• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered (XBLA/PSN) screenshots released [Up: New gameplay video]

Pranay

OdysseusVA said:

720P Version of the screenshots. Native Res

DennisK4 said:

Orignal Size
Screenshots -

Crysis-Console-ScreenShot0152.jpg

Crysis-Console-ScreenShot0235.jpg

Crysis-Console-ScreenShot0002.jpg

Crysis-Console-ScreenShot0114.jpg

Crysis-Console-ScreenShot0024.jpg

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Nice bullshots, EA. Perfect color palette and rich looking textures and all that, oh and 1080p res, what?

StuBurns

Banned
Meisadragon said:
Nice bullshots, EA. Perfect color palette and rich textures and all that, oh and 1080p res, what?
What? They're just scaled, the IQ there is awful, if those are bullshots, this is going to be ugliest game on the platform.

Well if you squint it almost looks the same, but some of those areas look rough, and I don't mean compared to the original. The water is 007-on-Wii levels of bad.

I'm tempted to play this mostly out of curiosity over how it runs and how it plays with a pad, but I've already beaten the game 3x.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Izayoi said:
So how do they explain this being so much better than Crysis 2 to the console players when it comes out?
That's not a given. Crysis is entirely what you make of it. But this gen of console shooter fans seem to gravitate towards heavily scripted, directed SP experiences.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Looks pretty damn good imo. I hope you console gamers that weren't able to play it on PC can finally enjoy this game. It's probably the best FPS ever made.

edit: gamers have become so jaded

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The lack of foliage (compared to PC) stands out, but as long as it runs steady, it should be alright. Worth playing either way, it's a pretty dope game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Pranay_ said:
Cant compare Trailer ones with direct screens from pc
Another console game ruined by heavy video compression artifacts. Shame. I guess that's what you get for letting YouTube handle the port.

The real shots look fine, however. About on par with Cry running at med settings.

VanWinkle

^ LOL. Not saying it's going to compare in any way to the PC version, but why would you compare compressed web video to direct feed shots?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Looks great - it'll be fun to go through this one again. One of the favorite single-player games of the generation. Total power fantasy.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
can you build a £100 pc that will run crysis like the xbox ?

yeah good luck with that

goodfella

Looks above average for a console game. More than good enough to enjoy all the gameplay in it.

Anyone who says it looks crap is wrong tbh.

DarkChild said:
Found this on b3d.
http://h3.abload.de/img/vlcsnap-2011-09-11-09h0fy5.png[IMG]
PC
[IMG]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9469/crysispc1.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://h3.abload.de/img/vlcsnap-2011-09-11-09h1fnt.png[IMG]
PC
[IMG]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8899/crysispc5.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://h3.abload.de/img/vlcsnap-2011-09-11-09h9ftt.png[IMG]
PC
[IMG]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7384/crysispc7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Come on man. Comparing blurry low-res trailer shots to pc shots is just too much.

No, the game's not going to look as good as a maxed-out PC version. Nevertheless, I'm sure it'll look acceptable for a console game.

EDIT: Seeing those shots made me wonder why they didn't just include recolored Ceph in their "remastered edition". Color the buggers red, create some consistency.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
StuBurns said:
What? They're just scaled, the IQ there is awful, if those are bullshots, this is going to be ugliest game on the platform.
It looks pretty decent to me. Hopefully the frame rate is solid.

VanWinkle

DarkChild said:
Its just to give indication of lighting differences, sure you won't be able to see details.

But doesn't Crysis have a day-night cycle? That would probably explain the differences in lighting from those shots.

So considering how much it had to be downgraded to fit on consoles compared with the relatively intact Crysis 2, it's safe to finally say that Crysis had better graphics than Crysis 2?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
_dementia said:
Looks about what I expected (assuming these are supersampled bullshots)
Doesn't really look supersampled, tbh. I mean, maybe the upscaling reintroduced some aliasing, but some things in those shots look pretty aliased.

jett

D-Member
Stupid to release pictures upscaled to 1080p from a lower resolution. That aside, I think it looks pretty good all things considered.

DSN2K said:
looks likes Crysis on Low except it has better lighting.

Reality check: It doesn't look anything like Crysis on low.

crysis_low.jpg

Even on medium Crysis is kinda ugly.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Nice to see the word "remastered" has already been (mis)appropriated to try and sell a port that looks no better than the originals. And the explosions are worse. That was the best part!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Expecting the game to not follow the norm, 720p or sub 720p , 0x - 2xaa, and 25-30fps, is simply being delusional by now, the hardware is old. That doesn't mean it wont be fun, as long as the framedrops won't be too severe. If the game has motion blur reminiscent of the pc version then even lowish framerates feel comparatively smooth.

jett said:
Stupid to release pictures upscaled to 1080p from a lower resolution. That aside, I think it looks pretty good all things considered.

Reality check: It doesn't look anything like Crysis on low.

crysis_low.jpg

Even on medium Crysis is kinda ugly.

Of course, Crysis on low runs on machines much slower than the consoles. No surprise there.

Top Bottom