• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cursed Mountain (Wii) - Anyone heard of this?

bdouble

Doogdogg said:
better screens

Yeah this game is looking good. Ever since the debut and announcement of who was working on it and that it was a collaboration making the team almost 150 people intrigued me. The visuals are definitely coming along and its right up there with MH3 and The Conduit as the best looking Wii games to come.

I can't wait to see what the 1st party second generation titles look like.

bdouble said:
Yeah this game is looking good. Ever since the debut and announcement of who was working on it and that it was a collaboration making the team almost 150 people intrigued me. The visuals are definitely coming along and its right up there with MH3 and The Conduit as the best looking Wii games to come.

I can't wait to see what the 1st party second generation titles look like.
Im not sure i can handle anything that looks better and is more polished than galaxy. I seriously might piss myself.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
He has individual hairs now. :eek:

I'll still call bullshots because the change from first to latest screens is just too mindblowing.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hmm, I think I might actually be interested! Loving the atmosphere. Snowy, isolated mountains and freakish ghosts/hallucinations? Ok!

keanerie

I got a chance to check this out a few months ago, early build but talking to one of the producers it really seems like they're going for something genuinely distinctive, which I had to give them credit for. Game definitely had promise when I saw it and clearly is showing plenty more now.

I wrote up a preview of it, doubt there's any info in there that you guys haven't discovered already, but if you want my take, there it is.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
that second trailer from the later batch really clicks with me. will keep a close eye on this one.

NimbusD

between this and the NYCC Conduit footage I'm getting excited at the prospect of using my Wii for more than just guitar hero again !!! :)

New screenshots:

75061520090209_183626_5_big.jpg

75061520090209_183625_0_big.jpg

75061520090209_183625_1_big.jpg

75061520090209_183626_2_big.jpg

75061520090209_183626_3_big.jpg

75061520090209_183626_4_big.jpg

75061520090209_183627_6_big.jpg

75061520090209_183627_7_big.jpg

CrisKre

Wow. Im really liking this. Gives me an Eternal Darkness kinda vibe, looking much better of course.

Hope the gameplay is as interesting as the game looks.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This is looking really good. Digging all the texture detail going on in the game. The art team should give an interview.

yoopoo

Banned
Very impressive art and tech.

Some info on their tech:

To deliver on these goals, the Sproing team relies on its proprietary “Athena” game engine, which is rendering the Himalayas on Wii at a quality never seen before. The engine highlights of “Athena” include amongst others, HDR-Rendering, shader simulations developed especially for Wii in order to display ice, heat and water (realistic reflections and refractions), an ultra-fast particle system for amazing snow storms, soft particles for realistic fog and smoke, depth of field, motion blur, dynamic soft shadows, spherical harmonics lighting, as well as a high performance level-of-detail and streaming system in order to provide long viewing distance of the entire surrounding. In order to create an exciting atmosphere when battling the ghosts, the game employs a number of custom-created special effects such as the shader simulations as well as a newly developed post-processing framework. “Our engine technology really takes the Wii hardware to its limits and Wii gamers can really look forward to a heart-stopping, and breath-taking world that comes alive with this title,” said Gerhard Seiler, Technical Director of Sproing.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...an-ultra-realistic-rendering-of-the-himalayas

bdouble

Quantum Vs Athena. Nice work 3rd parties.

So yeah they both have the tech but dang they definitely hit a more convincing style with this game than what HVS did with the Conduit. Looks solid.

pakkit said:
We haven't actually seen the human models on the Conduit, yet.

k. I still think top to bottom this game looks better. Conduit has blinding flare lights and bump mapped up the ass models and calls it good. This is subtle and refined.

pakkit

Banned
bdouble said:
Quantum Vs Athena. Nice work 3rd parties.

So yeah they both have the tech but dang they definitely hit a more convincing style with this game than what HVS did with the Conduit. Looks solid.
We haven't actually seen the human models on the Conduit, yet.

Looks like its time to get a Wii - this game caught my attention when it was first announced and seems to only be getting better. The dev walkthrough is really cool. I like the idea of using mandalas to overcome the ghosts.

There's a few games coming out for the Wii to justify a purchase, IMO. This is one of them!

pakkit

Banned
Looks like the control scheme combines RE4 Wii controls with gestures. It looks very slick and nice, I just hope the story comes through and that the game manages to be scary.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I was actually trying to find info during E3 for this game.

Looks interesting.

The fact that's its an adventure horror game in an truly exotic setting makes it interesting - as does the fact that it has no true combat. Lucky for Deep Silver, the Wii is already making a small audience for horror-types games with the RE games and the new Silent Hill - I just hope the game does good, and they reuse their engine for other products, too. I think the biggest thing for me will be the sound design - if they do it right, I can forgive anything else (like with Eternal Darkness, which had awesome ambience).

MWCShay

splattergnome said:
The fact that's its an adventure horror game in an truly exotic setting makes it interesting - as does the fact that it has no true combat. Lucky for Deep Silver, the Wii is already making a small audience for horror-types games with the RE games and the new Silent Hill - I just hope the game does good, and they reuse their engine for other products, too. I think the biggest thing for me will be the sound design - if they do it right, I can forgive anything else (like with Eternal Darkness, which had awesome ambience).

It actually reminds me of Eternal Darkness somewhat. The weird psychological aspect of the hallucinations and whatnot. The geometry in the mountain city looks amazing too, you can tell they have put some real effort into the game. If it has a great story I'll jump in, the more horror/suspense games the better.

Guys... I went into my local gamestop and picked this up yesterday. On the third level of the game from what I can tell. Very cool so far, but also very slow paced game. Overall solid game so far. I will dig in more tonight when it gets dark!

Top Bottom