• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Awesome... if Modern Sonic was in. The game is built around two Sonics - not one - whether you like it or not.

I don't mind criticism, but you're more or less attacking my decision to leave modern out.

It's not even because I don't like modern, it's just that I wanted a retro feeling cover and I thought modern would have stuck out. I've actually been thinking of making one with both Sonics, if that makes you feel any better...

The UK Uncharted Double pack looks horrendous, does anyone know if there is an alternate cover out there, or would someone be really kind and make one.
Yeah that has to go down as one of the laziest covers ever made. I would love to see what some of the Photoshop whizzes here could do with it :)

I don't mind criticism, but you're more or less attacking my decision to leave modern out.
It's a shame isn't it? He could have made a polite suggestion, and with a little tact and/or manners might have swayed you into making a newer version just based on his feedback. Instead he had to be rude about it, which is a great shame especially in a thread like this where people share their hard work simply out of the goodness of their heart.

Kwixotik

I dont know if im allowed to do requests.

_-Uncharted-1-2-Platinum-Double-Pack-DLC-Voucher-PS3-_.jpg

The UK Uncharted Double pack looks horrendous, does anyone know if there is an alternate cover out there, or would someone be really kind and make one.

That might be the most horribly designed video game cover I have ever seen in my life.

Soule

Sorry nothing to contribute but just wanted to say this is an awesome thread idea and there are many amazing contributions so kudos to everyone involved

Ironmask

Oh my, finally i can post my creation for your judgement, please don't bite :)

Metroid Prime Trilogy
metroid_3d.png

Download

Lost in Shadow
lostinshadow_3d.png

Download

New Super Mario Bros. WII
nsmbwii_3d.png

Download

Next i'll try to do the Super Mario Galaxy covers, in a simple design like the soundtrack album.

RedSwirl

Anyone still willing to help me make 3D previews of my Gamecube covers? The current templates don't seem to work in CS2.

Ironmask

completed the Super Mario Galaxy covers, inspired by the soundtrack covers:
images
1459134-super_mario_galaxy_2_original_sound_track_super.png

i've made this:

Super Mario Galaxy 2

smg2_3d.png

Download

Super Mario Galaxy

smg_3d.png

Download

not quite happy about the latter one, maybe a bluer night? or a differente background color?

Ironmask

Wow man, that's really slick. Although I would suggest either, no text on the front, or a different font. Oh, and yeah, I'd go with the same blue and white as the second cover.

Edit: Fantastic MP trilogy cover, too!

thank you. I'll try to test your ideas when i'll get back at home.

Ironmask

Just redone the two Covers, with no title on the front and both in a white background. I won't change the starry night in SMG1 beccause it's bound to the original concept of the game.

Super Mario Galaxy
wii_minimasmg1_3d.png

Download

Super Mario Galaxy 2
wii_minimasmg2_3d.png

Download

So December came and went, I received one PM and my supposed contest, in hindsight I probably should have done a separate thread for contributions. I'd still like to do this.

So now I was thinking we could have this go to the end of the year, same with the rest of the setup and I'll do a thread in a little bit to have contributions, if I don't get any feedback here I'm going to send PMs to the larger contributors.

How do you guys make sure the size is correct when printing these covers out?
I went to Staples today and the guy told me to put it inside a PDF and make sure it is sized properly within the page first or else it won't come out the right size, but I have no idea how to do that.

EDIT: Wait, reading Theman2k's tutorial now. ;)

iqubal

Banned
Right now I've only made it for 360 but PC (and Mac) would just require a couple quick changes. I'll do one for PS3 (and do 3D covers for all of them) if I get enough requests.

Oh man a ps3 version of this would be awesome! Copy coming in the mail as we speak lol

Ironmask

Okay here's a preview of a new one I just threw out. Tell me what you guys think:

740446aea4992fb57f559309a67ef7336f901dc45e563ffc8c318f75993881905g.jpg

Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition (Xbox 360)

Right now I've only made it for 360 but PC (and Mac) would just require a couple quick changes. I'll do one for PS3 (and do 3D covers for all of them) if I get enough requests.

Wow, it really reminds me of a fantasy book cover, nice work!
You should also do the DA2 cover in the same style and making that all the 3 (including DA3) side covers recreate an image as how the publishers do with the "complete edition" of their series.

also please post the pc version, i'd love to change the ugly cover of my copy. :)

Beats

Just redone the two Covers, with no title on the front and both in a white background. I won't change the starry night in SMG1 beccause it's bound to the original concept of the game.

These are really good :D (along with the other covers). I have/made a "cleaned up" version of the original title, and spine logo if you want for both games. But I'm not sure if that would fit with what you were trying to get.

Check these to see what I mean:
Super Mario Galaxy cover
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Cover

-

Also the minimal gamecube template that I posted got a lot of downloads even though it's not in the OP. I don't think there's been a single cover made for the system yet. haha

Ironmask

These are really good :D (along with the other covers). I have/made a "cleaned up" version of the original title, and spine logo if you want for both games. But I'm not sure if that would fit with what you were trying to get.

Check these to see what I mean:
Super Mario Galaxy cover
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Cover

-

Also the minimal gamecube template that I posted got a lot of downloads even though it's not in the OP. I don't think there's been a single cover made for the system yet. haha

You're covers are what inspired me to start this hobby :)
I was just looking for a clean original title to put on the side cover. I haven't still realized how to make it work with a white BG but that's the best of this hobby.

Beats

You're covers are what inspired me to start this hobby :)
I was just looking for a clean original title to put on the side cover. I haven't still realized how to make it work with a white BG but that's the best of this hobby.

The "insides" of the logos that I made are transparent so I think you could just make the "outlines" have the starry night stuff while the insides are white.
SMG Spine Logo
SMG 2 Spine Logo

The logos aren't hi-res unfortunately. I only found a site where I could get the logos at a high resolution later on so I never bothered to redo them. :x

Very nice. I'll print these when I get a chance. Great job! :)

So December came and went, I received one PM and my supposed contest, in hindsight I probably should have done a separate thread for contributions. I'd still like to do this.

So now I was thinking we could have this go to the end of the year, same with the rest of the setup and I'll do a thread in a little bit to have contributions, if I don't get any feedback here I'm going to send PMs to the larger contributors.

I wanted to enter, but things got really hectic with school. If we can ever get it rolling again I'd love to be a part of it.

Whoa, awesome 'cubes Redswirl!

I've got a request. I'm looking for the alternate cover to Super Mario 3D Land. Could anyone either scan it? It would be much appreciated!

RedSwirl

Man, i'm so jealus of your abilities.

Please try to make a Paper Mario TTYD cover as fast as possible :):):)

Don't expect a shitload of Cube cover arts to come along. I chose those three because they apparently seemed like the only three I COULD do at first glance. When you go that far back in time there just isn't that much high res art available, but there's a lot of the Cube library I haven't looked back upon yet.

I dont know if im allowed to do requests.

_-Uncharted-1-2-Platinum-Double-Pack-DLC-Voucher-PS3-_.jpg

I did do this ultimate trilogy cover on the Uncharted 3 thread :D
unchartedtrilogy.jpg

But isn't the double pack just a cardboard sleeve that goes on top of two regular platinum cases?

RedSwirl

Okay guys Dark Souls and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit are up next. For the PS3 versions you want the PlayStation Network logos on or off? I left the XBL logo on for the Xbox versions of both because both games leverage online interaction as a central component (both in similar ways actually).

iLLmAtlc

Uncharted Dual Pack

The above links to the uncompressed .tiff file. I think you need photoshop to open it. Here's a link to the JPG version (I'm not sure if there's a difference, I can't see any with my eyes):

JPG version

TIF version

Thanks to Rengoku for his awesome 3D Box template. I downloaded the trial of CS5 just so I could use it, no joke!

Oh yeah, and as a bonus here's the song Uncharted song (Marco Polo) I was listening to while putting that together. I think it goes well with the scenery lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e_QvyK6GU

King Boo

i have to say that ALL these covers look great. I am 100% sure if these companies use the covers by you guys, they will see an increase in sales. who the hell actually looks at the back and reads what the game is about anyway? you can judge a great game by it's cover.

Top Bottom