• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Omega

Banned
Great covers.

I hope someone does a King of Fighters XIII one. The default 360 one is ugly, I wish it was the same as the PS3 cover.

Acrylic7

exhume said:
Erm, so I don't know if anyone would want this, I just made it for myself since the red Nocturne spine was an eyesore in my collection. Also, the images aren't superhighquality unfortunately. And purists will hate it. ;)

PS, that script is BLACK MAGIC. O_O

Bravo.

Quick

Banned
Dreweyes, your Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection cover is amazing.

zazrx said:
Fantastic, I like it a lot. I would remove the logo on the back.

Yeah, good idea. I actually had the PSN logo off originally, but I eventually just decided to have it on the back.

Fine Ham Abounds said:
Awesome.

Improve on it? I can't think of anything really, unless you want to make a version with Holly and Shinobu on the front instead. ;p

I'll give that a thought. :p

exhume said:
Erm, so I don't know if anyone would want this, I just made it for myself since the red Nocturne spine was an eyesore in my collection. Also, the images aren't superhighquality unfortunately. And purists will hate it. ;)

PS, that script is BLACK MAGIC. O_O

Wow, that's some beautiful art! I'm actually expecting this game in the mail soon, so I might use your custom cover. : )

Rengoku

Dreweyes said:
Spent the day designing this cover for myself, if anyone's interested. :)

Sexy! Im glad you finally found this thread. Your tshirt designs for the Gaf tshirt thread were fantastic!

RedSwirl

New Personal Rule: If the game has an important online component, I keep the PSN/XBL logos on the box. If not, they go. Ergo, they are present on my attempt at Dark Souls.

Canova

Banned
RedSwirl said:
New Personal Rule: If the game has an important online component, I keep the PSN/XBL logos on the box. If not, they go. Ergo, they are present on my attempt at Dark Souls.

YES OMG YES!

Canova

Banned
corrosivefrost said:
Does this mean I don't have to worry about using that other image you liked? :)

yeah if you haven't started anything, you can forget that. but if you have, i'd still take it

how bout mini ninjas or Bleach instead? ;)

Canova said:
yeah if you haven't started anything, you can forget that. but if you have, i'd still take it

how bout mini ninjas or Bleach instead? ;)

Bleach could be cool, as a fan of the show and since there's probably a metric ton of cool artwork.

--

Rengoku, did you ever make a minimalist Deus Ex (PS3) cover? The one linked in the OP has the grey bars on top, which seems odd to me, as I usually associate your stuff with the clean/minimalist style.

Rengoku

corrosivefrost said:
Rengoku, did you ever make a minimalist Deus Ex (PS3) cover? The one linked in the OP has the grey bars on top, which seems odd to me, as I usually associate your stuff with the clean/minimalist style.

My bad, I noticed I had both 3D cover images in that post with the grey bars on top, but linking to different covers. If you click through on the 1st PS3 3D cover, that one is the minimalist style.

RussellXV

RedSwirl said:
Yeah you're gonna need to go ahead and give me that layout.
I used the PSD template from VGBoxArt. Unfortunately, the template did not have layers for the logos. I used the Magic Wand Tool to create the logos into layers. Maybe not a perfect job, but looks decent to me. Get the edited file here.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I had motivation to make another cover, but it was all lost after seeing Dreweyes' Ico/SotC art. I mean goddamn how do you compete with that?

Also for some games, finding new art is still a pain n the ass.

U2NUMB

Gears of War 2
Click HERE for High Res

gears2_3D.png

A couple of older ones that I forgot to post.
Bad Company
Click HERE for High Res

bchr_3D.png

Wipeout Fury
Click HERE for High Res

wipeout2hr_3D.png

kaskade

Man I just found this thread. I got the free copy of reach from testing the new disc format so I'm thinking about using one of them. Will staples do it? I don't think I have an Office Max anywhere close.

kaskade said:
Man I just found this thread. I got the free copy of reach from testing the new disc format so I'm thinking about using one of them. Will staples do it? I don't think I have an Office Max anywhere close.

Yes, Staples will do it, since neither of them (that I recall from my printing) have copyright info on it.

You can also try Office Depot -- they're my go to place for this stuff.

Ezalc

Dreweyes said:
Yeah it's 100% original artwork, spent all day drawing & designing it haha.

Holy fuck man, this one and that Folklore one I saw a few pages back are my favorites. Your cover is absolutely GORGEOUS.

U2NUMB

RedSwirl said:
If I were you I'd make the logos black but whatever.

I sort of like the mostly B&W look with a tiny splash of color. If I have time later I will mess around with it and see how it looks. You may be right as far as this cover goes.

And my last 2 for the day.. 2 versions of Borderlands

Borderlands Normal
Click HERE for High Res

borderlands_360_3D.png

Borderlands Classy
Click HERE for High Res

borderlands_360_classy_3D.png

EDIT: PS3 Versions added

Borderlands Normal
Click HERE for High Res

borderlands_ps3_3D.png

Borderlands Classy
Click HERE for High Res

borderlands_ps3_classy_3D.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
U2NUMB said:
I sort of like the mostly B&W look with a tiny splash of color. If I have time later I will mess around with it and see how it looks. You may be right as far as this cover goes.

And my last 2 for the day.. 2 versions of Borderlands

Borderlands Normal
Click HERE for High Res

borderlands_360_3D.png
Fucking AMAZING!

kaskade

corrosivefrost said:
Yes, Staples will do it, since neither of them (that I recall from my printing) have copyright info on it.

You can also try Office Depot -- they're my go to place for this stuff.
Do I just go in with the image on a USB key? What are the dimensions to print? There's some really awesome art in here. I'd love to use more.

kaskade said:
Do I just go in with the image on a USB key? What are the dimensions to print? There's some really awesome art in here. I'd love to use more.

Yes. And the creators who are uploading the files should be making them the proper sizes based on the template -- so when you download the "high res" versions, you pop them on your USB key, bring it to Staples/Office Depot/Kinkos/etc. and say "hey, print these out for me."

You can bring a cover if you like, so you can best replicate the paper type, but from what I found the best paper is #80 semi-gloss brochure/pamphlet stock. Office Depot charged me $0.80 a sheet and they were done same day. I brought them home and cut them out with a razor knife and a ruler. (If you use any of the stark white covers, print a 1 pixel black border on the outside of the image first, it will save you a headache.)

The resolution in the PNG files should be the same for the printer so when they print on the paper (8.5x11), it should come out the right size.

The_Monk

U2NUMB said:
Surprised we are missing some COD action for 360 so put this together

Yep, I asked if there was some kind soul to make the COD4 MW, MW2 and the Black Ops one, for the PS3 with some different style from the original ones.

Can't wait to print some of these I found here, will post them after, that's for sure!

Top Bottom