• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead out September 29th for $19.99 (XB1/Windows 10 and Steam)

Teeth

Didn't she also say the player has unlimited lives and the game automatically continues from where you left off? Can't recall but it sounded very "accessible" with harder options opened up once you finished it the first time though etc.

Think of each boss like a Super Meat Boy level. You get unlimited tries at it, but there are no mid-fight checkpoints. Once you've beaten a boss/level, it stays beaten but you can go back in and try to get better rankings.

It's "accessible" in the modern sense of not being punitive, but most of the feedback we've gotten so far is that it's super super hard, even on easy. We're looking into making Easy easier, but Normal and Expert will likely stay pretty challenging.

Anyone know how big this game will be? I only have 15gb left on my xbox

Right now, it's around 10GB, but it may get a bit bigger by launch. Gotta get those extra frames in.

Velikost

Teeth is there any chance online co-op will get added at some point? I was in at launch until I found out it's local only.

Have you never bought digital before?

Music? Yes. Games? No.

I take my games pretty seriously. I need that box, cartridge, manual, cd, whatever. Having a "file" of a game is not worth owning to me. Just my opinion. I know there are several ppl who don't care about that stuff and prefer the convenience of a digital version. I'm not one of those ppl.

Do you really own anything in life?

tenor.gif

NeoRaider

Music? Yes. Games? No.

I take my games pretty seriously. I need that box, cartridge, manual, cd, whatever. Having a "file" of a game is not worth owning to me. Just my opinion. I know there are several ppl who don't care about that stuff and prefer the convenience of a digital version. I'm not one of those ppl.

Well... you will have to get used to that i am afraid.

Neith

Banned
Music? Yes. Games? No.

I still collect films and music CDs and have large collections of both.

But games? Ehh I gave up because emulation is so much easier and we don't even actually use media anymore. I guess I just don't care if they don't care. I think the cheap looking boxart on too many releases basically set me on the path to full digital. That and I absolutely cannot stand having to switch a bunch of discs around all the time.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'm buying this game for the style alone. Hope it's not a stinker, but I have no problem wasting $20 if it is.

basically this. Not my genre, but game looks and sounds truly splendid. Of course I hope to have some fun with it along the way

You know that there are many digital only games that never got physical release, right??

Yeah sure thing, I would love to be able to play Scott pilgrim and others but we all know why I can't

If anything this resurgence of boutique labels and collectors market allows small runs for the people who want them

It no longer has to be a case of like it or lump it

Its down to the developer to say "jog on" to the fans asking for a physical copy

King Al B

I havent been follow to closely, but i want to get the game. Has there been talk of a Switch release? Otherwise id probably get the Steam version.

Godcannon

Day 0. Easily my most anticipated game as of right now. No pressure teeth ;) ;) jk I know I'm going to love it.

I usually do a media blackout for games I know I'm going to get day 1, but I can't resist the awe inspiring creativity of this brilliant idea for a game.

The art, the music, the CO-OP! My buddy n I are going to tear through this game, and then I'm buying a cuphead T shirt! My destiny with this game has already been written. Lol.

Quonny

Why might I ask? I have ‘No Mans Sky’ spaceship in the back of my head for some reason.

Terrible customer service, PR is a disaster, products are riddled with lack of quality control, delays on almost all their products for months, price gouging like crazy.

They're shit.

Top Bottom