• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Any chance someone could make art for Axiom Verge on PS4? I'd like it to look as close as possible to what a retail package would be, with ESRB and all, if possible :)

patcrazystar64

Neo Member
OSDBEQe.png

Here's one that I made from a while back.

After the B/C announcement from MS I was thinking about re-doing some of my 360 library to match my X1 games.
JZOIyGE.jpg

Not sure wether I'll work on the idea any further, but I know where to get empty X1 cases so I may follow through on it.

Soma

Anyone have a link to the ps4 3d template/converter you guys are using for mock-ups? Trying to find one to work with but no luck so far.

Thanks!

ez3c

Neo Member
so much awesome work in this thread. Im attempting my first custom cover for Dark Souls 2 (XboxOne). Does anyone have a DS2 xboxone cover to share ? Running into some issues (maybe just being picky)

Thanks in advance

JDHarbs

Testing out the PS4 box template I made with some Battlefront test covers. Covers are a work-in-progress, but If no one can find anything wrong with the box template then I'll put up a download link for everyone.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Probably completely off topic but recently got T2 Judgement Day steelbook and it has no inlay art!
Any ideas? I ain't got clue what size would fit inside a steelbook or how to set it up for simple printing.

Do we know what the actual size is for printing PS4, PS3, X360 and XBO boxart in inches? I see a lot of folks saying A4 works (or I can measure it too) but actual size will fix my OCD in a day.

Googling showed no proper answer... :(

Banzai

Do we know what the actual size is for printing PS4, PS3, X360 and XBO boxart in inches? I see a lot of folks saying A4 works (or I can measure it too) but actual size will fix my OCD in a day.

Googling showed no proper answer... :(

wondering this too for ps4. i want to use that mgsv cover but i dont know how.

ez3c

Neo Member
Great work everyone. I tried my hand at making one and my skills are not up to the task, I am in need of a cover for Dark Souls 2 for xbox one. If someone were to be up to the task, it would be greatly appreciated.

Time permitting, I'll be making a minimalist Shinkawa-y cover each week from now until the release of MGSV.

edit: Week 2, MGS2:

Pretty cool. I'm guessing you are using different fonts to try to fit each of the "times" in each game? Or maybe because even though the MGS2 font is very widely used in the series (as you do there, for MGS2) the actual mainline games only shared fonts for 2 & 3, so why not mix it up so they all have their own style, right?

RedSwirl

ENGLISH
PC | PS4 | Xbox One

POLSKI
PC | PS4 | Xbox One

tw3perpc.png

Notes:

When it comes to box arts for RPGs, I'm a fan of the kind that just put some kind of symbol or emblem or crest somehow representing the game world on top of a patterned background. From what I've seen those kinds were common back in the day. A great enduring example is what Bethesda does with all the Elder Scrolls box arts. The Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale box arts are an inspiration too. You could also say this is reminiscent of the art for the original Witcher game. Putting the title in two languages on the box I guess is kind of reminiscent of how Final Fantasy or a ton of other Japanese games do box arts.

Asked in shaggs Metal Gear Solid V Cover Thread but asking here as well:

If I wanted to print my own covers (mainly because I threw the Bloodborne case across the room in anger at Father G and ripped the cover) what's the best type of paper to print on? Bearing in mind I'm in the UK in case its name differs.

If anyone can link me some that'd be great.

Bejan

Neo Member
Could someone make a gta5, ps4 game cover with this picture, using the left side for the back and right side for the front cover?

patrick-brown-gta-v-trio.jpg

galv

Unconfirmed Member
I made this cover for myself since I hate the Mass Effect trilogy box for PS3 (yes, it's beautiful but it doesn't fit in with other boxes...I wouldn't even mind if it was a Silver Box/Red Box for Greatest Hits but it just looks out of place on my shelf).

Plus the original cover for Mass Effect 2 is terrible and I've thought that for a long time. I'm also not a fan of the minimalistic box personally although I do understand the appeal - if I were to go minimalistic, it'd have to be for all my games and it'd be way too much of a hassle.

So anyway, if anyone wanted another option, here you go:

imgurpnrcs.png

PS3 Box Art

What type of paper will most closely match my official Wii U boxes?

My school gives me access to a professional printer (for free, provided I buy my own paper), but the glossy paper I have is waaaay too thick.

Testing out the PS4 box template I made with some Battlefront test covers. Covers are a work-in-progress, but If no one can find anything wrong with the box template then I'll put up a download link for everyone.

Would love a download link for these, will definitely use one for my PS4 copy.

kingwingin

After the B/C announcement from MS I was thinking about re-doing some of my 360 library to match my X1 games.
JZOIyGE.jpg

Not sure wether I'll work on the idea any further, but I know where to get empty X1 cases so I may follow through on it.

Where do you buy replacement X1 cases? Every sight I find has ones without the Xbox logo on them.

-shadow-

So I'm still working on the text on the backside in regards to the font and what it actually says. I made my own logo for the game because I find the official logo an absolute disaster, but the front artwork hasn't been released yet without any logo over it. So I'm hoping that before the games official launch it still gets released so I can finish it up already. Well that and of course that terrible USK logo is something I don't need on my cover...

Anyone got Persona Q boxart with a white spine? It's really fuckin' up my flow being the only 3DS game with a purple spine when all my others are white.

Teknoman

Anyone willing to give Ultimate Shooting Collection for the Wii a shot? The only cover on coverproject...really doesn't convey the feel of the game.

Gnilres

Can someone please attempt to make this? Preferably in higher/correct resolution?

Just the front cover getting changed would be the best I think (the rest of the box art should stay as the actual release version)

ez3c

Neo Member

I would love a link. Covers look great

Doesn't anyone have an uncharted collection ps4 cover?

Top Bottom