• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Dynamic3

Mithos said:
After the official reveal of the reversible cover for Ico & SotC HD Collection.

WGZG5.png

Would it be possible to create this same exact cover (left), but replace the SotC portion with the cover from the Japanese LE (sans logos); seen partially here?

RedSwirl

Y'know what? We need a minimalist Genesis/Mega Drive template. The box covers work the same. PS1 and Dreamcast would be nice too.

Someone get on it!

Wilbur

Banned
Question: great work guys, these are wonderful, gonna print some off myself. But for those that are on the 3D box template and have no download link, how do I print them off so its just the image?

MrBig

Wilbury said:
Question: great work guys, these are wonderful, gonna print some off myself. But for those that are on the 3D box template and have no download link, how do I print them off so its just the image?
You should be able to click on the 3D preview image for the download link.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
This might be a silly question here, but if I want to print out a custom cover for a Playstation 3 case, what's the size of the image to be printer on A4? Never really done this before and thought I ask someone here who's done this :)

Feorax

ZombieFred said:
This might be a silly question here, but if I want to print out a custom cover for a Playstation 3 case, what's the size of the image to be printer on A4? Never really done this before and thought I ask someone here who's done this :)

Use a program called Undercover XP. Has a lot of presets, including blu-ray/PS3 sizes.

Also, massive thank you to everyone contributing to this thread. You have made my game collection look a thousand times more awesome, and I'm not finished yet!

stp60716.jpg

Yes, I own 2 copies of AC: Brotherhood, what of it? :p

ctrayne

Don't have a ton of time at the moment, but I wanted to share some WIP.

k1TsO.jpg

You'll notice that "Max Payne presents Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne starring Max Payne" is now a concise "The Fall of Max Payne". I like it.

Here's the MP2 cover. I'll share more when I have time.
http://i.imgur.com/nJvJP.jpg

Most game companies really have no clue how to do pretty box art, do they?

Edit: I know the AssCreed ones aren't terribly different, but Ubisoft loves to slap all kinds of labels and crap over the pretty art, so I fixed it. :)

RedSwirl

ctrayne said:
Don't have a ton of time at the moment, but I wanted to share some WIP.

You'll notice that "Max Payne presents Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne starring Max Payne" is now a concise "The Fall of Max Payne". I like it.

Here's the MP2 cover. I'll share more when I have time.
http://i.imgur.com/nJvJP.jpg

Most game companies really have no clue how to do pretty box art, do they?

The Max Payne and Mass Effect ones are bangin'.

I can't browse everything at work, but some of this work is stunning. I saw some people mention office depot for printing. Is there a specific type of paper I should ask for? What's the dimensions for xbox 360 and ps3 game cases? Average cost per print?

Also, does anybody know where I could get some spare xbox 360 cases? A few of mine are broken.

I've just noticed something:

there ain't any awesome Resident Evil 5 custom box arts. What the hell. There should be one with Chris, Sheva, Jill and Wesker on it, or some combination of them.

Ricky_R

AuthenticM said:
Wow. Bravo! I think I might print it over the one I previously got. Do you think you could do one for RE5? It's a game worth making a custom box art for. Two and a half years later it's still my favorite game this generation.

Thanks mate...

Let me know if the colors don't print correctly as I worked it in RBG instead of CMYK, and I'll fix it.

I will also try to make a R5 one as soon as I can.

RoninChaos said:
I can't browse everything at work, but some of this work is stunning. I saw some people mention office depot for printing. Is there a specific type of paper I should ask for? What's the dimensions for xbox 360 and ps3 game cases? Average cost per print?

Also, does anybody know where I could get some spare xbox 360 cases? A few of mine are broken.
Anyone?

iNvid02

RoninChaos said:

ebay

also, i need around 3 custom covers for assassins creed revelations for all 3 platforms - they would do great for the official thread.

if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it, you'll get credit in the OT too of course.

edit: i can provide some hi-res artwork too if you have trouble finding some, have a 194mb rar file full of stuff

Sinthetic

2ajzyi8.jpg

Turned out so good (crappy iP4 picture does no justice), many thanks to Rengoku. You are a master. Now I have the perfect cover for what is turning into one of my all time favourite games in SotC.

RedSwirl

theRizzle said:
Anyone working on anything for the Splinter Cell Collection?

I just got my copy in the mail and that cover is horrifying.

I had an idea for it but don't know if I'll be able to find the art for what I wanna do.

Top Bottom