• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Customer Service Rep: "At this time, the Switch doesn't support Netflix"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hesitant to make this thread so please lock if this is not good enough of a source, but after not hearing anything regarding Netflix/Hulu/etc...I wanted to find out for myself.

VmvaagR.jpg

Incredibly disappointing if true. We use the Wii U as our main media hub and was planning on doing so with the Switch.

It probably will, though.
If that's an HDCP problem just remember that Netflix is also available on Wii U.
Sooner or later Netflix will come to Switch for sure.

Reads more like they don't want to develop until there's demand to do so.

But it's on goddamn every other device imaginable so there's no reason to think it won't come to Switch.

I mean technically, "at this time" could be literally referring to the present moment. Not that I'd put anything past the Switch at this point in time but this isn't too smoking a gun to me.

BigK_201

I have 3 or 4 devices that can play Netflix, and I'm guessing most people here do too. I'm fine with this not having it right away.

Reminds me of when the 3DS launched and didn't even have an eshop for a few months.

This thing is launching to early.

Hopefully by the holiday they get their shit together. They'll need to.

LakeEarth

I'm sure they will. Maybe not launch, but I'd bet soon after. Netflix is pretty good at making sure their app is on every device people would want it on.

Mrbob

Usually I would say I don't care but as a portable device might be intriguing to use. Still I doubt customer service knows much about launch detail anyway.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
A customer service rep does not have the capacity to make a new announcement, so this does not tell us anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom