• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Rengoku

RedSwirl said:
I already tried the PC template and it didn't work. Can't find this PC-specific version 2 script you're talking about (I've just been using the 360 script).

Might not be able to post mine for a while anyway since my internet has been crap for the last couple days.

Refer to this post here:

Rengoku said:
Hey guys, since theres some demand for it, here is the new version of the 3D Previews Box Converter. This time, it includes support for Batch Processing. Please test it out and let me know if there are any issues getting the script to run. Instructions are included within the Zip file.

Please note, you still need to have Adobe Photoshop for these scripts to work. They were tested and working fine on CS5, please let me know if they work on older versions as well.

Xbox 360 & PC 3D Box Converter

PS3 & Wii 3D Box Converter

If demosthenes could update the OP with this info, that would be much appreciated :)
PSP & DS still to come...

MYE

kunonabi said:
web.jpg

I heard this was done by a Gaffer, does anyone know who did it? I'd love to track down a hi res version of it.

I made these non-printable GEWii boxarts a while ago

wvhOY.png
ZWyfn.png

But yeah, non-printable :/
I could redo these in higher resolutions if you guys want them, but not right now (sooo busy :( ).

tornjaw

I picked up Eternal Sonata a while back for a couple of bucks. It didn't have a cover and I haven't seen one on here yet so I thought I'd take a crack at it. I couldn't find a lot of high-res art so I just went with this. Suggestions welcome.

EternalSonata-01.jpg

EternalSonata-02.jpg

Adding larger images... I'll have to do it later, damn Afghan internet.

kunonabi

MYE said:
I made these non-printable GEWii boxarts a while ago

wvhOY.png
ZWyfn.png

But yeah, non-printable :/
I could redo these in higher resolutions if you guys want them, but not right now (sooo busy :( ).

I would love the left one so I can do a N64 style cover. I'd be perfectly willing to wait.

drkOne

RedSwirl said:
*sigh* I'd kept them on there because that's just how the format is. The PS3 and PSN logos are part of the same layer, but I guess I could try to separate them. I'm not making new 3D images for all of them though.
I only asked in case you still had the PSD with things on separate layers (the template I downloaded from the OP has it on different layers). I wanted to use it as my cover, but don't really like the look of the PSN logo and have all my covers without it.
No worries about the 3D image.

Vashu

Been a while since I was last on NeoGAF, but the Custom Cover thread brought me back and I'm not sad about it at all. :)

Anyway, I come here on behalf of a friend. He also saw the thread and was very pleased about the Halo Reach and ODST covers, the same with the upcoming Anniversary game.

However, he and I deviced a bit of a challenge, for any takers.

He would like to have a custom cover of Metal Gear Solid 1, for the PC. Yes, the one Microsoft published.

He would like to see beautiful art (preferably by Yoji Shinkawa), the logo on the front and on the spine and the Games for Windows logo. Other than that, you're free to choose whatever you want to do.

I hope you guys can help.

PS: Anyone for Virtua Fighter 5 for PS3? I myself am a big fan of the game. :)

luffeN

Just printed out the MK9 cover for PS3 from a few pages ago. First it was too small, then it got cut off although the full cover was shown and I finally got it right. The way I did it was (sorry, I don't know the correct terms for English word):

-Open Word 2010
-Change layout to horizontal / landscape
-Add the picture
-Double click the picture and the picture tools tab should open. Go to the upper right corner and change height to 14,9 cm. The picture should automatically resize to the correct aspect ratio
-Still in the picture tools tab, click Position (it's in the middle and a little to the right) and choose mid-centered position (in the textwrap/wordwrap category) and print it.

I first tried it with the lexmark printer software but none of the options let me choose the right size. I took photo paper, but it's certainly a little bit too thick.

RedSwirl

Rengoku said:
Refer to this post here:

Still can't get it to work. Not sure it it will work properly in CS4. I get either errors or the script does nothing. I could do it if someone made a new script for the Cube dimensions in an atn file.

RedSwirl

drkOne said:
I only asked in case you still had the PSD with things on separate layers (the template I downloaded from the OP has it on different layers). I wanted to use it as my cover, but don't really like the look of the PSN logo and have all my covers without it.
No worries about the 3D image.

Which ones? If the game has multiplayer I'll probably leave it there (I made the same differentiation with all my Xbox covers).

Soma

^ i could try unless someone makes a bad-ass one beforehand.

i already made a Dark Souls cover but I love that image.

EDIT - speaking of which, hey demosthenes think you could add my cover to the OP?

/attention whore

<_<

Trike

There is a Vita space in the OP but it lists 3DS games. All of these custom ones are awesome. But can someone do one of Imagine Party Babyz?

950888_108123_front.jpg

I think the left baby, specifically his face, is the main star of the box. But it is not even close to being all over the box. If someone can change this for me then I would be greatly in their debt.

Request time! Kind of a small thing... but could someone make some Resistance (all three) covers where the titles on the side labels match up better? The text on the R3 side is MASSIVE and just looks very... well not good with the other two games beside it.

Yes, I realize how anal this is, but if you're in this thread, you probably understand it. Somewhat.

Trike said:
There is a Vita space in the OP but it lists 3DS games. All of these custom ones are awesome. But can someone do one of Imagine Party Babyz?

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/8/950888_108123_front.jpg[/IG]

I think the left baby, specifically his face, is the main star of the box. But it is not even close to being all over the box. If someone can change this for me then I would be greatly in their debt.[/QUOTE]

The_Monk

Trike said:

950888_108123_front.jpg

I think the left baby, specifically his face, is the main star of the box. But it is not even close to being all over the box. If someone can change this for me then I would be greatly in their debt.

Hmmm....

f3gWgl.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The only PS3 game I'm missing now is The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. Anyone willing to give that a shot? Thanks!

Mithos

Dan said:
The only PS3 game I'm missing now is The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. Anyone willing to give that a shot? Thanks!
I can't find any good logos for it and I'm not that good fixing the logos available to get transparencies, other then that I'm close to done with a version for that game.

Edit:
Forget what I said, just found that my design choice kinda already exist as an official cover, dropping this one.

Persona7

Banned
tornjaw said:
I picked up Eternal Sonata a while back for a couple of bucks. It didn't have a cover and I haven't seen one on here yet so I thought I'd take a crack at it. I couldn't find a lot of high-res art so I just went with this. Suggestions welcome.

Adding larger images... I'll have to do it later, damn Afghan internet.
Can we get a 360 version?

Xena

If we are allowed to make requests, could someone make a Sacred 2 so I can get rid of the "old spine" collection on PS3?

Yazuka

Is there someone who has the PS3 covers with the black borders on them? You know, to make them look more official? If anyone has a template of that, would you kindly post them?

Mithos

After the official reveal of the reversible cover for Ico & SotC HD Collection.

WGZG5.png

Left: US version - Right: EU version (according to EU Playstation blog).

Sony logos on Europe version and spine design not so good.

So decided to remake the US version, but with smaller logos though.
f21d4694a1369f62de34d7276eeb443aeb57f6ecd8398c14190c15b172a485076g.jpg

Edit: Link to download temporary removed, spine looks very pixelated.

HYDE

Banned
These are for people who want to get their Wii boxes to all look good together:

This is for those who want to get it out of the tin and into a uniform box.
2zh3x4j.jpg

This is for those who want to get rid of the red on the side for a uniform white.
2nq4mr5.jpg

Hope someone can use these.

Yazuka said:
Is there someone who has the PS3 covers with the black borders on them? You know, to make them look more official? If anyone has a template of that, would you kindly post them?

If you download "The Gimp" for editing, you can take any of these and the PS3 combo template and past them in and pretty much get the same cover with black bars.

I threw this together for someone I know who didn't like that the reversable ICO/SotC cover didn't have the PS3 formatting on it and it would stick out on his shelf.

icosotcpreviewyoqe.png

Side note: If someone wants the source for that, I think I saved it. PM me and I'll put it in my MediaFire account and update this post.

Man I wish I had more time to make more covers. You guys are doing some great work here though. Can't wait to print a bunch of these out. :)

Yazuka

corrosivefrost said:
If you download "The Gimp" for editing, you can take any of these and the PS3 combo template and past them in and pretty much get the same cover with black bars.

I already have an editing program, I just needed the template that was already done. And as correct as possible. I would just screw it up myself if I tried to add the black borders. =/

Yazuka said:
I already have an editing program, I just needed the template that was already done. And as correct as possible. I would just screw it up myself if I tried to add the black borders. =/

Ok, so I recommended "The Gimp" because Wally is free and can open and edit PSDs with layers. So long as your editing program handles PSDs, you want the combo template:

http://www.mediafire.com/?omwjmdmonji

Once you have that and can open it and manipulate the layers, grab the custom art you like from this thread, which should be 3225x1752 I think. That should be the exact size of the blue/black solid layers. Paste it on top of the blue or black layer and you should be good to go -- turn on/off the region 1 marker and export/save as... PNG.

If it's 3225x1752, you should be all set, take the file to your favorite shop or push it out on your printer. :)

Yazuka

corrosivefrost said:
Ok, so I recommended "The Gimp" because Wally is free and can open and edit PSDs with layers. So long as your editing program handles PSDs, you want the combo template:

Thanks man! I appreciate it very much and I thank you for the tip on the program, hope I didn't sound ungrateful or anything. That wasn't my intention. Again, thank you very much. =)

Yazuka said:
Thanks man! I appreciate it very much and I thank you for the tip on the program, hope I didn't sound ungrateful or anything. That wasn't my intention. Again, thank you very much. =)

No worries. Shoot me a PM if you have issues with it and I'll see if I can help out a bit.

RedSwirl

Still need some help on getting the Gamecube 3D template to work. Not doing much else right now.

Nearly my entire current-gen game collection is done except for a few minor ones that I'm not sure anyone else here would care about (a couple sports games). I'm thinking about attempting some DS games. Things might get interesting if someone makes a template for the larger, thicker PC game boxes.

Rengoku

RedSwirl said:
Still need some help on getting the Gamecube 3D template to work. Not doing much else right now.

Nearly my entire current-gen game collection is done except for a few minor ones that I'm not sure anyone else here would care about (a couple sports games). I'm thinking about attempting some DS games. Things might get interesting if someone makes a template for the larger, thicker PC game boxes.

Can you walk me through what kind of errors you're getting? Are you running it with Photoshop already opened? Does the script at least prompt you to enter in the resolution? I've tested the script on CS3, and it works fine there, so I would imagine CS4 should work. The script file is supposed to open using Adobe's ExtendScript Toolkit, so if launching the script opens something other than ExtendScript or CS4, then your system isn't set up to open the file type correctly.

exhume

Erm, so I don't know if anyone would want this, I just made it for myself since the red Nocturne spine was an eyesore in my collection. Also, the images aren't superhighquality unfortunately. And purists will hate it. ;)

PS, that script is BLACK MAGIC. O_O

RedSwirl

Rengoku said:
Can you walk me through what kind of errors you're getting? Are you running it with Photoshop already opened? Does the script at least prompt you to enter in the resolution? I've tested the script on CS3, and it works fine there, so I would imagine CS4 should work. The script file is supposed to open using Adobe's ExtendScript Toolkit, so if launching the script opens something other than ExtendScript or CS4, then your system isn't set up to open the file type correctly.
I'm using CS2 actually. I get an error code after entering the width if I can recall.

Rengoku

RedSwirl said:
I'm using CS2 actually. I get an error code after entering the width if I can recall.

Hmm, I didn't know that the old .atn scripts worked in CS2, I'll work on it for the CS2 folks then. In the mean time, a workaround is to resize your GC cover to the xbox 360's resolution before copying it over and running the .atn script.

LogicStep

Canova said:
Guys can you do something with this?

http://www.abload.de/img/332666_189255847814134j7qm.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'm too tired to do anything with it but that image is low res. Here's the same picture higher res for anyone to do something with it.

[url]http://www.abload.de/img/darksoulsartyjsu.png[/url]

[QUOTE=Quick]Here's my No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise cover(s). Anything I can do to improve on it?

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?rono9gye3kryi1j"][B]Click to download[/B][/URL]

[IMG]http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff379/thequick/nomoreheroes-ps3noclearpreview.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff379/thequick/nomoreheroes-ps3clearpreview.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Fantastic, I like it a lot. I would remove the logo on the back.

drkOne

exhume said:
Erm, so I don't know if anyone would want this, I just made it for myself since the red Nocturne spine was an eyesore in my collection. Also, the images aren't superhighquality unfortunately. And purists will hate it. ;)

PS, that script is BLACK MAGIC. O_O
Would it be too much to ask for a little change to the spine... "Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne" instead of the acronym?

Nickoten

Neo Member
I have to say that I'm not digging the designs with the logo on the bottom right, as it (Usually, not always) makes them look like movie posters or desktop wallpapers more than anything else. Not that they look bad, just that they're not really working as game covers to me, which is the form that people are attempting. Just my opinion, though.

For the record, I thought these were pretty cool, and some have the logos on the bottom right!:

http://h3.abload.de/img/nsmbwuf3z.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?7domo24k170l5jm

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php...1a186b19937c035c9973581c5f757f72cb7b03a5g.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/3ddgh-3d4qc9.png

Quick said:
Here's my No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise cover(s). Anything I can do to improve on it?

Click to download

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff379/thequick/nomoreheroes-ps3noclearpreview.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff379/thequick/nomoreheroes-ps3clearpreview.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Awesome.

Improve on it? I can't think of anything really, unless you want to make a version with Holly and Shinobu on the front instead. ;p

I've downloaded a bunch of them. Great work people. I'll be replacing that shitty Darksiders cover in no time.

While beautiful, I noticed that quite a lot of them have the Playstation Network logo. Is there a particular reason? Every time I saw it I sighed. I feel it shouldn't be there; it's a misstep on otherwise gorgeous works.

Top Bottom