• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom wallpaper in upcoming PS4 update apparently

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Jul 26, 2014
America
I can finally put my badass 'let us start the game" persona 5 wallpaper on thar. Happy day!

Past

Jan 12, 2014
Just noticed that it's been almost 5 months since PS4's last major update. o_o

Crimson_Gold

Feb 7, 2013
Time to craft an amazing collage for my wallpaper. It will definitely be of my god kids by day and my celebrity crushes by not

TimeEffect

Mar 17, 2010
So much potential if they go the whole 9 yards:

-custom background
-custom icons/sounds
-dynamic themes
-background music

Hope it's not just wallpaper

Goodacre0081

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver, BC
why are we learning about this via a third party? Sony really needs to take a cue from MS when it comes to community interaction regarding the UI and FW status.

Past

Jan 12, 2014
...Huh?

Our last update was 3 months ago. Not five.
I said "last major update", not counting the stability updates. Masamune was the last major update which was at the end of October, so yeah, by the end of February it will be 5 months already.

Jawmuncher

Sep 2, 2010
Isla Nublar
Giving the players what they want.... But that suspend feature. Still this is a nice addition especially since it won't get covered like it does on Xbox one

ExoHazMatt

May 4, 2012
Dallas, TX
I said "last major update", not counting the stability updates. Masamune was the last major update which was at the end of October, so yeah, by the end of February it will be 5 months already.
No, that would be four months. And it's the 9th, we're nowhere near the end of February. So it's been 3 months and a little over a week since our last major update.

pottuvoi

Banned
May 17, 2010
It'd be great if we could combine our own wallpaper with the music/icons of another dynamic theme.
Indeed.
Something like mixing own HDR cubemap with dynamic theme and custom soundtrack would be great.. (Thinking Turrican2 underwater music with proper environment)

orthodoxy1095

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
twitter.com
Maybe I'm being pedantic, but no, it'll be four months. It's three months and like a week right now.

Fret

Jan 22, 2013
I'd rather have the ability to pin items at the front of the homepage instead of scrolling across the constantly moving icons all the time

prateeko

Feb 27, 2008
Why the hell are consoles being released without last gen features? This and lack of custom soundtracks really sets my jimmies to rustled

firebranded

Nov 10, 2014
Why the hell are consoles being released without last gen features? This and lack of custom soundtracks really sets my jimmies to rustled
We do have custom soundtracks, maybe not to the extent some wish or on the HHD like I wish but it's there. It's not like they could just port over the features and call it a day, completely different architecture under the hood.

As for this news?