• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crystal Palace: The first expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 ?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

All the following is pure speculation on my part

cp2077_banner2.jpg

Those familiar with Cyberpunk's lore may know that space is an important part of the paper game and some details let me think that the orbital station Crystal Palace could be the site of the first expansion.
Crystal Palace is a space station that was constructed in an eleven year period between 2000 and 2011, and it is one of the biggest space stations in the Cyberpunk universe.

1601233975-opera-instantane-2020-09-27-211207-skynet.jpg
1601233768-opera-instantane-2020-09-27-210858-skynet.jpg

First, you can see this in the e3 2018 trailer (1m06s). This is clearly taking place in space. Maybe just for a mission:
unknown.png

Also, hello space rocket landing (Gangs of Night City @ 0.15s)
unknown.png

You can even see the station in the "In Style" trailer @ 3m04s !
unknown.png

And no to mention the "Orbital Air Space Station" present in the Night City metro map:
1602793855-cyberpunk-2077-metro-karte.jpg

All of this led me to believe that Crystal Palace will be part of the base game for sure, and I can see this being added for a first expansion as a new playable area. What do you think GAF ?

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
All I could think of when hearing Crystal Palace is Breaking Bad.

place_image-image-3dff38ec-e207-4932-a12c-ec3e222bc4f3.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not familiar with the lore of CP2077 other than what's in the art book I got from Amazon, which I still haven't finished reading. But it would make sense to have a spot like that in space as far as development and lore for the game is concerned.

Last edited:

All the following is pure speculation on my part

cp2077_banner2.jpg

Those familiar with Cyberpunk's lore may know that space is an important part of the paper game and some details let me think that the orbital station Crystal Palace could be the site of the first expansion.
Crystal Palace is a space station that was constructed in an eleven year period between 2000 and 2011, and it is one of the biggest space stations in the Cyberpunk universe.

1601233975-opera-instantane-2020-09-27-211207-skynet.jpg
1601233768-opera-instantane-2020-09-27-210858-skynet.jpg

First, you can see this in the e3 2018 trailer (1m06s). This is clearly taking place in space. Maybe just for a mission:
unknown.png

Also, hello space rocket landing (Gangs of Night City @ 0.15s)
unknown.png

You can even see the station in the "In Style" trailer @ 3m04s !
unknown.png

And no to mention the "Orbital Air Space Station" present in the Night City metro map:
1602793855-cyberpunk-2077-metro-karte.jpg

All of this led me to believe that Crystal Palace will be part of the base game for sure, and I can see this being added for a first expansion as a new playable area. What do you think GAF ?

I'd love a low-gravity space shooter expansion!

It'd give them room to explore an aesthetic side I haven't seen much of. Just imagine CDPR wizards, say, the extra talented designers responsible for the incredible vehicle line-up showcased yesterday, creating sleek space weapons, space vehicles and an entire space station!

Make it happen CDPR!

Alebrije

Would be great also a deep sea station.... but it seems the city is surrounded by desert.

Does the game has a map like GTA where besides the big city you can explore woods, outdoors and small twons?? Or is just a massive city?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Would be great also a deep sea station.... but it seems the city is surrounded by desert.

Does the game has a map like GTA where besides the big city you can explore woods, outdoors and small twons?? Or is just a massive city?

There aren't really woods, but outside the city is a more desert like area. That's where you start if you choose the Nomad life path. There's smaller settlement like areas out there and a whole cast of different characters and gangs.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of Policenauts and going to the Crystal Palace or the Moon would be epic and remind me of that game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom