• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek to Announce 'Absolutely Fantastic' New Project [Likely Crysis 3]

The stupidity of teasing the announcement of announcements needs to stop. This is just bullshit. I wish game "journalist" would have more professionalism and tell them to either announce something or fuck off.

What are we supposed to discuss in this thread? What we want it to be?

KKRT00

"Crytek announcing absolutely fantastic top secret project. A 3rd entry to a great FPS series which revolutionized computer graphics. We can't say more on this secret project till April, hang on peeps."

By this quote its for sure Crysis 3.

Only once I'd like to see one of those Michael Bay companies to announce something that's 'You know, kinda medicore, but it'll look great!'.

TriGen

Well, im okay with this... if its targeted for nextgen.

Seriously, why would you launch a game that's all about graphics now? Maybe the next Xbox will be at E3, I don't see Crysis 3 coming out unless the Wii U and next-gen Xbox are out on the market, actually I'm surprised they wouldn't wait till the PS4 as well. This makes me think this might not be about Crysis.

I always get really excited when a company says that a thing they're making is going to be fantastic. I just get really stoked because you know it's going to be awesome.

I don't have a lot of time or money to spend on games so I tend to stay away from companies who say their games will be steaming piles of shit.

Dennis

Banned
It must be true then. I mean, when a developer actually says that the game is 'absolutely fantastic' it must be great!

Dabanton

Do people really want another TimeSplitters game? The series is incredibly mediocre, saved by it's only cool feature that mapmaker. Just give me the Mapmaker from TS2 put it on PSN,Live and Steam and leave that franchise dead.

There is literally not a single thing other than Timesplitters that Crytek could announce that would get me excited. They don't seem to make games that I'm into much these days.

spanks

Also, if you've never watched this:

All your history: Crytek

Didn't know Microsoft came that close to buying them. Would've been a smart move; a state-of--the-art engine and three talented studios. Good to see them thriving independently though, those Europeans are doing good for themselves at the moment.

They did mention that they want to create games with different 'tones', so Timesplitters is a possibility. But I somehow doubt it, probably either a Crysis 3 or a new Crysis-like IP.

Lingitiz

Alright, from what I can find though on it is....nothing, haha.

We pretty much know nothing about it other than the theme and that it is some sort of Kinect hybrid. I think now that Crytek has refocused their studios on the game we can expect to see a blowout at E3. I'm sure MS would like it out by the end of year but who knows.

I hate to say it but I question whether a modern Timesplitters game could ever match the charm of the old games, particularly TS2.

Please be something new..RPG or anything.

Hope not..that boring horrible overrated series need to stay dead.

EdcIn.gif

Top Bottom