• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cute single DS game case from my wife

Here's a little Sunday break from console wars and Sales-Age.

My wife Mary is a [url="http://www.craftster.org]Craftster[/url] reader/poster. Recently, they had a craft challenge where all the participants had to make something tiny-- I think less than 2" by 2". She asked me for ideas, and I gave her pretty much the weirdest one I could think of: a tiny messenger-bag style case for a single DS game. She decided to add some (amazingly damn tiny) Mario 2 cross-stitching to the project, and here are the results of her hard work (obviously I'm very impressed):

62981mariogamemedki5.jpg

62981mariohandmedlj3.jpg

62981mariohoopry1.jpg

Crafster is full of all kinds of awesome. this is a good example.

The only bad thing about this really, is that she did so amazing that it would be difficult to not desire one for every game now. Maybe you only have a few, I mean, how many DS games do people really have?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
So how does this apply to the Japanese software sales climate?

Anyway, that's pretty cool. I bet it's nice to have a wife that respects your hobbies.

I would chose the games I play the most and have one made of the main character for each one. Then I would attach velcro to the back and have a little wall hanging I could attach them to (perferably one with a game theme environment - then they would be like playing with colorforms all over again *grins*). Then, whenever I wanted to play that game, all I'd have to do is pull it off the board.

I'm thinking way too much into this for Sunday morning.

Good job though - very cute!

Mermandala said:
Maybe you only have a few, I mean, how many DS games do people really have?

At the moment, I've got 26 with at least another 40-odd on my must-buy list :)

Very nice work by your wife, though. Something similar, perhaps with a stiff back and five pockets, would make a funky case for carrying a few games in your pocket.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit, neat!

put it on ebay and then put her in a room making 50 per day you could be rich!

Baron

I see your single game case and raise you this similarly cool case of mine, which holds two DS games -

dspod0.jpg

cvxfreak

I keep all my DS games inside a spare Game Boy micro pouch I bought. Works great, holds plenty of games and is simplistic.

Ecrofirt

Baron said:
I see your single game case and raise you this similarly cool case of mine, which holds two DS games -

dspod0.jpg

So, how did you make that?

Or rather, you didn't make it at all, did you?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member

I see you are married to a heartless robot.

Senretsu

very cool stitch work. I remember trying to do this back in the day for crafts class, its not easy to do. You have a wonderful wife, better make it up to her :).

If by "gay" you mean "evidence of a happy and successful heterosexual marriage", then yes. It's super gay.

edit: I linked Mary to the thread and she's really happy about all the responses and that you guys are (mostly) enjoying it!

Can anyone help me?

I just signed up here and got the approval email but can only reply to threads and not start a new topic.

What am I doing wrong?

By the way "Cute" case.

Hooterville said:
Can anyone help me?

I just signed up here and got the approval email but can only reply to threads and not start a new topic.

What am I doing wrong?

By the way "Cute" case.

You can't post new threads as a Junior Member. Wait a while, keep posting responses, etc. and your status will change.

"Thanks!"

Geek

Ninny Prancer
the year 20XX said:
Here's a little Sunday break from console wars and Sales-Age.

My wife Mary is a [url="http://www.craftster.org]Craftster[/url] reader/poster. Recently, they had a craft challenge where all the participants had to make something tiny-- I think less than 2" by 2". She asked me for ideas, and I gave her pretty much the weirdest one I could think of: a tiny messenger-bag style case for a single DS game. She decided to add some (amazingly damn tiny) Mario 2 cross-stitching to the project, and here are the results of her hard work (obviously I'm very impressed)

Me too. Does your wife have a hot younger sister in the greater Boston area who might double for a lingerie model and have a hefty trust fund? If so, consider me VERY interested.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Yeah, but Neo-GAF has some of the gayest administration I've ever seen.

Edit: gay = happy

You're among the happiest people I've ever known, that is.

I think the high minimum post count is there simply to dissuade idiots from joining, posting a couple of one-word replies and then being given the opportunity to spam the board with worthless topics. Of course, that still happens but I suspect if the minimum requirements were dropped it would be far worse than it is.

As for admin - well, no complaints here apart from their bizarre tolerance for joke characters.

Not too bad, woulda been better with a DS logo instead of a Mario icon.

Baron said:

dspod0.jpg
Where the F*** DO I GET THAT?

mug

Looks like a JP Club Nintendo promotion item (plastic case). As for the little messenger pouch - awesome.

Deku

Banned
Is your wife aware her handiwork is now famous around the world?

I would pay good money for Final Fantasy (pixelart) models as well as Link/Zelda character (pixelart) ones.

You should ask if she wants to start a business selling these.

Dalauz

and here are the results of her hard work (obviously I'm very impressed):

62981mariogamemedki5.jpg

Baron said:

dspod0.jpg
Steamers vs Dreamers!

the year 20XX said:
She decided to add some (amazingly damn tiny) Mario 2 cross-stitching to the project, and here are the results of her hard work (obviously I'm very impressed)

Is she at all interested in selling these (or cases for the actual system)? I'd be interested in a cool little pouch for my DSL with some cross-stitching on there. I don't know if I could/would be willing to pay enough to actually make it a viable business enterprise for her, but if she doesn't mind making some more, I doubt I'm the only one here who might buy.

Top Bottom