• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis: "Remastered" for PS3/Xbox360 confirmed [£16.99 / 1600MS]

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Iztli said:
Crysis ps3/360 trailer
unledwan.jpg

PC
crysis2011090912510250.jpg

hahahahahahaha!!

Textures look a little blurry, but other than that, it looks like Crysis. New suit controls kind of worries me, if it has Crysis 2 suit controls that means no Maximum Speed.

Iztli said:
Crysis ps3/360 trailer
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2958/unledwan.jpg[IMG]

PC
[IMG]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1619/crysis2011090912510250.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It's not really surprising that they would have to strip down the amount of foliage in some areas to maintain the plumbing.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
EatChildren said:
They've done a pretty damn good job of giving the impression Crysis wouldn't run on consoles, which now turns out to be a whole lot of horse shit.

I don't think there was a ever a doubt that Crysis could be ported to consoles (imo) but it was always a question as to how many compromises they were prepared to make in the transition, if the comparison above is real then quite a few but I'm still impressed though.

mxgt

Banned
Iztli said:
Crysis ps3/360 trailer
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2958/unledwan.jpg[IMG]

PC
[IMG]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1619/crysis2011090912510250.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Brutal

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Holy shit @ that comparison.

Oh well, good for Crytek for trying to build their audience for Crysis 3. I just hope the PC version doesn't need to have expected, basic features added by modders like with Crysis 2.

Ricker

If you have a top of the line PC to play this on maximum setting(and even what was top of the line in 2007) doesn`t it still look better then the console these days? not saying it`s going to look bad on consoles,in fact it looks awesome,just like Crysis 2 looked great but just saying,remastered is big word lol...

faridmon

I approve of this. i don't care about the graphics and if its going to be weakend for its console release. I just wanna play the game at this point, and I am glad they port it over.

Iztli said:
Crysis ps3/360 trailer
unledwan.jpg

PC

Whats the point at comparing them at the same resolution? part of the advantage of the PC is that it can output at higher res.

Anyway, I think the conversion seems pretty impressive...its obvious its not going to touch how the game looks on a high end PC....crysis does have quite alot of low res textures even spruced up with mods

Kydd BlaZe

AwRy108 said:
Wonder why in the world they would choose this October to release this, especially on such short notice--doesn't this put them up against Skyrim, Arkum City, and Saints Row 3?
Saint's Row 3 releases November 15th. Rage and Battlefield 3 are two more October games that Crysis will have to compete with.

With that said though, I think console Crysis looks fantastic. Much like the 360 version of The Witcher 2, these PC ports look amazing. I never expected it to look anywhere near this good. I also never got the chance to play the original on PC, yet i've always wanted to. Glad that i'll finally get the chance.

Haha at the new thread title. That PC screen is like Max settings though, I'm pretty sure my run through didn't look that good.

Edit: And if this is XBLA/PSN, that means $15-$20 right?

subversus

NBtoaster said:
That does look like Crysis modded, the lighting isn't like that in vanialla iirc.

that's not about lighting, it's about foliage. And I recognize the place, it was exactly like that in vanilla.

Finally a true PC-to-consoles port.

TedNindo

Chesskid1 said:
hopefully they upgrade the graphics since crysis 1 is pretty old. doubt it though.

edit: ah, just saw they are improving some effects. nice :)

It's still one of the best looking games on PC lol.

gdt

Hopefully this just means Crysis 1 will go on sale on Steam. Playing through Crysis 2 (digging it alot) and still need to purchase 1.

Metal-Geo

Majanew said:
Is there a red suit in Crysis? That must be one of those uber mods.
Maximum Strength mode.

Maximum Speed is white/yellow.

ThoseDeafMutes said:
I cannot believe I am reading this. What can I even say to that?
Well if you've only played Crysis 2 single player, you never really get to see the 'red effect', right?

There's more vertical resolution in the second of those two screenshots..

961px × 548px
961px × 601px

Anyway, this game looks good enough to me. Will be enjoying the experience for the first time after the initial price drop.

Majanew

Banned
ThoseDeafMutes said:
I cannot believe I am reading this. What can I even say to that?
It's a question. Do you not know?

I know Crysis PC looks better than the 360 version...but I also know there's a lot of mods that makes the game look a lot better.

NBtoaster

subversus said:
that's not about lighting, it's about foliage. And I recognize the place, it was exactly like that in vanilla.

Finally a true PC-to-consoles port.

Where is it? Somewhere in the first level?

Red

Even without the foilage the game looks great. Console players are in for a treat.

I'm expecting a lot of fans of C2 to have serious problems with the form of Crysis 1, but hopefully they can learn to love it.

Mithos

All these PC screenshots you are showing are from 2005 PC-hardware with a pricetag no more then $399 right and the game runs 1280x720 @ 30fps on it too right?

SmokyDave

dragonfart28 said:
There's more vertical resolution in the second of those two screenshots..

961px × 548px
961px × 601px

Anyway, this game looks good enough to me. Will be enjoying the experience for the first time after the initial price drop.
iOS version confirmed :eek:

Mithos said:
All these PC screenshots you are showing are from 2005 PC-hardware with a pricetag no more then $399 right and the game runs 1280x720 @ 30fps on it too right?

Crysis didn't come out until 2007, and your ideas about what would be a "Fair" comparison is laughable. Why should I give even one single fuck about how good the game looks on 360 level hardware for PC versus what it looks like on a contemporary gaming PC? The only thing that matters is absolute performance, not performance relative to the power of the hardware it's running on.

subversus

NBtoaster said:
Where is it? Somewhere in the first level?

no, it's the second level, it's right before the settlement where the school is. You can go down this serpantine and it will lead right to the bridge and the checkpoint behind it.

Red

Really all these screenshots prove is Crysis 1 is still the world's best looking FPS.

And it released four years ago.

subversus

specialguy said:
Crysis still doesnt run very well on the most expensive PC's, too be honest.

30 fps maxed out on i5-2500k + 6950 2 gig in the snow level.

Iztli said:
Crysis ps3/360 trailer
unledwan.jpg

PC
Hahaha, this is brilliant.

It's also depressing. Put a fucking bullet in the ancient consoles, release new ones and THEN give console only players the true Crysis experience they deserve.

subversus said:
30 fps maxed out on i5-2500k + 6950 2 gig in the snow level.
45-60fps in a lot of places if you cut back on the AA a bit, too.

Mithos

ThoseDeafMutes said:
Crysis didn't come out until 2007, and your ideas about what would be a "Fair" comparison is laughable. Why should I give even one single fuck about how good the game looks on 360 level hardware for PC versus what it looks like on a contemporary gaming PC? The only thing that matters is absolute performance, not performance relative to the power of the hardware it's running on.

"My Ferrari is faster then your go-cart" is not doing it for me.

Top Bottom