• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy - Official PC, SWITCH, PS4 & XB1 Launch Trailer

Hugare

Am I the only one thinking the Switch trailer looks better?
The Switch version was made by Saber Interactive. The other versions (PC, PS/XBOX) by Crytek.

So there are some changes graphically. Digital Foundry mentioned about it.

Things like foliage and lighting can look different

PS: Im talking about the frist Crysis

Last edited:

MikeM

Trying to find information on this. Is this 60 fps? EDIT: Saw the comparison video between PS3 and Ps5- obvious 60 fps.

Likely going to wait for the DF review prior to buying for either Series X or PS5.

Last edited:

Romulus

I played all on Xbox 360 and had a great time. Fuck this cultist like obsession with framerate

Thing is, it won't be 30fps. You'll be getting mid-low 20s in bigger battles.

After playing so many 60fps shooters, going back to struggling a 30fps is a night and day difference. Not to mention vaseline resolution that dips hard on the dynamic scaler.

stranno

Playstation 3 is the only hardly playable, sometimes, version of the bunch, you definitely don't want to play it on Delta :messenger_tears_of_joy: XBOX 360 version was a noticeable better in later crowded levels.

Hope it fares better in the last gen than Crysis Remastered, which has serious framepacing problems. Illusion, the PS4 patches guy, has fixed it using other kind of frame limiter, so I just can understand why Crytek cannot do the same.

Last edited:

Fake

I played all on Xbox 360 and had a great time. Fuck this cultist like obsession with framerate

In his defense, PS360 was both very limited, maybe great for their time.

We are talking about PS5/Series X now. Maybe is OK on Nintendo Switch due to mobile CPU/portable focus. This game is very old now.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Was expecting a AAA game with Crysis 1 remastered but I think I got a B+ game the game kept the lid on things like characters and level designs.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
This is actually 30fps? No improvements for next-gen consoles?
I see the "also plays well on..." tag.

edit: found this:
"PS4/XBO/Pro/One X are 30fps. Next gen are 60fps. In Crysis 2, next gen consoles also get tessellation. Unsure what differences are for C3. Dynamic resolution is being used in an effort to keep the framerate stable.

Switch is 30fps. Switch ports are rather more conservative visually, hewing closer to the old PC versions in terms of effects and textures, but C2 Switch does have SVOGI lighting. C1 has some performance issues, but C2 and C3 seem to be a stable 30fps on Switch."

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This video is sponsored by Crytek.

A graphic and feature comparison of the new Crysis Remastered Trilogy to the original trilogy of games all playing on PC at the highest settings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom