• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Cupid," Two-Legged Puppy Rescued from Trash, Given Prosthetics, New 'Leash' on Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Now consider that Cupid — the two-legged pup with a heart-shaped nose — was tied up in a bag and left to die in the trash behind a Toronto building.

Fortunately, a passerby heard his cries. Cupid persevered.

Born without front legs, new prosthetics will give the eight-week-old pooch a shot at learning to walk.

"The challenge for him is that he's never walked before," said Janice Olynich, a certified prosthetist and owner of PawsAbility, who fitted the pup with the prosthetics after he was assessed by a vet. Her Toronto-based business provides prosthetic and orthotic service for animals.

"It's not going to be instinctive for him to put these on and to immediately start walking. He needs strength, he needs balance, he needs co-ordination."

1cHkbTG.jpg

Joan Znidarec, co-founder of the Dog Rescuers Inc, said she's smitten with Cupid — as is everyone else. "I think he's Cupid because he's stealing hearts everywhere."

51EM4RO.jpg

Though Cupid had a rough start to life, he is now thriving and playful.

The dog will be up for adoption by the end of February, Znidarec said, adding her organization will continue to support Cupid and whoever adopts him.

"We're looking for a perfect fit for him, someone who obviously understands his needs," she said. "He's going to have a happy little life."

Video in link!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/cupid-2-legged-puppy-prosthetic-1.3974332

edit: wrong forum ;_; mods halp.

joms5

A story like this is never in the wrong forum my friend.

Cutest little guy in the world.

Hope he lives a happy life with a loving and caring family.

There's gonna be a line a mile long at people who want to adopt this dog. He's adorable, and deserves a loving home.

Hell, if I lived in Toronto, I'd throw my hat in the ring.

Also, fuck whoever abandoned him like that. Disgusting.

RS4-

I'd adopt him but he'll find a better home!

Should break the legs of whatever scum that left cupid to die.

Bladenic

Great, just the kind of tragic yet happy ending story I needed at midnight :( :)

Seriously though, the dog is insanely cute and I'm so glad someone rescued him.

abrack08

I've never wanted anything as much as I've wanted to pet that dog. Whoever put him in the trash is a miserable excuse for a human being and can go fuck themselves.

omg he's precious * ___ *

good on the person who heard his cries and rescued him!! way to go, person!!

and great job also on everyone who worked together to give him prosthetics <3

<3 cupid

he looks so soft and gentle and made out of love

* ___ *

Oreoleo

omg ;____;

every part of me melted at the clip of him trying to walk without any prosthetics. bless the people helping him

WHO'S A GOOD BOY!

Wazzy

Banned
I saw this on the news and absolutely died with how cute he is. The person that dumped him is a horrible piece of shit.

I hope Cupid finds a loving home. <3

Gorger

Throwing a helpless puppy alive in the trash to starve and suffer is so depraved and incomprehensible evil it literally makes my blood boil.

Thank goodness for the person that saved the puppy and the vets who takes care of him. Sometime humanity can be so awful and awesome at the same time.

Theecliff

Banned
what sort of fucking monster throws a baby puppy in the trash? scumbag.

also, that video melted my heart. cupid has the sweetest lil face &#128525;

Derwind

Fuck if I had the means and the time to raise a puppy I'd adopt this little guy.

C'mon Toronto you are better than this.

Fucking hell, who puts a 2 legged dog in the garbage?

Not really, my Sis found a litter of kittens at the bottom of a trash bin next to the Tim Hortons she was working at. This was in a upper median income neighbourhood in the West End of Toronto.

Mind you this was over a decade ago when we were both in high school.

Shit heads exist everywhere...

99Luffy

Banned
Damn, at least give him wheels.

Not really, my Sis found a litter of kittens at the bottom of a trash bin next to the Tim Hortons she was working at. This was in a upper median income neighbourhood in the West End of Toronto.

Mind you this was over a decade ago when we were both in high school.

Shit heads exist everywhere...
This happens alot. People get a free cat on kijiji. Dont wanna pay extra money to get it spayed. Then they dont know what to do with the eventual litter.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Puppies in trash are a dime a dozen here.

Also popular, abandoned dogs on highways. Like the owners will go on vacation, drive them there and leave them. Can you imagine the panic and confusion on the dog? Even if the owner is a piece of shit, hell most times those cases they are even more affectionate towards the owner.

Sub human scum, all of them. Cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom