• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered free update is live now with next-gen enhancements on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

assurdum

Banned
Christ Remaster my balls....they even used the assets of the ps360 version and still runs shitty after the next generation patch. The hell is that mess. The irony this game ran better with BC on console before the patch. At least on ps5 in the 60 FPS mode.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
"Those resolution limits tie into PS4 Pro's equivalent outputs, if you're wondering why they're lower than Series X."

Yes it is a BC patch.

You asked about Series S

"Xbox Series S? I feel 2160p is too high a target, even with a capped 30fps - there are too many dips beneath and at this low frame-rate, VRR cannot help the experience."

It doesn't hit 4k and keep dropping both resolution below 4k and framerate below 30fps.

You kind of missing the point......for a "budget" next gen machine, its really doing just fine. Even if they had chosen 1440p at a better frame rate, or rt at 900p.

PsyEd

Even though I have it on PC...got it again since it's on sale on X and wanted to play it on the couch. Must say for some weird reason the forced Dolby Atmos on XsX sounds WAY better than PC via 2080ti...so I was insta satisfied with the purchase! Has the RT mode which runs uncapped framerate and dsr but has lotta dips...yet it is my preferred video mode over performance or quality. I wish they bring it down to 1080p RT. Anyway good to see the game got some love for the new consoles....GG!

Bought the game today, just started it for like one minute or something. Really annoyed at no HDR on the XSX, please fix this. I had finished it on the pc many years ago. Game is still impressive after all these years, damn, I don’t think there has ever been such a forward thinking game, in terms of graphics, ever. No wonder nobody tried to replicate it.

Romulus

What's with oldschool ports sucking lately?

Republic Commando struggles on Switch, runs at only 1440p on ps4 pro lol

Doom 3 PSVR didn't even get a pro patch along with scaling issues.

Crysis ports are lazy as fuck. What's next Mass Effect?

Last edited:
What's with oldschool ports sucking lately?

Republic Commando struggles on Switch, runs at only 1440p on ps4 pro lol

Doom 3 PSVR didn't even get a pro patch along with scaling issues.

Crysis ports are lazy as fuck. What's next Mass Effect?
Mass effect looks like they have put some work into it but you can tell its a game thats a full 2 generations old

So is the PS5 version missing anything?
XsX hdr is broken for everyone?

Can’t decide which platform. I do have VRR, but no hdr sucks. Wth

Developers need to stop calling patches "Next-gen upgrade" if it's still BC and not Native.
Bought this today on the XSex because of the hype and nostaligia, but WOW the term "remastered" is really misleading: fugly as sin low polygon count models; low resolution textures without PBR lighting; jarring LOD pop in; low fidelity animations... at least the kick ass soundtrack and straight-to-video movie cheese writing is still there.

SkylineRKR

Liked Crysis a lot once but beaten it yesterday. Its painfully average. Even a next-gen upgrade wouldn't fix that.

You feel weak despite the suit. Powers deplete in an instant, recharge is slower actually. Weapons are standard fare. You mostly find ammo for the FY and shotgun anyway. I like how you can customize them on the fly though, like opting for ranged combat, you can flick a scope and silencer on, and flame bullets. But I hated a fair bit of the levels. Generally the first 3 or 4 are best. Onslaught is mostly shit, all Alien levels are shit (Core is -1/10). Fuck those guys constantly dashing aside after 2 hits. Final boss is completely awful. The ADS controls are absolutely awful on console.

I think I ultimately prefer Crysis 2 with its increased suit (though I'd prefer the 1.0 suit controls), upgrades and all that. The game is also rather consistent unlike 1 that takes a nosedive after Awakening.

Started playing yesterday and it’s at least in a functional state. Version 1.01 was brutal, I couldn’t even play beyond shooting the first two enemies.

There are still issues (some drops in FPS here and there), but acceptable for a play through. The most glaring problems for me are with the design of the game which comes as a result of its age, but it still holds up pretty well all things considered.

Top Bottom