• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

PerZona

U2NUMB said:
Surprised we are missing some COD action for 360 so put this together

BLack Ops
Click HERE for High Res

black_ops_360_3D.png
Can you please do a PS3 one? Thanks!

And can someone do a God Of War: Origins cover? The official one really suck balls =/

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
CrankyKong said:
Are you guys just using regular printers and paper for these?
As long as your printer isn't a $40 cheapo thing it will print fine. And you need to use photo or brochure paper. Not sure what the best weight for these are, 240gsm seems way too thick.

It's definitely easier to just have them printed for you like MrBig said, but some places might not print them due to copyright concerns.

I went to Staples to print four PS3 covers. I chose the "magazine" paper as it felt like the real thing, but when I got back home and directly compared it to the original, the new cover paper was thicker. So my question is: what is the paper used by Sony for PS3 covers. Is it proprietary? Is there some kind of ISBN-like universal code for types of paper?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hey mate, care to give me the source of that deus ex pic? ( original )

iLLmAtlc

soulassssns said:
How is everybody printing these out? Special paper? any recommendations?

I use 80lb 2-sided glossy paper, and it's nearly a duplicate of the PS3 covers (the paper I use is a touch thinner, I think).

drkOne

iLLmAtlc said:
I use 80lb 2-sided glossy paper, and it's nearly a duplicate of the PS3 covers (the paper I use is a touch thinner, I think).
Same. I print it on the home printer with the best quality and they out pretty similar to the original's quality.

Tokubetsu

Decided to try my hand at this:

Totally missed the transparent 360 logo. Another pass coming and I'm still not happy with the front.

EDIT: Transparent 360 logo!

Wichu

So I decided to make a cover for Xenoblade. Unfortunately, I got carried away, and made 15 (same template with lots of different art). I can't decide which one I'd use - I'm tempted to get a whole bunch of them printed, then rotate them every so often (if I can find somewhere near me that will print them). A few covers have minor character/location spoilers from the first half of the game.

Also, the 3D box script doesn't seem to work for me - I'd appreciate it if someone could 3D-ify them.

All Xenoblade covers (.zip)

Since MediaFire's image embedding is acting up for me (the displayed image sometimes shows up as 'file not found', but the download seems to work), I'll put a short description of each individual cover underneath.

Bionis and Mechonis art, lower half of Frontier Village (Nopons), upper half of Frontier Village (the tree), Mechonis art (upper half of official cover), official cover art with Shulk on the back

Official cover art with Frontier Village on the back, character art with Shulk and Fiora on the back (couldn't find a high-res image, so this one's a little blurry), Eryth Sea, Colony 9, Sword Valley art

Makna Forest, Gaur Plains, Bionis' Shoulder art, Frontier Village with Shulk on the back, Satorl Marsh

So, take your pick.

imthemaid

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Decided to try my hand at this:
zrEgg.png

Totally missed the transparent 360 logo. Another pass coming and I'm still not happy with the front.

EDIT: Transparent 360 logo!

So cool. I'm using it. Thank you.

Mithos

Spiffy_1st said:
Would anyone mind doing a Prince of Persia Trilogy cover? Ubisoft's attempt wasn't very good...
None of the Trilogy covers are very good, still looking for good art to do Tomb Raider Trilogy.

LegendOfGood said:
Are there any printing guides for these? How do I know what size to print them at to get the correct dimensions?
I'm pretty sure they all have the correct dimensions (or at least most should). Look at the dimensions in a photo editor or through the Windows Photo Viewer.
Anyways, here's the covers I've printed off.
eDOAEl.jpg

There's probably about 10 in this pile, mostly for my friend.
fJXKel.jpg

Top Bottom