• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Currently, Is Gran Turismo 7 better or worse than Gran Turismo Sport in your opinion?

As of NOW, is GT7 better than GTSport?

• Yes

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 27.7%

• Total voters
I've played a lot of Sport, had hours of fun and was even playing competitively for a time, but the game had issues and while I found it much better than GT6 it felt like the game was missing too much of what I expected from a GT game. For a long time it was thought GTSport was GT7 but then GT7 was actually announced so I was excited that there was a new numbered Gran Turismo game coming out, but before I could consider buying the game floods, of complaints came in from fans discussing numerous problems with the game. To add insult to injury the server issues surfaced and people were not happy about how Sony addressed it until finally they decided to give accounts credit after addressing it.

Since then I have continued to hear about problems with GT7 even after the recent updates, making me concerned if it's worth playing as it is now.

For those who have played Gran Turismo 7, is it better or worse than Gran Turismo Sport RIGHT NOW?

It's much, much better, at least as far as single player is concerned. I never play online so can't say about that. They basically perfected the casual racing sim with this. Its accessible yet still feels like a "real racing" game. I use the dual sense and it's the best handling for a controller of any game. The dual sense works especially well with its rumble and hapics helping you to "feel the road". The graphics are beautiful and better than Sport. It's got so many more tracks at launch than Sport, which took two years to get that many. It's got an actual campaign which is fairly well integrated into the game, though I do have one complain which is you have to suffer through a lot of menu's to play the campaign properly. You'll be going back and forth between menu's in the campaign basically. The load times make them go quickly but still its over designed in that way. It's got a nice system of being able to upgrade your car, buy parts, change parts etc. The music is oddly worse than Sport. Sport had a lot of awesome music, gt7 for some reason has less tracks and worse tracks. Weird. The HDR was amazing in Sport but gt7 takes that to the next level- beautiful lighting. The sound is also fantastic in gt7 especially with 3d audio (though it took me some time to tweak the settings to get the best sound).

The biggest annoyance I've had though is the damn "roulette" tickets. You get awarded them on campaign and also for driving a certain amount of miles per day. In gt7 you'd get rewarded with a new car every time you got a ticket, in this game you get the shittiest rewards. In fact I always get the worst reward out of the 5 possible prizes. It's uncanny how often I get the worst one. That, and if you're planning on playing through the campaign, be prepared to not get enough prize money to actually buy many new cars. The campaign simply doesn't award you enough credits, however if you do other activities (completing series of tests for a particular course or doing races outside of campaign) you can probably get enough credits to buy some good cars.

Patrick S.

Banned
he biggest annoyance I've had though is the damn "roulette" tickets. You get awarded them on campaign and also for driving a certain amount of miles per day. In gt7 you'd get rewarded with a new car every time you got a ticket, in this game you get the shittiest rewards. In fact I always get the worst reward out of the 5 possible prizes. It's uncanny how often I get the worst one. That, and if you're planning on playing through the campaign, be prepared to not get enough prize money to actually buy many new cars. The campaign simply doesn't award you enough credits, however if you do other activities (completing series of tests for a particular course or doing races outside of campaign) you can probably get enough credits to buy some good cars.
It gets maddening to EVERY SINGLE TIME see some awesome race car you could win, only to win the smallest amount of money instead. Every time I have a roulette spin, I now look away from the screen so I don't see all the good stuff I lose.

Many players have said GT Sport is still better, more single player events and working online and better wheel FFB. GT7 has more cars and tracks but a crippling credit system. At times there's been exploits to get money to buy cars but these get patched out, it's quite a grind without them.

GT7 is like GT Sport 2 but with all the teething problems of the original GT Sport at launch and lacking the single player events that got updated in Sport. They've only just added saved settings to GT7, it was such a bare bones game at launch like the first Sport. PD have been so slow it's tragic really. A recent patch messed up the FFB and they had to hotfix it, things like this happen all the time. People have been leaving it for AC to race online. If you like just simply driving and collecting at a slow pace then it's a fine game at it's core but by no means is what a full GT should be like GT4/5/6 was or as robust as GT Sport is after all the updates.

Last edited:

Unknown?

Many players have said GT Sport is still better, more single player events and working online and better wheel FFB. GT7 has more cars and tracks but a crippling credit system. At times there's been exploits to get money to buy cars but these get patched out, it's quite a grind without them.

GT7 is like GT Sport 2 but with all the teething problems of the original GT Sport at launch and lacking the single player events that got updated in Sport. They've only just added saved settings to GT7, it was such a bare bones game at launch like the first Sport. PD have been so slow it's tragic really. A recent patch messed up the FFB and they had to hotfix it, things like this happen all the time. People have been leaving it for AC to race online. If you like just simply driving and collecting at a slow pace then it's a fine game at it's core but by no means is what a full GT should be like GT4/5/6 was or as robust as GT Sport is after all the updates.
Dude you get more cars and credits in GT7 than sport. It's actually the easiest GT game to get cars ever.

omegasc

GT7 is already better. Economy has been fixed some time ago, and you can even rent cars for Sports Mode.
People just like to complain when they can't have every car in the game after 8h.
There are some issues with penalties mainly, but every single sim has issues to some extent. Just look at iRacing recent and not-so-recent meltdowns.
PD is still working hard on it.

Last edited:

rolandss

GT7 isn’t without issues but it exceeds Sport. It has heaps more content. I can make a long list of things I think it should have or can do better but overall I really enjoy it and play it a lot. That’s the sign of a good game.

SkylineRKR

GT7 is better as its esentially GT Sport 2. But I somehow enjoyed the online of GTS more, though I haven't played GT7 for a while.

As for single player, GT7 wins but its career is fairly disappointing. Don't expect anything like the first 4 games.

I really liking GT7, it even convinced me to get my first wheel/pedal setup. The hate I've heard is just about the MTXs which I don't care about. I wouldn't buy the cars even if they were $5 like the older titles.

The only complaints I have are the, visually speaking, boring ass tracks and the non-existent penalties in online racing. Especially the penalty thing is infuriating. I dunno how many times I've been pushed off the track or bumped into with no penalty for the perpetrator. None. Drives me up the wall.

I guess it's better but still underwhelming in my opinion. I was really excited for GT7 but to me it just feels like a lot of copy and pasting from past GT games. At some point I hope they try to improve the actual racing.

Markio128

It’s probably the best racing game I’ve played in many a year. I‘ve put in around 150 hours and I still have loads of races/missions/circuit experiences to complete. Add to that the free content they add each month. You can earn tons of credits if you gold the circuit experiences, so getting new and expensive cars has never been an issue for me. I probably own over half of the cars available now, including a bunch of legend cars at a million+ each.

When you’re having fun with a game, it really doesn’t matter how long it takes to collect all of the cars. It just means that there is always something to strive for.

And yes, it is tons better than GT Sport - you couldn’t upgrade your cars in GT Sport for a kick off. There are more cars, more tracks, a much bigger career, licence tests, missions and a similar online element, which is as good as online racing gets once you get stuck in.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
it has the best progression system since GT5 where they streamlined the everloving crap out of it but i'm still wary because the MTX turned me the fuck off
better than GT sport though which was basically a prologue title

sncvsrtoip

Surely better, proper singleplayer, tuning, 4k vs 1800cb, dynamic daytime vs static, dynamic weather on some tracks vs static weather on all, generaly better physics (tough mr cars and highdownforce still to fix), 5 more tracks and 100 more cars with more to come in next updates, also like new time trial aproach with 2m cr prize for golding time

Last edited:

mclaren777

The visual improvements of GT7 were great and I love upgrading my cars, but I actually had far more fun with GTS because of its deeper campaign.

Haven’t played GT7 yet, because I don’t know why I should care about playing single-player GT again.

And I don’t get why anyone is excited to race against AI..

ShakenG

Definitely better, but I'm not as impressed with the visuals as I was with Sport at the time.
On the plus side, the next title wont have to touch resolution and can push visuals since its Native 4K. Unfortunately.. that wont be any time soon because im not expecting a pro console to get much attention from polyphony.

Maybe they'll just push all the sliders up on stuff like shadows, reflections and LOD and call it a day.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

The visual improvements of GT7 were great and I love upgrading my cars, but I actually had far more fun with GTS because of its deeper campaign.

I didnt feel any purpose of this campaing in gt sport and couldnt bother with it. It was like randon races without feel of any progression. Like only golding circuit exp (way too easy in gt sport) and missions. In gtsport you got like new car every day doing drive marathon, car progression was too easy

Skifi28

It's a 2/10 game wrapped around a 8/10 sim. Single player sucks with barely any content and MP is still broken months after release. But I can just pick a car and drive for hours in time trial as I can't get enough of the physics, visuals, dualsense and replays.

Last edited:

Klik

I was PS player for past 5 years, played GT Sport/GT7 a lot,probably like 1000hours in total with Fanatec CSL Elite wheelbase even went to some amateur tournaments.
Now that i bought gaming PC, honestly if you really love racing/simracing get a PC. Assetto Corsa 1 with mods is truly incredible, ACC is amazing and playerbase is like 20x biggerr than on PS. Player are actually much more serious and most of them use wheel instead of controller.

GT is a great started for simracing but simracing on PC is just totally different league.

Outlier

It's better than Sport, but neither game are amazing.

The only reason I continue to play GT7 is to tune cars and then get bored after an hour. It's literally just a time sink for me, now. I'm NOT liking the experience. I had the same experience with GTS.

PD needs some fresh blood in their gameplay department. I'm just so bored trying to create my own fun.

TheShocker

Casual GT fan. GTS was the first I played since GT2. Was primarily a Forza Motorsport fan since the og. GT7 to this date is leagues better that GTS and I’m glad to be back to playing the series.

Top Bottom