• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek to Announce 'Absolutely Fantastic' New Project [Likely Crysis 3]

Dabanton

After fucking up Crysis 2 I expect them to do at least one interesting thing. Only a Vita or PC game could get me hyped, Crysis 3 that plays like 2 would be fucking terrible.

Crysis 2 SP was awesome. Yeah it doesn't offer the island freedom of the first game but it was imo one of the best FPS's released in 2011.

XPE

The chances of it being a crysis 2 add on are little I don’t think it’s profitable to make an add on for a console, though I would Love to be wrong!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
As a note, EA has a short term video director role for marketing Crytek's next game:

crysis3waj3b.png

So... it's almost assuredly Crysis 3.

If it's Timesplitters 4, then great! Or maybe it's that new Wii U project that's rumoured about? Unless both are the same thing...

EDIT^ Oh, fair enough... makes more sense. Are Crytek established enough to develop 2 large scale games at once?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If it's Timesplitters 4, then great! Or maybe it's that new Wii U project that's rumoured about? Unless both are the same thing...

EDIT^ Oh, fair enough... makes more sense. Are Crytek established enough to develop 2 large scale games at once?

They have nine development teams.

The Wii U project on the other hand is a multiplatform version of Homefront 2, which is why they keep talking about Crytek UK in regards to it.

If we look through the announced list of Wii U games, you will notice THQ already has Metro and Darksiders on the system.

Alxjn

If it's TS4, awesome.

If it's a new IP, hopefully awesome.

If it's Crysis 3, only awesome if they make it more like the original and overhaul the AI..

I liked TS 2 and 3, disliked the first for its terribly slippy controls. Co-op and a more interesting campaign (TS games have limp campaigns), please. I hope for a better editor that goes even further than most and can auto generate maps within a list of player-set parameters for complexity, size, features, compatibility for distinct game types. Even better to create a mode where that process operates inside of a session in real-time and generates the world on the fly, like, while you're in the same game on the same map. Wall off access and then build rooms and hallways, then open the doors as they're made available. Could be an awesome way to do a survival/Horde mode that goes on forever while varying the experience and taking away the static advantages of a known map during these types of gameplay, freshening up the game. Shredding the old generated world, room by room, to force players through, could be a fun way keep the fires lit even in later stages of a play session, perhaps. Hope they keeps the goofiness, characters, and 60fps.

Seeing as the job is in Frankfurt, it is assuredly Crysis 3. Timesplitters 4 would be made by the Crytek UK guys, formerly of Free Radical.

guek

Banned
*puts on tinfoil hat*

Nintendo Direct next month + Secret Crytek game next month + going bananas = Time Splitters 4 exclusive for Wii U with 500% more graphixxx

it's going to end up being an iOS game. BELIEVE

Why double post when you can just edit :/

Hmm I dunno what happened, didn't mean to double post.

I'm ready for Crysis 3 or Time Splitters 4.

Crysis 3 just does not strike me as the right time...but then again neither does any Crytek game.

The problem is next gen consoles aren't hitting till late 13, and it just seems to early to show anything aimed at them. High end PC only seems untenable. Aiming at current consoles+PC, inadvisable...

Actually, I could see Timesplitters 4 on current console+PC, but not Crysis 3...

Dabanton

Crysis 3 - yes.

New I.P - Yes

Timesplitters 4 would be a waste of time imo. Where would a game series like that stand in todays FPS world?

DaBuddaDa

I'd be extremely shocked if Crysis 3 ended up being current gen game. I'd speculate it being a Crytek "3.5" game sometime in 2014.

dr_rus

Crysis 3 just does not strike me as the right time...but then again neither does any Crytek game.

The problem is next gen consoles aren't hitting till late 13, and it just seems to early to show anything aimed at them. High end PC only seems untenable. Aiming at current consoles+PC, inadvisable...

Actually, I could see Timesplitters 4 on current console+PC, but not Crysis 3...
They can always aim at current consoles + PC (+ next gen consoles) and use PC as a platform for next gen version right now.

Top Bottom