• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CS:Source Beta is OPEN

nubbe

Physics is fun! It's almost more fun to shoot objects then to shoot players

hl24.jpg

B'z-chan

Banned
I went out to hunt down CSCZ with no luck. Anyone know where you can easily get it and the Code so i can play this NOW? I want now damnit. I cant wait any longer. (goes crazy)

Kon Tiki

Banned
B'z-chan said:
I went out to hunt down CSCZ with no luck. Anyone know where you can easily get it and the Code so i can play this NOW? I want now damnit. I cant wait any longer. (goes crazy)
Buy it from Stream?

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Midas said:
Oooh look! You can use åäö now? How long did that take for them? 5 years? :D

You can also type in Korean and it will show up (I've got the language IME installed for that though, not sure if it makes a difference...)

I dont think hitboxes are quite right yet, been seeing some wierd headshots and ive gotten some myself where i was surprised i headshotted them

epmode

B'z-chan said:
buy a cd-key from ebay. i just got one for $14. worked perfectly. obviously, there's no box, but it's a lot better than $30.

Nos_G

Just bought Condition Zero off of Steam... Source took longer to download than the original... :O

But my god, does it ever look good... and it is true, more fun to shoot the environment than the players. :D

Drexon

Banned
I'm considering selling my code. This game does nothing for me. Realism shooters? Please. All I see is a bunch of nerds that have been playing (and I'm not kidding) 2000+ times more than I have.

IJoel

Note: I updated my initial benchmarks to include the Catalyst 4.8 WHQL Drivers.

PC Specifications:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ / 1GB DDR PC-3200 / ATI 9600XT / Catalyst 4.9 Beta Drivers / Catalyst 4.8 WHQL Drivers

All the benchmarks were done with the following base configuration:

Resolution: 1024x768 resolution
Texture Detail: High
Model Detail: High
Water Detail: Reflect World
Shadow Detail: High

Code:
 AA      AF   Avg FPS(Cat 4.9)  Avg FPS(Cat 4.8)
------------------------------------------------------
6xAA   16xAF       26.41             26.69
6xAA    8xAF       26.42             26.74
6xAA    4xAF       26.94             27.28
6xAA    2xAF       28.16             28.14
6xAA    TriF       29.30             29.52
6xAA     BiF       29.09             29.60

4xAA   16xAF       28.29             28.42
4xAA    8xAF       28.72             29.03
4xAA    4xAF       29.18             29.95
4xAA    2xAF       30.53             30.77
4xAA    TriF       31.62             31.84
4xAA     BiF       31.93             32.34

2xAA   16xAF       29.86             30.51
2xAA    8xAF       30.51             31.16
2xAA    4xAF       31.13             32.00
2xAA    2xAF       32.62             32.87
2xAA    TriF       34.40             34.75
2xAA     BiF       34.30             34.23

0xAA   16xAF       47.69             49.50
0xAA    8xAF       48.67             49.83
0xAA    4xAF       50.58             51.74
0xAA    2xAF       55.08             55.56
0xAA    TriF       59.45             61.12
0xAA     BiF       59.79             60.29

AA = Anti-Aliasing
AF = Anisotropic Filtering
TriF = Trilinear Filtering
BiF = Bilinear Filtering

Drexon said:
I'm considering selling my code. This game does nothing for me. Realism shooters? Please. All I see is a bunch of nerds that have been playing (and I'm not kidding) 2000+ times more than I have.

You can't sell your code if you've already locked it in to your steam account..

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Heh...I don't really see what's the problem. People complaining about a free port? Well not really a port...there's actual upgrades if people actually cared

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Bregor said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAMEN

Haha, I love "noobs" though. They're so vulnerable and easy to kill. And they hold the trigger button down for way too long.

O, and most of them don't even know how to walk silently. :)

Drexon

Banned
Haha, I love "noobs" though. They're so vulnerable and easy to kill. And they hold the trigger button down for way too long.

O, and most of them don't even know how to walk silently.
Shut up! I'm learning! *Runs away crying*

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The game doesn't look as bad as I thought...and it runs REALLLLLLLLLY smooth (though it IS an old map). The widescreen support absolutely rocks!

This gives me a perfect 60 fps...

css.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I like playing on the large servers...hectic and such...but on servers with 35-40 people on, my fps drop to 12-17 in the tunnel no matter what. I've lowered resolution, lowered texture/model/shadow detail, etc., but I'm not seeing any significant changes.

Specs:

Athlon XP 2400+
Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb (running Cat 4.8 official)
512mb ddr266

CS is currently set to 1024x, shadows low, textures medium, models medium. When it was all on high there seemed to be a 1-2 fps difference at most.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
EviLore said:
I like playing on the large servers...hectic and such...but on servers with 35-40 people on, my fps drop to 12-17 in the tunnel no matter what. I've lowered resolution, lowered texture/model/shadow detail, etc., but I'm not seeing any significant changes.

Specs:

Athlon XP 2400+
Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb (running Cat 4.8 official)
512mb ddr266

CS is currently set to 1024x, shadows low, textures medium, models medium. When it was all on high there seemed to be a 1-2 fps difference at most.

Yeah, adding a lot of people really slows the game down (though it still holds 60 fps most of the time in medium sized games)...but I don't think HL2 will have those problems as the areas are controlled...

epmode

i really suck at this game. like, 10 kills to 30 deaths suck. probably has something to do with ignoring counterstrike after beta 3.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
epmode said:
i really suck at this game. like, 10 kills to 30 deaths suck. probably has something to do with ignoring counterstrike after beta 3.

I am an above average cs player, and i had difficulty with cs source at first, but eventually it all panned out and i was rocking again

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Not really a CS fan at all, I played it when it was initially released and haven't touched it since.

This is one hell of a way to add multiplayer to HL2 however. Looking foward to playing it when it gets released.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
I haven't found it lower than $30 ANYWHERE.

No point in buying it used either, as every CD Key is bound to the first Steam ID that used it.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I picked up mine from Amazon for 25. CSCZ. Installed it, and got CS Source and Source Dedicated Servers for my troubles as well.

epmode

ToyMachine228 said:
What and where is the best deal on CS: Condition Zero?
get a cd key from a reputable ebay seller. i got mine for $14, but i've seen them go as low as $12. worked fine.

Stryder

epmode said:
get a cd key from a reputable ebay seller. i got mine for $14, but i've seen them go as low as $12. worked fine.
Yep, this is what I did, but for an ATI voucher, so I got HL2 as well as this beta and the final I guess of CS:S for $20au. :D

epmode

wasn't this answered like 8 times?

get a counterstrike: condition zero cd key. either by buying the game in stores, off steam or just do a search on ebay. once you enter the cd key into steam, you'll be able to download the beta.

I think I might buy a CS: CZ CD Key off Ebay...But if anyone has one they want to give me. Private Message me. It'd be much appreciated.

B'z-chan

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
I think I might buy a CS: CZ CD Key off Ebay...But if anyone has one they want to give me. Private Message me. It'd be much appreciated.

Same here. I'm about to buy it so i can finally play this game. But if you can purchase HL2 on Steam next week then it should come with it. So i cant wait for that. hell i just want to play the game.

I've been playing CS for 4 years, so I want to get into this beta more than anybody. Don't really have the cash though, and I'm afraid that it'll run like shit on my 9200 SE. :(

Hooker

Try the cracked version. The bug-report options works so report a bug-a-day and I reckon VALVe won't act like bitches :)

Top Bottom