• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek considering other genres for Crysis games

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

G-Fex

Well I'd like a game sorta like a stealth genre game with a special new sneaking nano-suit that is for well...even more special secret missions.

Orayn

Crytek should consider loaning their engine to a dev team with some talent and good ideas.
My god Dark Souls with some Crysis graphics.

There's been a free CryEngine 3 SDK available for a while now, and it's been receiving plenty of updates.

Violater

sound like a complete mess to me :/

well From already changed the engine for DS2,and Eurogamer guys think the game look super duper next-geny.

We need some leaks.
I also think PS3/360 release is a mistake, they should hold out for next gen.
If not I will be getting on PC, hopefully full controller support will be present.

Silent Crysis: Alcatraz's Revenge

Crysis Wars: A New Crysis

Crysis Wars: Return of the Ceph

Crysis Wars: Attack of the Cell

The Crying Dead

Prophet & Psycho (P&C Adventure Game)

Mass Crysis

Resident Crysis/BioCrysis

Cry-Raider

Grand Theft Crysis

Crysis Protocol

BattleCry

Cry-ken (aka Hawken)

God of Crysis

CryZone

Final Crysis Versus

Super Cry-Bros Melee

No More Crysis

Crylanders

CryShock

CryVille

Cry by the Sword

CryScape Torment

Crysis Sports

Street Crysis Zero/Alpha

LA Crysis

Dennis

Banned
Alien Invasion the IP.

I would rather they make a companion franchise that use their engine and FPS know-how to make a killer FPS-RPG hybrid in the manner of STALKER.

But it is not to be it seems.

Though it can not be ruled out that they will make an FPS spin-off in the Crysis universe that makes more of the nanosuit upgrades as an RPG element.

I don't really have any interest in the universe as such so Crysis Wars the RTS is not something I want.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Nobody asked for this.

Did anyone finish Crysis 2 and think "I need a third installment! NOW!"

Serious question.

Perkel

Banned
Uncharted Crysis of Duty: Maximum Protect Edition

Seriously Crytek need new IP because they make simply bland games. They should hire Spec Ops The Line writer.

After so much hype i decided to try Crysis on a PC and what a generic bland game it is. I'm not surprised they are looking for something different. The story and the premisses in Crysis 2 are stupid and generic.

They should continue to keep working on game engines, that's what they know how to do, not trying to make me-too games.

Ifrit

2d crysis, metroidvania style (what is a maximum?)

Btw, I just finished the first Crysis for the first time, and it's fucking great (last section of the game wasn't that good, but it wasn't that bad either, didn't really affect that much my impression of the game)

delta25

Banned
I'm not to up to date on the Crysis lore but from what I've played and seen from both games and the expansion, I don't see how they could expand the game outside an fps.

Top Bottom