• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead is coming... to Tesla cars.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Apparently Elon Musk has gotten Cuphead to play on one of his cars’ in-dash displays. File this one under “didn’t stop to think if they should” for now, but it’s possible.

That’s according to a podcast with IGN’s Ryan McCaffrey, released today (thanks, The Verge). Musk told McCaffrey that the Unity engine works on the Tesla platform — which is the engine driving the ultrahard run-and-gun game from 2017. Musk reconfirmed that Cuphead is “a cool game, it’s insanely difficult.”

McCaffrey followed up with a developer at Studio MDHR, who confirmed that Tesla had reached out to them to port the game. Cuphead on Tesla’s OS requires a USB controller (no touchscreen controls) and only the Inkwell Isle One section is playable, due to storage constraints. But the game will be coming to Tesla owners later this summer.

The storage issue, Musk said, may require users to rotate their game selections by deleting old ones to make room for downloads of newer ones. Tesla owners for now have to find for themselves where the Atari games are hidden, but they can play them with the touchscreen and steering wheel controls. Musk told McCaffrey there was “a beach buggy driving game” that’s also been tested, in Unity, on the car as well.

Pallas

Gold Member
Yeah because this is exactly what drivers need to be distracted by next.

Lowkey pretty cool though.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Cuphead, the memorable 2017 bullet-hell shooter that's meticulously styled after a 1930's cartoon, will soon be playable on an unlikely new platform: Tesla's fleet of electric cars and their built-in dashboard screens.

According to Maja Moldenhauer from Studio MDHR, the developer of Cuphead, the Tesla version is looking good and already running "nice and clean." Studio MDHR and Tesla are targeting a release date of later this summer, and the in-car version will only include the Inkwell Isle One section of the game, due to the storage limitations of Tesla vehicles

scalman

Because why not on such large screen. It would be cool to make run some emulators on it then you just connect bt controller to it and retro gaming in its best. Elon just showing that teslas can be cool and for fun too. For now to have that in my car i need to hang there some tablet or put laptop somewhere . This would be more simplier. They should make some tesla style bt controller to it.
They allready made autopilot chip that is like 4 times more powerfull then nvidia one they using untill now and coolest thing that is like in pc you change parts upgrade in tesla car you can just change that car computer to more powerfull one too. No need change car.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Isn’t the car is on auto-drive? Well, instead of scratching my balls I wanna game. This is the first step so I wonder what’s coming next

mcz117chief

Run with the steering wheel and jump/shoot with gas/brake. The game only works when the car is running.
Reminds me of when we used to play FIFA back in grade school. One was on mouse, one on keyboard and the third on steering wheel. It was madness but very memorable.

Dontero

Banned
Yeah because this is exactly what drivers need to be distracted by next.

Lowkey pretty cool though.

Imho i think it will be focused passangers in the end. 3 low power PC with flat screens for each passangers would be cheap stuff when you take into account whole price of a car.

somerset

But not safe 'auto pilot' algorithms, apparently.

Was watching a vid by a Brit Tesla fan using the latest software on British roads. Him and I were horrified. The youtube comments all noticed the computer 'driver' acted like a drunk or stoned Human. These vehicles are *not* street legal, yet the political clout of Tony Blair's alt-left (the alt-left intends to *ban* all private car ownership, and the 'alternative' will be universal use of semi-autonomous electric 'taxis'- evolved from projects like Tesla) forces these death traps onto our roads.

When one of these cars causes a fatal accident, state security laws ban coverage. If a story leaks, it is *always* the fault of the other driver or pedestrian.

We saw the true face of the moronic dysfunctional South African's 'genius' when his space capsule to transport yanks to the space station exploded into the tiniest pieces during a 'test'. In the entire history of everyone's space programs, nothing like this had ever been witnessed before. And one of America's most populated states was polluted by the most toxic chemical imaginable after the explosion. With *zero* mainstream coverage of this fact.

Musk is but another face of the Deep State- with dribblers told to worship the guy. Yeah, he has some juice- is perhaps a present day Howard Hughes- but is otherwise far more dangerous than remarkable.

But hey, the dribblers are amused cos the PC tablet that sits in every Tesla can play PC games.

Hey, you dribblers, do you think it would be a *good* thing to have cuphead running on the control displays of a jet aircraft even if said display was essentially PC compatible? Or perhaps you might strain your brain and think of a few good reasons why this is a very *bad* thing.

An enclosed software ecosystem must *reject* all non-approved software as a fundamental safety policy. When you show that any OS/hardware compatible software can be easily installed and run, you *prove* all essential security is missing from a mission critical system.

keraj37

Gas = run, brake = jump, wipers = weapons?

Here is one guy playing in his tesla

tenor.gif

Here is one guy playing in his tesla

tenor.gif

Ah, I see, I didn't think about it like that. Probably cause a car crash.

Well, I guess all we got left as an option then is the worst of the worst control scheme options.

Touchscreen.

Worse than a car crash.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
But not safe 'auto pilot' algorithms, apparently.

Was watching a vid by a Brit Tesla fan using the latest software on British roads. Him and I were horrified. The youtube comments all noticed the computer 'driver' acted like a drunk or stoned Human. These vehicles are *not* street legal, yet the political clout of Tony Blair's alt-left (the alt-left intends to *ban* all private car ownership, and the 'alternative' will be universal use of semi-autonomous electric 'taxis'- evolved from projects like Tesla) forces these death traps onto our roads.

When one of these cars causes a fatal accident, state security laws ban coverage. If a story leaks, it is *always* the fault of the other driver or pedestrian.

We saw the true face of the moronic dysfunctional South African's 'genius' when his space capsule to transport yanks to the space station exploded into the tiniest pieces during a 'test'. In the entire history of everyone's space programs, nothing like this had ever been witnessed before. And one of America's most populated states was polluted by the most toxic chemical imaginable after the explosion. With *zero* mainstream coverage of this fact.

Musk is but another face of the Deep State- with dribblers told to worship the guy. Yeah, he has some juice- is perhaps a present day Howard Hughes- but is otherwise far more dangerous than remarkable.

But hey, the dribblers are amused cos the PC tablet that sits in every Tesla can play PC games.

Hey, you dribblers, do you think it would be a *good* thing to have cuphead running on the control displays of a jet aircraft even if said display was essentially PC compatible? Or perhaps you might strain your brain and think of a few good reasons why this is a very *bad* thing.

An enclosed software ecosystem must *reject* all non-approved software as a fundamental safety policy. When you show that any OS/hardware compatible software can be easily installed and run, you *prove* all essential security is missing from a mission critical system.

Is this satire? Alex Jones?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
reminds me of the story from one year ago. a self-driving Uber car hit and killed a 49-year old pedestrian. the car had a safety driver in it, but the driver was watching The Voice on her phone.

might as well throw some damn fine video games in there if we are already killing people over The Voice.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
reminds me of the story from one year ago. a self-driving Uber car hit and killed a 49-year old pedestrian. the car had a safety driver in it, but the driver was watching The Voice on her phone.

might as well throw some damn fine video games in there if we are already killing people over The Voice.

Thing is the games don’t work if the car is in drive. It’s more of a gimmick to play with while using a supercharger.

C4lukin2

Banned
That is neat, but Tesla has some real problems. Problems that even Cuphead cannot solve.

But it is still a super cool thing.

DESTROYA

Fantastic!
Just what we need more distracted drivers, don’t care even if it’s only available on auto-pilot.

Tesla Autopilot is Level 2 (of 5) self-driving. It’s what you get on a limited-access road with virtually no roadside hazards, and in a technical sense, what you get when you combine stop-and-go adaptive cruise control with lane-centering assist. The driver has to keep his or her hands on the wheel because once in a great while (and moreso on curves) the car loses its ability to lane-center, or because another car cuts in front into your lane and then slows down. ACC often can’t react that quickly.

Top Bottom