• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek: Next gen Crysis trilogy re-release possible

Why? (Serious question, I've just barely played the 2nd one, didn't like it but I'm still slightly interested in the series because I keep reading very good things here on GAF about the first one)

Because it is fun.

The first title allows for a lot more freedom in the first half of the game and has more open environments. The jungle also feels like a very different setting.

fuenf

Crysis 2 is great, it might not be Crysis 1 but it's still a GREAT FPS. Unfortunately I'll have to skip C3 because I don't have a machine that can run it and I definitely wont touch the PS3 version (unless they've worked miracles with the engine in the SP, which I doubt).

Yeah I want a next-gen re-release.

spisho

Neo Member
If they're going to port this to next gen consoles, I hope it's a launch window title. Depending on what we see on the 20th it might already be dated looking.

Second game barely references the first in plot terms, and the aliens, nanosuit etc changed a lot. For example, in C1 the aliens were blue floating things that snap-froze the jungle, and in 2 they are strange, brown/red biotechnology aliens who unleash big bio-weapons to infect and kill people. It's like they're from different series, honestly. They look nothing alike, they act nothing alike. The Nanosuit became a wierd symbiote deal in 2, when in the first it was clearly just a military exoskeleton which the North Koreans had reverse engineered themselves. The first game ended on a cliffhanger, which the second ignores completely.

man... don't remind me just how much they fucked up the plot as the series went on T___T

Sojgat

If they're going to port this to next gen consoles, I hope it's a launch window title. Depending on what we see on the 20th it might already be dated looking.

f9Eu1.gif

Z_Y_W_Y

Banned
Just give the series the rest already, it's as unorigianal as only FPS can get - american marine in a power-armor saves NY from aliens, like we haven't seen this in the last 100 years or so... And the story is totally f**ked up - Prophet dies, so you play as a guy with broken bones inside the armor, then that guy dies and you play as a virtual/AI Prophet, dafaq Crytec? Sure Crysis was origianlly planned as a trilogy, but the new script-writer for C2 totally ruined it, remember that trailer footage from 1st Crysis where you were walking into the cold sphere? We never got this as it was reserved for 2nd Crysis, but instead of coninuing the story right where 1st game left Crytec decided to totally change the scenery and story, other than the power-armor and Prophet (which I felt was forced) the game had nothing to do with original Crysis as a trilogy. So like I said, finish C3 and come up with something new, after all Crytec is who made the original Farcry, which IMO was 10x better and more interesting game than all Crysis games combined.

sorry crytek... i'm confused...

why would you rerelease crysis 3 after claiming next gen games wont look better than it?

crysis 2 was a total snooze... perhaps stop running your exec's mouths on overdrive and concentrate on making the experiances you are putting out compelling... then you might have, you know, some credibility.

Yeah, no. I can absolutely guarantee you that the majority of launch titles on either system will not reach Crysis (maxed out, full AA/AF) levels of visual fidelity.
Maybe one or two first party title with super small, linear levels will. Like a new Killzone.
But the overall technical achievement will not be surpassed.

StuBurns

Banned
Seems like a decent idea, while Crysis did come out, no one gave a shit, and it was a God awful port, it deserved better.

spisho

Neo Member
Yeah, no. I can absolutely guarantee you that the majority of launch titles on either system will not reach Crysis (maxed out, full AA/AF) levels of visual fidelity.
Maybe one or two first party title with super small, linear levels will. Like a new Killzone.
But the overall technical achievement will not be surpassed.

Not really, Crysis 3 is designed to scale much lower than next gen consoles. Ramping up IQ is just an easy way to throw performance at a title when the developer targets a spec well below whatever the current high end card is. It's also an underwhelming use of resources. I'd rather have a PS360 game at 720p than a Wii game at 1080p for example.

And people were calling me crazy when I said that we could see next-gen "Super-HD" rereleases of current-gen games.

Fucking bring it, Crytek. With three new sets of trophies ! :D

Tacitus_

Second game barely references the first in plot terms, and the aliens, nanosuit etc changed a lot. For example, in C1 the aliens were blue floating things that snap-froze the jungle, and in 2 they are strange, brown/red biotechnology aliens who unleash big bio-weapons to infect and kill people. It's like they're from different series, honestly. They look nothing alike, they act nothing alike. The Nanosuit became a wierd symbiote deal in 2, when in the first it was clearly just a military exoskeleton which the North Koreans had reverse engineered themselves. The first game ended on a cliffhanger, which the second ignores completely.

The gameplay didn't get changed as much as the story/world stuff, but still felt pretty different. Much less open, although still good in its own way.

I think the cliffhanger got resolved in a comic. At least according to the crysis wiki that's where they kill of Nomad (and apparently they somehow use time travel).

strata8

Crytek is talking a LOT of shit lately.

And just stop it with Crysis.
Crytek: "We've been thinking about releasing the series for next gen. Nothing official yet, but the folks at the office thought it could be pretty cool."

legacyzero: "Wow guys, shit talking much?"

legacyzero

Banned
Crytek: "We've been thinking about releasing the series for next gen. Nothing official yet, but the folks at the office thought it could be pretty cool."

legacyzero: "Wow guys, shit talking much?"

LOL no, i was more referring to how many Crytek threads there have been lately. :p

Ushae

Banned
I'd definitely consider getting this bundle (or whatever they possibly planned) if it happened. Crysis is still a graphical monster to this day, amazing how far ahead the PC platform always is :)

The Witcher 2 Re-Release for Orbis/Durango ... Do it CDPR! :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not sure about Crysis. It's gorgeous, but something like Crysis 3 would probably scrub up better going from one generation to the next. I really wouldn't be at all surprised for a next generation build of Crysis 3 to be already in the works, closely matching what the game looks like on PC. Hard to say without seeing what these systems will have at launch, but a maxed out Crysis 3 could probably sit comfortably in the launch line-up and not seem like a downgrade.

crysis1tqj2x.png

crysis2cyjq3.png

MajorGravy

Neo Member
PC 4k remake! make use of them dual+ gtx 690s/hd7990s lol.

But in all seriousness I'd like to see the collection maxed out on PS4 60+fps like others. :D

Welp, I think this is a really good idea now, and would make me double dip.

Full trilogy release with Crysis 1,2, and 3 set to max settings. Yes please.

thefit

Cryis is boring and anyone buying it/using it is only doing so as a benchmark to show off lets get real. Crysis 2 looks like shit if it weren't for the aldo mods.

Top Bottom