• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered - Official 8K Tech Trailer

Senua

It is an impressive remaster now for sure, though I wish they left the colour palette alone, the vibrant colours remind me of Far Cry 1 now :p

9744A961672CCB4ACDE4FC24BDBF96E7C951550D

Last edited:

Diddy X

What's there left to tell? The Alpha Ceph was destroyed. :p

They need to retcon Crysis 2 and 3 and continue whatever Prophet was planning to do at the end of Crysis 1. :lollipop_grinning:

And double down what made Crysis 1 a success instead of the pandering to consoles that the sequels did. :lollipop_winking:

With aliens involved they can come up with a whole universe of ideas.

JoduanER2

Looking great. What is weird to me is what happened with the original release date, why did they delay it? It was because of the backlash of the first trailer? Since the original release date (June) they implemented new graphical options? So it went from a "mess" to "good" in 3 months?

Fake

IDK you guys, but is really looking they're reusing the Xbox 360 version to make this resmaster. The color is satureted, they're using Cryengine 3 instead of Cryengine 5 with BTW Hunt:Showdown already run on both PS4 and Xbox One using Cryengine 5.
Another point to make, they're avoiding showing the console version besides the already Xbox One X with Ray Tracing trailler with BTW again they replay the same shots from the older trailers.
Dunno about the PC version, but console version are being hide for some reason.
Hope is not true, but I getting concern about this game.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
What's there left to tell? The Alpha Ceph was destroyed. :p

They need to retcon Crysis 2 and 3 and continue whatever Prophet was planning to do at the end of Crysis 1. :lollipop_grinning:

And double down what made Crysis 1 a success instead of the pandering to consoles that the sequels did. :lollipop_winking:
Did you know Crysis 2 retconned Crysis 1 ending... in a comic book with time travel? With Crysis everything is possible.

Ulysses 31

Did you know Crysis 2 retconned Crysis 1 ending... in a comic book with time travel? With Crysis everything is possible.
Doesn't really surprise me but I also know they came up with Alcatraz so console players could follow the story easier since Crysis 1 wasn't available on consoles.

Also, Nomad deserved better than dying on some off screen side mission in Crysis 3. :lollipop_confounded:

Last edited:

Fake

I hope that's not true. Didn't they completely remove one of the levels because the 7th gen hardware couldn't handle it?

I not sure, but I guess all console versions don't have that plane part.

If so pretty much confirm this is a remaster of the PS360 version because both PS3 and Xbox 360 don't have this battleship part. Lets just wait if is true. I really praying for not.

Last edited:

thief183

Guys! It is not a sony exclusive! It looks bad!! Or wait: "looks like shit!"

IT: Looks awesome, now I don't get why should anyone play 8k but that's another thing :)

Siri

Banned
Why did I think this was going to be on Gamepass PC?

Oh well. Epic Store it is then.

I just hope I get the full experience here... you know, seeing my 2080 TI brought to its knees.... me beating the desk with my fist.... sobbing uncontrollably.... “Seven frames per second!! What the fuck do I have to to get 60 FPS in this game!”

If my RTX 2080 TI handles this I’ll be seriously pissed off.

Kuranghi

If you want to have a better chance at watching it smoothly in 8K on your PC then download it with this - https://download.cnet.com/WinX-YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-77117321.html - then play it back with mpv - https://mpv.io/ - VLC won't playback 8K VP9 smoothly with the CPU in my experience; I have a 3770k@4.4Ghz and a GTX 1080, so maybe a better CPU can allow VLC to decode it properly, but if you have an 1080ti or RTX 2060+ then you can decode VP9 in HW so should be fine with VLC set to hardware decoding.

Pagusas

Elden Member
am I just missing it or is it lacking any per-object motion blur? Its one of those features that I feel instantly seperates games from feeling overly gamey vs modern looking, and something about this looked like it was missing it (esspecially seeing like that helicopter fly in right at the begining)

Top Bottom