• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Borman said:
demosthenes said:
Could you link me to the posts w/ your final versions of your retro covers? I see a couple posts here and there and want to make sure I'm using your finished copies.

Thanks

Here you go:
Super Mario Galaxy : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Borman/mariogalaxy.png
Zelda Skyward Sword : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Borman/skyward.jpg
Zelda Skyward Sword Alternate : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Borman/skyward3.png
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Borman/metroidprime3grey.png
Metroid Prime Trilogy : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Borman/metroidtrilogy1.png

Posting here so I can link to it in the index.

Interfectum

iE2OR.png

Hitman Blood Money Cover Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ktvg67myi6j6sfb

Trying to clean up the HD graphic as much as possible. Anyone who prints, let me know how it looks. I'll try and print one up this weekend. :)

Mithos

*GRUMBLE*GRUMBLE*

Why can't I paste a transparent image into Photoshop without it getting a white or black background, every other photo-editing program I tested can take it.
Don't wanna have to save every layer as transparent PNG and open in PS, just copy paste for speedy conversion to PSD format.

Edit:
Nevermind, found an easier way to convert the PSP-X3 images to PSD =)

RedSwirl

Acrylic7 said:
we need some custom ps2 covers.

Again, I'm actually afraid of what would happen.

Thing is, right now I'm trying to cover my entire current gen console library (excluding Wii). Right now that's not too many games. Even trying to do all my DS games is pushing it. PS2? Fuggedaboutit.

I am UPDATED to page 10. :D

A few notes:
I didn't add the pre gen covers yet. I'll go through that another time and probably just have a heading of classics (for anything that really isn't currently selling: PS2, Gamecube, etc).

I was thinking of doing a contest for custom covers with the reward like $25-50 to Amazon provided by me.

Games would be agreed upon before but it would be games coming out between a certain time frame. The contest would end in a few months to give time for artwork and such to come out. Creators could put up w/ they felt were their 2 best creations. So you over the course of the next 3 months you could make 8 new covers but at the end you owuld tell me which 2 you want submitted.

Voting would be done in a separate thread that I would create.

Can I get some feedback on this from the custom cover creators? I figure it would end in early December. Voting would be open for a week or so, would finalize time before opening obvoiusly.

What I need:
-Games. Dark Souls, Skyrim, MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, etc. What are the other big releases from Oct - Dec or should I just let any game be entered?

-Time Frame: Was thinking games released between Mid September / October and November 31.

-Submissions: 2 per creator?

-Voting: Point system or one gaf poster gets one vote?

Awesome idea! I'm down for it.

demosthenes said:
Can I get some feedback on this from the custom cover creators? I figure it would end in early December.

What I need:
-Games. Dark Souls, Skyrim, MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, etc. What are the other big releases from Oct - Dec or should I just let any game be entered? Not sure on this one. I would say any game, but I'm not sure if that would take it off a level playing field. We could use a few more titles at least.

-Time Frame: Was thinking games released between Mid September / October and November 31. Sounds good.

-Submissions: 2 per creator? Yes.

-Voting: Point system or one gaf poster gets one vote?One vote per user.

Beats

demosthenes said:

The list is getting pretty big now haha. Good work everyone.

Do you think you can add my Dark Souls cover to the 360 section as well? It's the same as the PS3 version I submitted. (link)
Also the Super Smash Bros cover in the Wii section wasn't made by me, but my name is next to it. :x

Pranay

Interfectum said:
[/IMG/]http://i.imgur.com/iE2OR.png[/IMG/]
Hitman Blood Money Cover Download: [url/]http://www.mediafire.com/?ktvg67myi6j6sfb[/url/]

Trying to clean up the HD graphic as much as possible. Anyone who prints, let me know how it looks. I'll try and print one up this weekend. :)

GREAT !

drkOne

demosthenes said:
Can I get some feedback on this from the custom cover creators? I figure it would end in early December. Voting would be open for a week or so, would finalize time before opening obvoiusly.

What I need:
-Games. Dark Souls, Skyrim, MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, etc. What are the other big releases from Oct - Dec or should I just let any game be entered?I'd say games from the last six months of the year (July-December). Oct-Dec is kind of full of guns and swords, the last few months offer a better variety.
Limiting the options means everyone will have to do their best, as there will probably end up being multiple covers for each game.

-Time Frame: Was thinking games released between Mid September / October and November 31.Above.

-Submissions: 2 per creator? Sounds perfect.

-Voting: Point system or one gaf poster gets one vote?I'd say 3 votes, point system. Just so it doesn't end up being monopolized by the best cover/two best covers... Offers a better perspective of what people liked, which could be useful for the artists.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Girsej said:
So I've made some more covers, sadly I couldn't really find any HQ art for them. I did them so my collection is coherent, can't really have some awesome covers and then some standard stuff, right? ;D
I hope someone will appreciate it anyway.

I've done one for Lost Cause 2 as well, but I'm waiting to see if any of the magicians in this thread will upload some of their works.

On the Sports Champions one can you put a move symbol on there somewhere (on the cover and on the spine)?

Beats said:
The list is getting pretty big now haha. Good work everyone.

Do you think you can add my Dark Souls cover to the 360 section as well? It's the same as the PS3 version I submitted. (link)
Also the Super Smash Bros cover in the Wii section wasn't made by me, but my name is next to it. :x

This is good, please correct me when I mess up :D

Also, more feedback on the contest. :D

Could someone make a Space Marine (PS360) cover? Please?

Fuck...this thread has given me so many ideas but I don't believe I have the skills to make stuff like this...

What programs do you guys use?

Also...printed out around 20 covers today. Can't wait to get them home.

The guy at the studio wanted me to tell him how I am pirating all of these PS3 and 360 games. He was...confused when my response was, "I just really want to put new covers on my games."

Beats

demosthenes said:
What I need:
-Games. Dark Souls, Skyrim, MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, etc. What are the other big releases from Oct - Dec or should I just let any game be entered? I'm not too sure on this. I wouldn't mind either way.

-Time Frame: Was thinking games released between Mid September / October and November 31.

-Submissions: 2 per creator? Sounds fine.

-Voting: Point system or one gaf poster gets one vote? I think the 3 votes thing that drkOne suggested could work.

bathala

Banned
demosthenes said:

A few notes:
I didn't add the pre gen covers yet. I'll go through that another time and probably just have a heading of classics (for anything that really isn't currently selling: PS2, Gamecube, etc).

I was thinking of doing a contest for custom covers with the reward like $25-50 to Amazon provided by me.

Games would be agreed upon before but it would be games coming out between a certain time frame. The contest would end in a few months to give time for artwork and such to come out. Creators could put up w/ they felt were their 2 best creations. So you over the course of the next 3 months you could make 8 new covers but at the end you owuld tell me which 2 you want submitted.

What I need:
-Games. Dark Souls, Skyrim, MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, etc. What are the other big releases from Oct - Dec or should I just let any game be entered?

I don't mind 2 but creating 8 just to decide.
I got a job now so this is going to be hard. But I'll see if I can make one

Quick

Banned
Couldn't think of anything to put in the back, but I really like the very minimal look. Works especially well with the minimal versions.

PS3 | 360 | PC

portal2-fullpreview.png

portal2-minimalpreview.png

Portal2-PCpreview.png

Canova

Banned
Quick said:
Couldn't think of anything to put in the back, but I really like the very minimal look. Works especially well with the minimal versions.

that's way too bare. I'm sorry to be blunt, but there's a difference between minimalist and boring

Quick

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:
That Portal cover is begging for a blue portal on the front and an orange one on the back.

Good idea. I'll try it out, or something like it.

Canova said:
that's way too bare. I'm sorry to be blunt, but there's a difference between minimalist and boring

Blunt is the way to go, sometimes. :p

I like BrodiemanTTR's idea. I'll mess around with it more, but it's there for anyone who wants it.

Borman

Maybe a simple silhouette of the main character, with two portals, and a companion cube. Take up the bottom third of the back max, and leave the rest white or that simple grid pattern on top.

I'll provide a $25 to $50 Amazon card too.

For the amount I've used this thread...and an opportunity to thank the creative people here...I'm in.

Write me down.

demosthenes said:

A few notes:

What I need:

RussellXV

Just a little something I have been working on.

I was inspired by RyanardoDaVinci, who created a MGS4 cover for the PS3 Redesign Cover Thread. I may change the back cover art and possibly the colors of the logos.

Thanks to RyanardoDaVinci and those who provided the templates.

Edit: A cover without logos, like the Resistance 3 cover. You could also use it as a reversible cover I guess.

Wonko_C

DarkGiygas said:
Another one I haven't seen a cover for yet.

DL

6FCV6.png

This is so addictive, ugh

bisonyes.gif Thank you!

All I'm missing now is the Ridge Racer 7 one and I'll have a complete set.

I'm starting to get the itch to try my hand at doing some covers, but I suck at photoshop. Any pointers?

15RC said:
Just a little something I have been working on.

I was inspired by RyanardoDaVinci, who created a MGS4 cover for the PS3 Redesign Cover Thread. I may change the back cover art and possibly the colors of the logos.

Thanks to RyanardoDaVinci and those who provided the templates.
Niiiiiiiiiice.

demosthenes said:

A few notes:

What I need:

All of this sounds good to me. I wouldn't mind you letting a couple of games be entered.

RedSwirl

Stop making badass MGS4 covers. I can't decide which one I wanna use.

Oh, and as a tip for the white Siren covers, I would at least want to have SOMETHING on the back, even if it's just a simple emblem or symbol representing the game (or its developer) or something.

Top Bottom