• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Cuomo Blames Politics, Disinformation, and Conspiracy Theories for Nursing Home Deaths

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Conspiracy theories, eh?

"Cuomo repeated his defense of a much-criticized March 25 directive from the Health Department for nursing homes to accept coronavirus patients discharged from hospitals.

Cuomo said there’d been “much distortion” regarding the since-rescinded order, which he said was issued by “professionals doing the best they could” and following guidance from the federal government.

Cuomo repeatedly said he took responsibility for “the void” of official information that he claimed led to conspiracy theories and “disinformation” amid the pandemic.

“No excuses. I accept responsibility for that. I’m in charge,” he said.

“We were too focused on doing the job and addressing the crisis of the moment…It created confusion, cynicism and pain for the families of loved ones.”

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
When you take the one action you could that even the layman could see would decimate the elderly population, you have no choice but to believe it was completely intentional.

I'm not entirely certain what the motivation was for the systematic eradication of 10's of thousands of elderly, but New York is a state with a pension problem in its budget.

It's Jeff

Aug 28, 2015
I can't tell what what he's even trying to say. It's like he's cycling through each dialogue option and doesn't know you can't save savescum real life.

"It was Trump politics."

[Everyone disliked that.]

"Distortion and emergency powers."

"Legislators can reverse nursing homes and stuff."

"This shouldn't be politicized."

"The void. Sorry."

"I'm the actual Dracula. You'll vote for me because I have a 'D' by my name."

[Twitter liked that. Nobody resigns or gets their ass fired. Morons retweet and just say, "this."]

OmegaSupreme

basic bitch
Apr 17, 2019
spongebob squarepants bullshit GIF

Reactions: regawdless

Sejan

Sep 28, 2018
Cuomo is far too egotistical to every willingly accept any consequences for his actions. I don’t know if NY allows for recalls, but its their only hope for getting rid of him until a normally scheduled election.

Reactions: HeresJohnny
Feb 3, 2015
He’s not wrong but he should stfu as he is still ultimately responsible for the actual cover up and possible deaths.

When you take the one action you could that even the layman could see would decimate the elderly population, you have no choice but to believe it was completely intentional.

I'm not entirely certain what the motivation was for the systematic eradication of 10's of thousands of elderly, but New York is a state with a pension problem in its budget.

The cover up was that the people from nursing homes that died in a hospital were not counted as ‘nursing home’ deaths from COVID, but they were still counted as COVID deaths. People that are responsible for the elderly were misinformed about their safety. It’s possible some may have died that wouldn’t have if they weren’t put into a nursing home but of course it’s difficult to know how many that would be.

He should definitely resign over it.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
He’s not wrong but he should stfu as he is still ultimately responsible for the actual cover up and possible deaths.

The cover up was that the people from nursing homes that died in a hospital were not counted as ‘nursing home’ deaths from COVID, but they were still counted as COVID deaths. People that are responsible for the elderly were misinformed about their safety. It’s possible some may have died that wouldn’t have if they weren’t put into a nursing home but of course it’s difficult to know how many that would be.

He should definitely resign over it.

How did conspiracy theories make him and his fellow Dem governors fill nursing homes with COVID patients?

Feb 3, 2015
How did conspiracy theories make him and his fellow Dem governors fill nursing homes with COVID patients?
It says that they ‘led to’ conspiracy theories. The thread title is misleading unless I missed something.

And were other dem governors charged with similar cover ups?

My point is that the actual cover up is bad enough and exaggerations just become a distraction.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
There is no conspiracy theory, there’s an actual conspiracy and that’s him and his staff covering up negligent homicide’s for political gain.

While getting psychopath book deals, Emmy awards, and all other junk that they do in their propagation.

Reactions: BarringGaffner

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie - 12Deflections
Mar 1, 2017
I'm ok with stuffing olds back into the nursing homes to keep the hospitals from collapsing, but once you start fudging numbers for political reasons, you need to go to prison straight up

Reactions: BarringGaffner

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I'm ok with stuffing olds back into the nursing homes to keep the hospitals from collapsing, but once you start fudging numbers for political reasons, you need to go to prison straight up
They had a mostly empty hospital ship sitting there where he refused to send them to.

Convenient how most forget about that. News did a good job not talking about it.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie - 12Deflections
Mar 1, 2017
They had a mostly empty hospital ship sitting there where he refused to send them to.

Convenient how most forget about that. News did a good job not talking about it.

Source? So then why did Cuemo do it?

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Source? So then why did Cuemo do it?
I don't know why it wasn't used. They say they wouldn't accept covid patient's on the ship, but I feel like they could've found something to do with those beds.

Then there's Javits Center, with its 2500 beds, that would accept covid. They didn't use them.

2500 beds. They saw about 1000 patients. So most of the beds were never used 1 time when they could've been used multiple times.

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Between the ship and the field hospitals they had more than enough beds but chose to put elderly into nursing homes. One of the things that was known about this virus since day 0 was that it was rough on the elderly. To me that was enough of an offense that Cuomo and Whitmer and Wolfe and the rest of that cabal that did that should have to face the music. Covering it up is what people are focusing on but that should just be the cherry on top.

BouncyFrag

Feb 10, 2014
Much like the media, discussion of this dries up when it’s clear as day the extreme wrongdoings of this wretched governor.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019

NY councilman says they have more than enough votes to impeach Cuomo.
Time for Cuomo to be ushered off the stage unceremoniously. His usefulness has reached its end. Of course we are going to blame it on him hitting on a few woman. Not for the thousands of dead New Yorkers he tried to sweep under the rug.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
It would be incredibly sad if was because he didn't want to give Trump a win. I hope it wasn't the case but I can't help thinking it's a possibility.

I suspect the hospital ship went unused purely due to logistics. I doubt the ambulance services in NYC are trained to deliver to the harbor and I doubt they have all the liability coverage/legal shit to start doing that at the drop of a hat. Probably some profit motive in there too, on behalf of the hospitals or ambulance services.

But as far as Cuomo doing something simply to deny Trump a win isn't that exactly why they fudged the covid numbers they were reporting to the feds?

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
This is exactly why 'conspiracy theory' is used as a dogwhistle and to stifle uncomfortable conversation. The Left use it as a weapon to halt free speach, and the fearful and weak obey!

People with critical thinking skills would looks at this situation and see the issue immediately. A bunch of governors did the exact same insanely stupid thing at the same time against CDC guidelines, got praised as heroes by the media for "doing something while Trump does nothing", early deaths get frontloaded significantly by what should have been easily preventable deaths, then it leaked that they all lied about numbers and/or did coverups, then the media runs silly #MeToo nonsense to distract as evidence builds of broad collusion.

Gee, I wonder what is going on? :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Reality Czar

Feb 16, 2021
Forget Cuomo, let's impeach all the "Cuomosexual" media types who covered for this mass murderer.