• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
lF6NH.jpg

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 8
Sundays @ 10:00PM EST on HBO
Genre: Comedy
Created by: Larry David

Official Site

Main Cast:

Larry David as Himself
Cheryl Hines as Cheryl David
Jeff Garlin as Jeff Greene
Susie Essman as Susie Greene

Supporting Cast:

J.B. Smoove as Leon
Richard Lewis as Himself
Ted Danson as Himself
Shelley Berman as Nat David
Bob Einstein as Marty Funkhouser

Season 8 Guest Stars (don't read if you want to be surprised!!):

Michael J. Fox, Ricky Gervais, Richard Lewis, Michael McKean, Paul F. Tompkins, Gary Cole, Robert Smigel, Rich Sommer, Rosie O'Donnell, Harry Hamlin, Wanda Sykes, Bill Buckner, Samantha Mathis, Larry Miller, Michael Gross and Ana Gasteyer.

Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynUHYh6Gzqo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95jwdGhfS2g

RNnJc.gif

Angry Fork

I kind of want to rewatch all of them in preparation but it's so much. I barely remember anything from the past episodes though except last season.

Oh yes! Had no idea when the 8th season was about to begin... really looking forward to this now, the previous season was prettay good indeed.

Enco

Recently caught up with all 7 series.

Awesome show. Can't wait for this. Season 2 was my favourite one.

One annoying thing is the fact that Larry is surrounded by complete assholes. Sure, he's not great himself but man do his friends suck. Jeff is the only kinda decent one.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
BlazeDSM said:
I've never ever seen 1 (full) episode of this. I think I may have to.

Blaze, you four-eyed fuck! What the hell is wrong with you?

To answer your question: YES

Enco

Large Professor said:
Should I watch the seasons 4-7 (I've seen and liked S1 and 3, and I ordered S2) before this one?
You don't have to watch them all, no.

I think this is the type of show where you can easily skip seasons.

woodchuck

Enco said:
Recently caught up with all 7 series.

Awesome show. Can't wait for this. Season 2 was my favourite one.

One annoying thing is the fact that Larry is surrounded by complete assholes. Sure, he's not great himself but man do his friends suck. Jeff is the only kinda decent one.

Jeff is probably the biggest asshole friend Larry has, and that's why I enjoy watching those two together on screen. Funkhouser is the only decent friend. But I love every character on the show.

Enco

woodchuck said:
Jeff is probably the biggest asshole friend Larry has, and that's why I enjoy watching those two together on screen. Funkhouser is the only decent friend. But I love every character on the show.
Haha really?

I always felt Funkhouser was the biggest douche.

It's not inside the box...

It's not inside the box...

THERE IT IS!

Oh, they're coming...

Oh, they're coming 'round your way.

WATCH OUT!

THEY'VE GOT A LOT OF KIDS!

Goldrusher

Large Professor said:
Should I watch the seasons 4-7 (I've seen and liked S1 and 3, and I ordered S2) before this one?
Definitely watch S6 and S7, those are awesome.

S6: "Cheryl and Larry shelter a New Orleans family named the Blacks (Vivica A. Fox and J. B. Smoove) in their house, after a hurricane destroys the Blacks' home."

S7: "Larry learns Cheryl appreciated him more when he had a job. He then accepts NBC's offer for a Seinfeld reunion show, in order to give her a part in it and win her back."

Jake.

we're going to put sweet potatoes on the menu, because you can't find sweet potatoes anywhere else - have you noticed that?

Enco

Cheryl: [Larry discusses becoming a restaurant host] I thought you didn't like talking to people.
Larry David: I don't like talking to... to people I KNOW, but strangers, I have no problem with.

From IMDB :lol

woodchuck

sepinwall (some spoilers): http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-a...b-your-enthusiasm-returns-strong-for-season-8

And yet even though I've seen Larry riff on these scenarios before - and "Seinfeld" repeated itself well before "Curb" came along, just as "Curb" has repeated itself a time or 12 - the elegant structure, and the brilliant, unswerving depiction of the TV version of Larry David, still makes the material shockingly, gut-bustingly funny so many years later. And the earlier LA-based episodes were nearly as great in their own way.

Because of Larry's arrangement with HBO, and because every season of "Curb" closes with an episode that could easily work as a series finale, I never know when I come to the end of a season whether this will be the last I ever see of these characters and Larry's brilliant comic voice. "Curb" could have easily gone out on the high note of Larry's triumphant opening night in "The Producers," or Larry dying and then being cast out of Heaven, or Larry becoming part of the Black family, or Larry pulling off the "Seinfeld" reunion and getting Cheryl back. I would have found any or all of those endings satisfying, and felt grateful that we got as much of the series as we did. But Larry keeps coming back with new seasons, and if the wait is a while, it is always worth it.

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" is a gift - a vulgar, misanthropic, hilarious gift. And somehow, it keeps on giving.

can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom