC, yet i've always wanted to. Glad that i'll finally get the chance.
 

Sho_Nuff82

Member
Jan 2, 2007
39,635
0
0
Haha at the new thread title. That PC screen is like Max settings though, I'm pretty sure my run through didn't look that good.

Edit: And if this is XBLA/PSN, that means $15-$20 right?
 

Wallach

Member
Jun 26, 2008
29,845
1
0
NBtoaster said:
That does look like Crysis modded, the lighting isn't like that in vanialla iirc.
Indeed, maybe the subtitle for this should be "Under a Fluorescent Sky".
 

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Oct 26, 2009
24,268
0
0
NBtoaster said:
That does look like Crysis modded, the lighting isn't like that in vanialla iirc.
that's not about lighting, it's about foliage. And I recognize the place, it was exactly like that in vanilla.

Finally a true PC-to-consoles port.
 

Majanew

Banned
Nov 12, 2010
6,575
0
0
NBtoaster said:
That does look like Crysis modded, the lighting isn't like that in vanialla iirc.
Is there a red suit in Crysis? That must be one of those uber mods.
 

TedNindo

Member
Nov 7, 2010
2,083
0
550
Chesskid1 said:
hopefully they upgrade the graphics since crysis 1 is pretty old. doubt it though.

edit: ah, just saw they are improving some effects. nice :)
It's still one of the best looking games on PC lol.
 

gdt

Member
Oct 20, 2007
40,449
1
0
29
Pennsylvania
Hopefully this just means Crysis 1 will go on sale on Steam. Playing through Crysis 2 (digging it alot) and still need to purchase 1.
 

Metal-Geo

Member
Jan 28, 2011
2,804
0
0
Dutchland
Majanew said:
Is there a red suit in Crysis? That must be one of those uber mods.
Maximum Strength mode.

Maximum Speed is white/yellow.


ThoseDeafMutes said:
I cannot believe I am reading this. What can I even say to that?
Well if you've only played Crysis 2 single player, you never really get to see the 'red effect', right?
 

dragonfart28

Banned
Jun 12, 2009
4,420
298
800
There's more vertical resolution in the second of those two screenshots..

961px × 548px
961px × 601px


Anyway, this game looks good enough to me. Will be enjoying the experience for the first time after the initial price drop.
 

Majanew

Banned
Nov 12, 2010
6,575
0
0
ThoseDeafMutes said:
I cannot believe I am reading this. What can I even say to that?
It's a question. Do you not know?

I know Crysis PC looks better than the 360 version...but I also know there's a lot of mods that makes the game look a lot better.
 

NBtoaster

Member
Aug 3, 2010
8,655
0
600
subversus said:
that's not about lighting, it's about foliage. And I recognize the place, it was exactly like that in vanilla.

Finally a true PC-to-consoles port.
Where is it? Somewhere in the first level?
 

Red

Member
Feb 16, 2008
23,709
1
0
Even without the foilage the game looks great. Console players are in for a treat.

I'm expecting a lot of fans of C2 to have serious problems with the form of Crysis 1, but hopefully they can learn to love it.
 

Mithos

Member
Apr 26, 2006
5,722
35
1,020
Sweden
All these PC screenshots you are showing are from 2005 PC-hardware with a pricetag no more then $399 right and the game runs 1280x720 @ 30fps on it too right?
 

SmokyDave

Member
Dec 8, 2008
35,663
33
825
England
dragonfart28 said:
There's more vertical resolution in the second of those two screenshots..

961px × 548px
961px × 601px



Anyway, this game looks good enough to me. Will be enjoying the experience for the first time after the initial price drop.
iOS version confirmed :eek:
 
Dec 11, 2010
34,635
0
0
Mithos said:
All these PC screenshots you are showing are from 2005 PC-hardware with a pricetag no more then $399 right and the game runs 1280x720 @ 30fps on it too right?

Crysis didn't come out until 2007, and your ideas about what would be a "Fair" comparison is laughable. Why should I give even one single fuck about how good the game looks on 360 level hardware for PC versus what it looks like on a contemporary gaming PC? The only thing that matters is absolute performance, not performance relative to the power of the hardware it's running on.
 

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Oct 26, 2009
24,268
0
0
NBtoaster said:
Where is it? Somewhere in the first level?
no, it's the second level, it's right before the settlement where the school is. You can go down this serpantine and it will lead right to the bridge and the checkpoint behind it.
 

Red

Member
Feb 16, 2008
23,709
1
0
Really all these screenshots prove is Crysis 1 is still the world's best looking FPS.

And it released four years ago.
 

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Oct 26, 2009
24,268
0
0
specialguy said:
Crysis still doesnt run very well on the most expensive PC's, too be honest.
30 fps maxed out on i5-2500k + 6950 2 gig in the snow level.
 
Dec 28, 2008
19,768
0
0
UK.
Iztli said:
Crysis ps3/360 trailer


PC
Hahaha, this is brilliant.

It's also depressing. Put a fucking bullet in the ancient consoles, release new ones and THEN give console only players the true Crysis experience they deserve.

subversus said:
30 fps maxed out on i5-2500k + 6950 2 gig in the snow level.
45-60fps in a lot of places if you cut back on the AA a bit, too.
 

Mithos

Member
Apr 26, 2006
5,722
35
1,020
Sweden
ThoseDeafMutes said:
Crysis didn't come out until 2007, and your ideas about what would be a "Fair" comparison is laughable. Why should I give even one single fuck about how good the game looks on 360 level hardware for PC versus what it looks like on a contemporary gaming PC? The only thing that matters is absolute performance, not performance relative to the power of the hardware it's running on.
"My Ferrari is faster then your go-cart" is not doing it for me.