• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead out September 29th for $19.99 (XB1/Windows 10 and Steam)

Ultimadrago

NmvOyJU.jpg

we've come a long ways boys

S O O N

Is the game still supposed to break Alien Soldier's record for most bosses? I know that was the original goal, but...

Just curious. Seems like it may, considering that there's several bosses we've only seen screens of, and I doubt they'd show off everyone pre-launch!

What's everyone's favorite boss revealed so far? I really like the Ghost Train, but I also love Cagney Carnation's nightmare face!

cuphead-flower-2.png

NeoRaider

Just curious. Seems like it may, considering that there's several bosses we've only seen screens of, and I doubt they'd show off everyone pre-launch!

What's everyone's favorite boss revealed so far? I really like the Ghost Train, but I also love Cagney Carnation's nightmare face!

cuphead-flower-2.png

I love crying onion the most.

cuphead-flower-2.png

That's a hard one. Either the Bee of the Carnaval boss.

I do wonder how many bosses we haven't seen yet. And then there are bosses we only caught a glimpse of, like the rat boss in one of the first trailers.

Taramoor

It would be neat if it had a black and white mode.

This seems like an idea too awesome for it not to actually be in there. These guys know their aesthetic and their audience.

Calling it now: highest difficulty level is in black and white. After all, how hard could it be to add an entire second color palette to a game filled with hand drawn animation?

Edit: Black and White and Pink. I forgot about the weird parry mechanic.

Teeth

Yeah, that's pretty outdated. Lots of stuff in that article doesn't exist anymore. For instance, that spider with the top hat has become the giant flying bird and scanlines haven't existed since 2015 (since they never made much sense anyway).

There is a chromatic aberration slider now though! You can turn it all the way off or blast it all the way up for maximum retina searing colour separation.

Mdk7

Yeah, that's pretty outdated. Lots of stuff in that article doesn't exist anymore. For instance, that spider with the top hat has become the giant flying bird and scanlines haven't existed since 2015 (since they never made much sense anyway).

There is a chromatic aberration slider now though! You can turn it all the way off or blast it all the way up for maximum retina searing colour separation.

Are you one of the devs?

TheKeyPit

Banned

Good to know, thanks :)

-------

The game is ready to go on my Xbox One. 2 days left.

I'll get it for £3 in a Steam sale.
camby.png

They’re indie devs who had to remortgage their houses and had to borrow money from friends and family to make the game. If you aren’t gonna get it on launch then that’s your business - but no need to actively disrespect their launch like that.

score01

The game runs at 4K on the X1X, so I'm sure the PC version has full arbitrary resolution support.

I thought it was confirmed that it was not 4K due to when the project started and the hand drawn nature of the graphics. Some clarity on this would be great.

Top Bottom