• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

RandomHypnotica

Neo Member
Anyone know if there is a 3D script for the PS4 case yet? I found 3D templates very helpful when making covers for last-gen games.

I don't think one has been made yet, but for now you can just resize the file to fit in the PS3 one (the same res as ps3 covers). It's better than nothing.

Gui_PT

awesome gui!

glad you liked my Halo covers, I dont know of anyone else who used em (feelsgoodman)
I hope they worked out well on your end!

I need to get my entire MGS series customized now, I love the way my Halo shelf looks

Hey they look great so thanks for the good work on all the covers.

Amazing. Here's hoping my PS4 collection looks something like this.

I'm sure it will, these folks are talented

Grief.exe

I bought Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands used and unfortunately they had THIS cover.

xQ5uHVv.png

I'm surprised you didn't get the Steam version of this Raven

...Uplay

Speaking of cases, I didn't like the Valkryia Chronicles default cover since it had the spider-man font on it, so I changed it up.
69Bd7RB.png

You mean the red PS3 logo on the spine? I hate that both Demon Souls and Valkyria Chronicles have that issue in my collection. I'm planning on changing the covers for both.

nillapuddin

Hey they look great so thanks for the good work on all the covers.

Very welcome bud, glad to help out!

This thread is awesome, I self taught myself photoshop when I was 12 because I wanted Ken Griffey Jr on my cover for MVP Baseball 2004 lol, how far we've come

Grief.exe

Looks nice but I can't be the only one thinking you're a weirdo for buying physical on PC :p

The PC ones are all digital actually, I don't own any physical copies of those games.

I just felt that, when I was displaying my games, there was a massive hole in some of my favorites due to digital distribution. Many of these games were actually widely distributed in physical form anyways, acquiring those boxes at this point would be a far more expensive, and ultimately pointless, endeavor at this point.

Grief.exe

Titles not centered on spine sends me bonkers O_O but they do look beautiful. Great work.

My artistic skills are utter garbage, and my patience was wearing thin nearing the end.

You are exactly right, I'm going to have go back through at one point and straighten everything out.

fvng

I hope this thread gets flooded with PS3 covers for games like Drakengard 3 that are adopting the new box art standard. That 'blue' bar on the top should have been reserved for PS4 to differentiate it from PS3 games.

Got some PS2 and PC covers printed out. I'm not finished yet, but decided to print out the first 20 or so.

SvIIMlW.jpg

Wait, no offense but why are you printing out covers for digitally purchased games on Steam?

I hope this thread gets flooded with PS3 covers for games like Drakengard 3 that are adopting the new box art standard. That 'blue' bar on the top should have been reserved for PS4 to differentiate it from PS3 games.

Wait, no offense but why are you printing out covers for digitally purchased games on Steam?

Read 5 posts up.

Grief.exe

I have fun creating these covers and I would like my collection to encompass all of my favorite games.
Getting the physical versions of these PC games would not only be expensive, but also pointless. This is the next best thing.

hurzelein

I have fun creating these covers and I would like my collection to encompass all of my favorite games.
Getting the physical versions of these PC games would not only be expensive, but also pointless. This is the next best thing.

Can totally relate. Always got asked why I would do something like this when I talked to some friends about the cover thing. "This doesn't make any sense! They are digital! And Arcade Games! Why are you doing this?" :D

Grief.exe

Can totally relate. Always got asked why I would do something like this when I talked to some friends about the cover thing. "This doesn't make any sense! They are digital! And Arcade Games! Why are you doing this?" :D

My gf sees it as one of my hobbies, I have fun setting them up on Facebook and throwing them up on the shelf.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Anyone got any good NBA 2K14 and Ground Zeroes covers?

romulus91

you guys are so good .... really appreciate all this work , im no designer but i think a great idea would be to have a child of light cover seeing as it only has a digital release and has beautiful art to play with :)

I'm surprised you didn't get the Steam version of this Raven

...Uplay
I actually already have the Steam version of it, just wanted to get the PS3 version since I got a PS3 again recently and it was one of the games I had played but never finished back when I had my original PS3, I just wanted to make sure I completed it for completions sake.

You mean the red PS3 logo on the spine? I hate that both Demon Souls and Valkyria Chronicles have that issue in my collection. I'm planning on changing the covers for both.

That too, but I meant this

Also since I'm Australian the spine of Valkyria Chronicles is like this which was also ugly
Yuck.
It seems like every exclusive game has that font on it(Killzone, inFamous, Sly HD, Demon's Souls) and I hate it on all of them.

I'm so glad this thread exists since I make sure to print out new covers to fix stuff like that ASAP.

Grief.exe

I have Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls that have the red PS3 symbol for them, so I have to print out new covers.
I actually don't like any of the Demon's covers that are available.

Also need to print out a Last of Us cover as my PS3 came with the game without a box.

GavinUK86

I have Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls that have the red PS3 symbol for them, so I have to print out new covers.
I actually don't like any of the Demon's covers that are available.

Also need to print out a Last of Us cover as my PS3 came with the game without a box.

Did you buy the Limited Edition like I did? A wrap around sleeve?

Brizzo24

My copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited on the Wii U is atrocious. It's from GameStop (surprise), and I would LOVE to make a new cover. But, I can't find a template for the Wii U anywhere on the web, nor have I been able to locate a cover someone else has done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zajora

My copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited on the Wii U is atrocious. It's from GameStop (surprise), and I would LOVE to make a new cover. But, I can't find a template for the Wii U anywhere on the web, nor have I been able to locate a cover someone else has done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From a few pages back:

I've been making a bunch of templates with a consistent style for awhile now. I originally had planned for some kind of logical repository for them, but it might be a good idea to get them all in one place. Some of them are heavily based on other people's templates with only slight modifications.

Just for reference, here are the various templates and their sizes. (All at 300 PPI)

Jigolo

Can you do different variations of this for MK8? Maybe not that minimal? I really like your work. It has consistent text and styles. I'll be using your WWHD one and hopefully your MK8 box art.

Special bonus super awesome mega request - Can you do a Arkham City Armored Edtition box art please?

Pretty Please

EDIT: holy crap I just found your dropbox link. Is there a reason you have 2 of the same ones? like the SM3DW, I'm trying to spot the difference. Perhaps one is your updated version?

Top Bottom