• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was good but I didn't literally lol like I have from the past seasons. Here's hoping that there is a positive slope to this season.

Blader

Solid ep, but I'm kinda disappointed that Larry and Cheryl are separated again.

Funkhouser is still the fucking man.

It was a good episode to begin, but I'm sure now that the "plot" has been set, it'll be the same old Larry for the next episodes.

Chris R

First episode of the show I've ever seen. Loved it. Have to try to jam seasons 1-7 in via HBOGO before my three month trial runs out.

Damn that was funny.

Bread

Banned
The parts with Leon and Funk were easily the funniest, the look Funk was giving Larry at the lunch table was classic, I need to see a gif of that.

Bread said:
The parts with Leon and Funk were easily the funniest, the look Funk was giving Larry at the lunch table was classic, I need to see a gif of that.

I thought the scenes with Paul F Tompkins were the funniest, but that's cause I think he's the funniest. Like, on Earth.

Great episode. Love this show. I'm pretty sure they were doing some ingenious marketing for this show on Friday in NYC. I was on the 8th floor of a building in the Financial District and could hear for around an hour in the late afternoon, a jazz band playing the Curb theme over and over again. They were damn good too, shit was awesome.

Eric WK

rhfb said:
First episode of the show I've ever seen. Loved it. Have to try to jam seasons 1-7 in via HBOGO before my three month trial runs out.

Damn that was funny.

The best thing about the show is how damn consistent it is too. Especially from Season 3 on, it's just ridiculously amazing ep-in and ep-out.

That was a really good episode. A few good lol moments for me. Scenes with Larry and Leon are gold.

"Run that ass into the ground"

Misanthropy said:
It was good but I didn't literally lol like I have from the past seasons. Here's hoping that there is a positive slope to this season.
Oh it gets better.. There's this bit with Larry on an airplane that is hysterical.

BigAT

Great episode, I was cracking up during the entire period scene. It seemed like such an awful, yet somehow typical, situation for Larry to be in. Watching him try to push the tampon into his makeshift armpit vagina got me. The Funk was great throughout as well.

dream

Larry taught a girl how to insert a tampon when she had her first period.

That is just amazing.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
So much win.

So happy Curb is back. Now it makes sense why Larry and Leon end up in NY.

The director of my Hebrew school rode a motorcycle. His name was Michael Weinstein. I'll be damned if he wasn't actually Jewish.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ilúvatar said:
The tampon scene had me on edge the whole time. I sincerely thought he might go in there.

*shudders*

I was waiting for that moment...even for him to just ask or to even reach out at the door knob...

dear lord... :lol

Takuan

Really good episode. For some reason, I found the "I'm practicing my new twitch" thing hilarious. So out of left field, unless I'm missing the reference.

SolKane

Count me in for slightly disappointed with the season opener. Plot felt very predictable, seemed to lack that "roundness" Curb episodes usually have... the callbacks felt forced in this episode. Still, I'm glad the show's back and am looking forward to the rest of the season. The last few episodes of season 7 will be very difficult to top.

Not the best episode but it worked to setup the rest of the season. Susie's reaction to the idea of an amicable divorce was gold.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Start practicing your tics.

tic14ceq.gif

tic2pc63.gif

GavinGT

Banned
....And it's the return of people getting irrationally mad at Larry for stupid things. I mean, come on, a girl has her first period in your house and you're not supposed to try to help her? What should he have done, throw her out?

Also, it looks like Cheryl will be sticking around in some capacity. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I still thought it was a great episode, though. Leon was hysterical and Larry was his same old self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom