• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Microsoft to reveal 'major 3rd party game' comes free with X1 [MCV: FIFA 14]

rvy

Banned
Yurop is Sony-land, no way MS could get EA to hand over FIFA exclusive modes and free game bundles without paying a very hefty sum.

Good for them, FIFA is shit.

Xater

That is still not enough to basically achieve price parity. I'll continue to wait for the version without Kinect.

Addnan

No way FIFA. Biggest game every year, MS would need to give some crazy amount of money.

Probably that ubisoft fighting game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ah, we likely don't know what the game is. I'd guess Crackdown 3 based on this:

"Unique Xbox One exclusive" that Microsoft executive Phil Spencer said was being saved for a Gamescom announcement."

Minions

So wait; They are giving this to everyone? I thought the earlier announcement was a "free game" to be included in countries which were delayed, and only for "preorders" that were preordered before the delay?

Was that announcement incorrect, or are they extending it to everyone in Europe; or are they giving people who were delayed two games? Why would anyone buy day 1 if they know they get a free game a couple months later?

It's going to be FIFA or Battlefield 4.

Unlikely. A deal like this means paying for the copies that won't be sold. FIFA is huge in Europe, Battlefield is massive too. There is no way they are going to pay for all the unsold copies of a game that would be #1 or #2 in the charts.

Oh, I thought it would be a game they were about to announce at gamescom.

Fifa would be huuuuuuge. But would it really be financially intersting for EA?

Ultimate Team does ridiculous business for them. A bundled FIFA wouldn't exactly be a loss since they would likely make it back via Ultimate Team and other transactions (Would not be shocked if there is a Euro 2012 like Expansion for the World Cup next year either)

Pagusas

Elden Member
Wonder if they'd bundle madden in the US? FIFA would not sell systems here in the states.

Edit: Stupid, didnt read OP, MS exclusive. Hmm.

Although fifa sells a lot , i dont see it as a bundled game. lots of fifa players dont even care about next gen. And what about all the people that dont care for football games. Anyway, would be big if it was fifa though

Derrick01

Banned
Our definition of major is probably different from theirs. I like to keep my expectations very low so I'll guess it's some crappy kinect game or maybe something like Assassin's Creed 4.

mocoworm

They have to do a deal that makes sense to them. What game will bring them back massive revenue by giving it away. A multiplayer only game that gets a million sign ups to XboxLive as ppl want to play it. It has to be Titanfall in my opinion.

Also, this is great news if true. MS making some good progress on sweetening the deal.

Top Bottom