• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

JWong

Banned
ce7c1f9557662acea8c06396b9613edf8e7744651d538eb87c48ff782693cc714g.jpg

This would definitely hit some violation with that PS logo blending in with the gun!

BrodiemanTTR said:
First attempt at this, but needed it for my own collection (no Darksiders love on GAF?) and figured I'd put it up here as well. It's "ultra-clean" (small PSN logo, title on spine only).

Man...if you could make this for the 360...I'd kiss you right on the mouth.

Hmmm...or...maybe it would be more effective to tell you I WON'T kiss you right on the mouth if you make a 360 version.

Gorgeous work.

bigdaddygamebot said:

Hmmm...or...maybe it would be more effective to tell you I WON'T kiss you right on the mouth if you make a 360 version.

Gorgeous work.

Shouldn't be too hard since the artwork is already there. People should make sure they include both versions for GAF.

I'd do it myself but...I'm a complete idiot when it comes to doing stuff like this. I've been on a complete tear with my colour printer this weekend. :D

My wife doesn't get it.

Which tells me printing these alt covers are definitely the way to go. :)

Can't wait until we get a high res enough version of the Silent Hill HD collection; it's begging to be done without the game covers on the front.

brandonh83 said:
Can't wait until we get a high res enough version of the Silent Hill HD collection; it's begging to be done without the game covers on the front.

Someone did Silent Hill 2 covers... maybe they didn't care about SH3? :)

Oh yeah that pinkish Kirby's Epic Yarn boxart is much better.

@brandonh83 - Agreed, the Silent Hill collection boxart looks really nice actually but the boxarts in the corner kind of kill it.

Borman

Forkball said:
Thread = Stretch out concept art

Not always. Most of mine aren't stretched anyway. Digging up old press kits is hard work :p PSDs of logos aren't always the easiest to find either.

bigdaddygamebot said:

Gorgeous work.
Here ya go:

I'm glad you asked, since fitting it to the 360 template made me see some changes worth making to the PS3 version before I print it out.

Forkball said:
While what I did isn't anything extraordinary, there are some people in these threads doing nice work, and it's pretty rude to just shit all over it.

Forkball said:

Yeah, I mean for the couple I've done I don't feel like I'm doing anything amazing as it's really not my work I'm just putting it on a box. But they look nice and much better than the boxarts we have. :)

BrodiemanTTR said:
Here ya go:

I'm glad you asked, since fitting it to the 360 template made me see some changes worth making to the PS3 version before I print it out.

While what I did isn't anything extraordinary, there are some people in these threads doing nice work, and it's pretty rude to just shit all over it.

AWESOME!

Thank you SO much.

I hate sports games but I would consider buying that one just for that cover. I do like sports and I used to collect baseball cards, just not a big fan of sports videogames. Fantastic cover, inspired.

Beats

Aomori said:
Where do you guys find the hi-res art to design with?

I use Google image search. I usually just put in "game name" + concept art, and set it to only show large images. Sometimes you have to dig a bit though. I also look at the CoverGalaxy forums for the spine logo if they have it.

edit: The "Larger than..." option also works, and is probably better sometimes.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Is there a place i can download the boxarts that is not mediafire? Everytime I download from there the artwork gets cut off. It is soo frustrating.

Canova

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:
First attempt at this, but needed it for my own collection (no Darksiders love on GAF?) and figured I'd put it up here as well. It's "ultra-clean" (small PSN logo, title on spine only).

Darksiders

The file size is huuuuuuggee, can you upload it as JPEG or PNG/

Beats said:
I use Google image search. I usually just put in "game name" + concept art, and set it to only show large images. Sometimes you have to dig a bit though. I also look at the CoverGalaxy forums for the spine logo if they have it.

edit: The "Larger than..." option also works, and is probably better sometimes.
Thank you!

Also, I wanted to ask you if you could please upload a PS3 .PSD version of your blue Wii covers like this one.

Beats

Aomori said:
Thank you!

Also, I wanted to ask you if you could please upload a PS3 .PSD version of your blue Wii covers like this one.

You mean like a PS3 template without anything on it except the spine logo? You can use the PS3 combo template in the OP. Just take out all the layers except the spine, and any one of the background layers.

RyanardoDaVinci said:
This one still has the bars. Could you re-up the clean one?

Beats said:
You mean like a PS3 template without anything on it except the spine logo? You can use the PS3 combo template in the OP. Just take out all the layers except the spine, and any one of the background layers.
Yeah, but with that blue color in the background. I suppose I could change the color of the blue layer in the .PSD, though...

How do you get the white icons to look like that on your covers?

Aaaand here are some PS3 requests in case anyone gets bored. (Minimal style, please)

- CoD 4: Modern Warfare
- CoD: World at War
- CoD: Modern Warfare 2
- Dead Rising 2
- The two GTA IVs
- Resident Evil 5
- Tekken 6

Aomori said:
This one still has the bars. Could you re-up the clean one?

Yeah, but with that blue color in the background. I suppose I could change the color of the blue layer in the .PSD, though...

Aaaand here are some requests in case anyone gets bored. (Minimal style, please)

- CoD 4: Modern Warfare
- CoD: World at War
- CoD: Modern Warfare 2
- Dead Rising 2
- The two GTA IVs
- Resident Evil 5
- Tekken 6

I did two minimal GTA4 but only did PS3; I could be persuaded to go back and port them to 360 cases if you liked either of them... unless you're looking for the Stories from Liberty City... I didn't do those. Check the 2nd post.

corrosivefrost said:
I did two minimal GTA4 but only did PS3; I could be persuaded to go back and port them to 360 cases if you liked either of them... unless you're looking for the Stories from Liberty City... I didn't do those. Check the 2nd post.
Whoops, forgot to add PS3 in my post.

I've seen those, and I don't want to use 'em without having a EFLC one too, ya know?

Aomori said:
Whoops, forgot to add PS3 in my post.

I've seen those, and I don't want to use 'em without having a EFLC one too, ya know?

I see -- you want a matching set or something?
That's cool... I'll add it to the list of things to work on someday if someone doesn't beat me to it. :)

gillty

Banned
demosthenes said:
Thank you!

The Master-List on Post #2 is more up to date than Post #2 itself. Make sure to check there as well!
Hey could you amend my SSF4 cover link, the one in the database is the WIP version.
I posted the final one here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30482333&postcount=98

Great job with the OP!

Monkeylord said:

Beats

Aomori said:

You mean the logos? Just lock the transparent pixels (should be the first thing to click next to the "Lock:" part in the layers window), and paint over it in white. Sometimes you have to erase some stuff depending on the logo so that it doesn't look like a white blob.

Borman

Working on something fun:
galaxyproto.png

Obviously, lots to change and finish. Wish I could find some nice 8-bit Galaxy stuff, maybe Ill just make it myself later. Need food though, so this is as far as it goes for now. (Used the 360 3d template, so its a bit off)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Wow awesome idea ^! IMO keep the retro look but get rectangular shot boxes instead of tube tv ones. It'll be modern but retro at the same time! GOGOGO U SOB! Also look for some abstract space backgrounds and paste them on the background area :p

Forkball said:

Not having unseen source material sucks son.

Unless you are a master graphic artist or some shit you won't be able to produce original unseen work.

There's so much one can do.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I just went over page 1, 2, 3

In-fucking-credible

Jesus fucking Christ man.

PEOPLE NEED TO SEE ALL OF THIS SHIT MAN.

This is BEAUTIFUL work.

ShyGuy

Borman said:
Working on something fun:
galaxyproto.png

Obviously, lots to change and finish. Wish I could find some nice 8-bit Galaxy stuff, maybe Ill just make it myself later. Need food though, so this is as far as it goes for now. (Used the 360 3d template, so its a bit off)
WOW THAT IS AMAZING!

I really like these ones! Can you do SMG2 as well?

Wow, they're all amazing, would love to print them out for my games. Only problem is I would have to do it for ALL of them. I need homogeneity.

Persona7

Banned
Are their any Persona 4 covers floating around? PS2 games in general really...I would love a socom3 and combined assault cover.

Borman

Ill be working on a few other titles, currently nailing down some details on this first one, then it should be quicker. Need to look at some more boxes for little stuff.

Top Bottom