• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Soma

Tried my hand at a preemptive minimalistic BF3 cover art.

added the grainy film and color effects so it wouldn't just be a paste of a concept art and more so to give it a really grungy, urban feel to it.

overcast

Maybe you guys can attempt Dead Island, it's relevant. Although I like the default cover for the game, I get the feeling you people can get creative with it.

IrishNinja

Borman said:
RETRO ACTION Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption, in the style of the original Metroid box.
metroidprime3grey3d.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Borman/metroidprime3grey.png

tight work! i love these things, man. please please please do a metroid trilogy one when you can!

Borman

IrishNinja said:
tight work! i love these things, man. please please please do a metroid trilogy one when you can!

Ill see what I can do. It probably won't be a whole lot different though, there isn't exactly a ton of exclusive "Trilogy" stuff heh.

sephi22

Quick said:
Aaaaahhhh
ALL OVER MY FACE.
Need link now.

Can anyone make a SFIV boxart? I'm not looking for anything too flashy, just a minimalist design with the new PS3 logos. Thanks.

This is the best SFIV boxart I've seen, but the artist hasn't made it printable.
36964_street_fighter_iv-v2-orig.png

Gui_PT

You guys are amazing artists. Awesome work.

I have a question though. My Halo: CE came with the Xbox I bought a long time ago, so it didn't even come with its own box.

Did anyone make a Halo: CE cover that I might've missed in this thread?

Girsej

Some more covers... I must say that whoever designed the Folklore inlay is an idiot. It would work really well as a clean cover but they put the logo on the back. That's why the custom cover has a logo on the back as well -_-

EDIT: Re-upload Valkyria Chronicles, I accidently uploaded the one with the PSN-logos.

girsej, I tried JC2 the other day quick, but the one piece of large concept art I liked enough to use (rico jumping out of an exploding helicopter) didn't work unless I wanted to try using it as a front or back + spine -- I thought about mixing this with the white scorpion made of weapons and ammo, but didn't get that far. What I really wanted was a high res PC shot of the world from the top of that floating blimp place. I just couldn't find one. Maybe I can get my friend to hook me up with one.

quick -- that MvC3 cover is the hotness -- my favorite yet. I would have used that had I not traded my worthless copy in to GS... as I mentioned in the other thread, I kept my SE in an empty PS3 case (should have switched out the GH case on my bioshock before I traded too... ugh)... dude thought it was an import. :)

Speaking of, any place to get a couple empty PS3 clear cases for cheap? I probably only need 1 since I want to get rid of this GH case. :|

SykoTech

Exceelent work with that MvC3 one, Quick. I'd definitely print that one if it wasn't for the fact that I'll be selling the original off once I get Ultimate. I really hope they don't screw that one up as well. But if they do I'm sure you guys will have me covered. ;)

SykoTech said:
Exceelent work with that MvC3 one, Quick. I'd definitely print that one if it wasn't for the fact that I'll be selling the original off once I get Ultimate. I really hope they don't screw that one up as well. But if they do I'm sure you guys will have me covered. ;)
UMvC3 boxart is actually up to a user vote, but honestly, both options look like shit.

Girsej

This will be my last post for a while, I now have custom covers for all the games I own ;D
I want to note that edited my ast post because I re-uploaded the cover for Valkyria Chronicles, forgot to remove the PSN-logos on the old one.

_dementia said:
UMvC3 boxart is actually up to a user vote, but honestly, both options look like shit.

I plan on making one (if I have to) of the image that was used in UMvC3 announce thread on GAF if I have to. :) Shinkiro art > other options. :D

Girsej said:
Some more covers... I must say that whoever designed the Folklore inlay is an idiot. It would work really well as a clean cover but they put the logo on the back. That's why the custom cover has a logo on the back as well -_-

The other thing about Folklore is that it should be flipped in my opinion with the back on the front and vice versa. Those characters really don't exemplify Folklore for me.

Girsej

fadetoblack said:
The other thing about Folklore is that it should be flipped in my opinion with the back on the front and vice versa. Those characters really don't exemplify Folklore for me.

Yeah, but since they decided to stick a logo on it you can't really flip it unless you're a wizard and can remove the logo and redraw the background.

Almost done with the cover purge of '11.

Done and inserted already:
PS3:
RDR (Switched the GH red case here... surprisingly it works well.)
MK9
GTA4 (x2)
Demon's Souls (x2)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
DMC4
God of War 3
God of War Collection
Soul Calibur 4
MGS4
Bioshock

360:
Halo Reach (x)

Left to cut:
PS3
Vanquish (x2)
NGS2
Bioshock 2
Dead Space 2
BBCS2

This is getting tiresome. :)
Bi

Quick

Banned
I was messing around on a variant cover (hint) for my MvC3 cover, and I just realized that the front cover is actually a bit pixelated. I don't know how noticeable it is if you guys decide to print it. :(

Is there a higher resolution version of the artwork?

(._.)

Banned

Not really minimalistic but here is something I made a long time ago with a clean look that has a printable. I don't think it's dpi and ratio are quite precise though. click image for flat

Ok, just for my own sanity:

Games I still need covers for (one reason or another):
Batman AA [maybe]
Bulletstorm
Lair(?)
Just Cause 2 [maybe]
SSF4
Tekken 6
Singstar (ahahaha, forgot I picked this up for $10 for my gf)
Saints Row 2 (shudder, dammit Jim, hurry up and play this with me so I can dump it before I bother with a cover...)
RE5 Gold

God of War: Origins
[I'm picking up Arkham City, ICO/SotC, and Dark Souls but think I've got those picked out]

Also:
Looking at Canova's request for a Dark Souls cover with the dragon image.

RedSwirl

Lack of artwork really killed me on this one.

A Sin & Punishment Star Successor cover is in progress but I can't find a logo for it, especially for the spine.

Quick

Banned
I was wondering if anyone would want to start up another official hi-res artwork thread? The one we have here is a bit outdated, and I'd love to have some new art to work with for another cover.

Fëanor

Girsej said:
So I've made some more covers, sadly I couldn't really find any HQ art for them. I did them so my collection is coherent, can't really have some awesome covers and then some standard stuff, right? ;D
I hope someone will appreciate it anyway.

360 version of this please?

Borman

Ill take a look at the Other M sometime. Gets hard to write the back when Ive never played these games hah (only played the first Prime).

kunonabi

Borman said:
Ill take a look at the Other M sometime. Gets hard to write the back when Ive never played these games hah (only played the first Prime).

Awesome, thanks. The fact that you're doing these awesome covers you haven't played is even more impressive.

drkOne

moonspeak said:
Tried my hand at a preemptive minimalistic BF3 cover art.

added the grainy film and color effects so it wouldn't just be a paste of a concept art and more so to give it a really grungy, urban feel to it.
Can I ask you for a PC-sized cover with no PC logos?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Girsej,

Thanks for doing Folklore and I really like your Valkyria Chronicles cover as well :)

I think it's just Afrika and Aquanaut's Holiday and Ratchet and Clank FTOD that I don't have covers for now on PS3. :)

SykoTech

_dementia said:

Really? Must have missed that. Anyone have a link to the options? If not, guess I'll dig through the megathread...

Wonko_C

Stumpokapow said:
Girsej,

Thanks for doing Folklore and I really like your Valkyria Chronicles cover as well :)

I think it's just Afrika and Aquanaut's Holiday and Ratchet and Clank FTOD that I don't have covers for now on PS3. :)

I second this!
I know I posted it before (but maybe it was missed), hopefully we get some Ridge Racer 7 love, Dead End Thrills has a couple of awesome looking ones here and here.

For ratchet the best I could find were here (The very first image) and here.

cj_iwakura

Definitely gotta print those Resonance of Fate and Dark Souls ones.

Where did you get the art for the Demon's Souls cover with the knight?

Top Bottom