• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

diaspora

No Man's Sky (PS4)

no-mans-sky-ps4o9st7.png

27971795990_ed6e2db4a1_o.png

edit:
27637804283_2c41b24aaf_o.png

A bit of a weird request, as it is not a game cover, but I'd like to see if anyone can put up a custom 14mm dvd sized cover of The Adventures of Super Mario 3 Complete Series. I just have the discs, and put them into a 3-disc standard 14mm clear DVD case, and now just need a cover. I currently have no access to a printer or scanner. No photoshopping skills, either. There are other box sets that I'd like to slim down to DVD cases in general, but I figured those would be for a new separate thread.

The cover of Shout Factory's release would be preferred.

Would anyone be interested in making a localized Ace Attorney 6 box art. Just use the jpn cover art with english title ect. Also include title on the spine and some art on the back of the box. I really like having a physical box for all my AA games and they have a nice cover theme. I know someone here did it for me for AAI2 a while back. If anyone could do it well i would buy them some cheap five dollar item or something from amazon or something.

CronusofASoul

Neo Member
Would anyone be interested in making a localized Ace Attorney 6 box art. Just use the jpn cover art with english title ect. Also include title on the spine and some art on the back of the box. I really like having a physical box for all my AA games and they have a nice cover theme. I know someone here did it for me for AAI2 a while back. If anyone could do it well i would buy them some cheap five dollar item or something from amazon or something.

How's this?

Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justce

f1i1gp7cs5wg7x46g.jpg

Renpatsu

do you need a good printer for this stuff?
These days most consumer grade printers with the right settings should be capable of printing out relatively nice looking prints. In my opinion it is the paper that you decide to print on that will make the most difference with regards to a print's colour and sharpness.

These days most consumer grade printers with the right settings should be capable of printing out relatively nice looking prints. In my opinion it is the paper that you decide to print on that will make the most difference with regards to a print's colour and sharpness.

ah cool, thanks.

guess semi glossy paper would do?

Haven't checked this thread in a while.

Which type of paper is used for official PS4 and Wii U covers? I would like to print the custom covers on the same paper.

Damn, I'm the last poster? This thread used to be so active. :(

I am humbly requesting a FFXV minimalist cover, using this:

qgya8.jpg

I don't know if there's a version without the text at the bottom.

butman

I made this alternative and minimalist covers to replace the horrid Day One cover. Is ready to print. I chose the japanese logo instead of the american. Kanjis look way more classy.

The minimal one is at 200 pixel/inch cause the art of Noctis and Luna is not big enough, but it can be printed without problem, the quality remains. If someone could get a bigger version i could make one at higher quality.

Nr5HHaP.png

COVER: https://www.mediafire.com/?ud0qvqzytmk93hk

Fr9Rg5Y.png

I made this alternative and minimalist covers to replace the horrid Day One cover. Is ready to print. I chose the japanese logo instead of the american. Kanjis look way more classy.

The minimal one is at 200 pixel/inch cause the art of Noctis and Luna is not big enough, but it can be printed without problem, the quality remains. If someone could get a bigger version i could make one at higher quality.

Nr5HHaP.png

Fr9Rg5Y.png

I LOVE the second one.

Wow! This is a really cool thread. I didn't know this type of thing existed. It looks like the OP hasn't been updated for current gen. Is there a repository somewhere for current gen?

I just picked up a PS4 and have bought about five games so far and would love to replace all the cover arts, as pretty much all of these look way better.

E: and most importantly, thank you for all of you that dedicate your free time to making these. Very, very cool 🙂

Unknown?

Thank you my good man! :) Planetside 2 is one PS4 game I wish had a physical release but an epic box shall do just fine! :)

Wow! This is a really cool thread. I didn't know this type of thing existed. It looks like the OP hasn't been updated for current gen. Is there a repository somewhere for current gen?

I just picked up a PS4 and have bought about five games so far and would love to replace all the cover arts, as pretty much all of these look way better.

E: and most importantly, thank you for all of you that dedicate your free time to making these. Very, very cool 🙂

Yes! Last time I did this was for Heavenly Sword to update it to the new PS3 branding. Couldn't stand it using the old when 98% of my games didn't.

butman

Thank you my good man! :) Planetside 2 is one PS4 game I wish had a physical release but an epic box shall do just fine! :)

Yes! Last time I did this was for Heavenly Sword to update it to the new PS3 branding. Couldn't stand it using the old when 98% of my games didn't.

Any advice in what kind of paper is better to print the covers?

I searched around and can't seem to find any.

I'm looking for a Metal Gear Phantom Pain/Ground Zeros mash up custom cover. I have a two disc ps4 blu ray case and I think it would look cool to have both of the MGSV titles in one box. Anyone up for making one? The only thing I'm picky about is I want the official PS4 banners on it so it matches all my other games. So, if someone could make one that would be rad.

I know it's been a loooong time but I'm still looking for something like this!

Any advice in what kind of paper is better to print the covers?

Yea, I'd like to know this as well.
Would love to print some of these off, but I certainly dont want to waste the ink on incorrect paper.
UK Gaffer here, so any link or idea what paper is sold over here that would work would be much appreciated.

nillapuddin

Finally got around to doing this

Soooo, I decided since my entertainment center is white, I thought I'd try inversing my scheme and going predominately white

also inspired by my mgs essential collection cases which sit to the right of my halo games

metal-gear-solid-D_NQ_NP_3543-MLM4432679978_062013-F.jpg

So.. here it goes

QXSWqxO.png

(*I moved the ODST case up a cm right after I saw the pic, oops.)

Im convinced now, Im gunna have to just do this to my entire collection. I really like the look.

Whatcha say gaf?

nillapuddin

That looks slick nillapuddin. Great job!

Thanks man, I am super happy with it.

At this point my shelf is nowhere representative of the games I actually own (I've been all digital since beginning of this gen) but I like displaying my favorite franchises'

..and it fills my cabinet perfectly.

I have the Dead Space trilogy, all MGS, and a few rando games I received as gifts currently in there. I might just make whatever the hell I want (Metroid, Gears, etc) or something just for aesthetics and my own pleasure.

keakster

Trying my hand at making a custom cover for my Club Nintendo 3DS game case as Nintendo never released any official Pokemon inserts.

This is what I have done so far just using Google draw. It is just a basic layout, going to try to add shadows next.

Front

Interior

Looking to find a Pokemon themed background to put behind the images.

Any feedback and tips are appreciated!

Artwork was taken from Google image search, mostly DeviantArt stuff

Kiro

Would love to get into this, doesn't seem to have some of the newer gen templates. Anyone want to hook me up?

I'm gonna make my entire collection look similar and sleek.

Newk86

Don't know if this is blasphemous or not, but looking to save space and condense Gamecube versions of Pikmin 1 & 2 into a single case. Have all my Gamecube games in a single drawer and need to make some extra space for hopefully one final game to complete the collection (drawer will be full).

If anybody is interested and willing to help me out with something that would read Pikmin 1 & 2 on the spine. Or otherwise point me towards something minimalist enough that could do the job already, ie. just plain 'Pikmin'. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything suitable from the op's links since not too many Gamecube options available it looks.

Keep up the good work!

cj_iwakura

Nr5HHaP.png

Fr9Rg5Y.png

Very nice, will print.

Top Bottom