• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberconnect2 announces three new projects

Battlechili

Banned
And most importantly: A NEW LITTLE TAIL BRONX GAME

Cyberconnect2 announced via Famitsu today that they are developing three new revenge-themed titles referred to as the revenge trilogy.
The first title is Fugue of the Battlefield, a new RPG in the Little Tail Bronx series. To quote Gematsu:
Gematsu said:
Fugue of the Battlefield (War x Revenge x Beasts)

A dramatic strategy RPG and adventure story of dog-people and cat-people boys and girls. It inherits the world setting of Little Tail Bronx depicted in Tail Concerto and Solatorobo. It will also have shooting action and roguelike elements.

The protagonists are 11 children whose parents were kidnapped by the Belman Empire. They pilot a huge tank called Taranis that they find along the way to save the adults, and throw themselves into violent battles.

The second title is Tokyo Ogre Gate, a side-scroller.
Gematsu said:
Tokyo Ogre Gate (Schoolgirls x Revenge x Steampunk)
A high-speed action game that depicts the lonesome battle of a girl named Jurinko Michinoku in Tokyo, a Japanese city where ghosts and magic are ordinary.
The story begins after World War I, with the opening of the “Hundred Ogre Gate” connecting hell to this world due to Genshu Kuodzuka’s plan to overthrow the Japanese government.
You will gradually accelerate as you slash enemies. The faster you go, the higher your attack power will be.
Tokyo Ogre Gate is not just a horizontal side-scroller, the stages also change to behind the back-scrolling and in front of the character-scrolling.

The final title is Cecile, a 2.5D side-scroller action game.
Gematsu said:
Cecile (Goth Loli x Revenge x Witches)
A 2.5D horizontal side-scroller and stylish action game where a bloodstained battle between four sisters unfolds. Summoned by their mother, the four sisters are made to participate in a ceremony to become a witch, but the cost of that ceremony is the loss of each of their most precious things. Players will fight with an umbrella and pole sword.
The four sisters are as follows:
  • Alistell – The eldest sister. She loses her beloved husband, and as a sinner was stolen of her body’s freedom and made to wear a restraining device.
  • Leatheria – The second daughter. She loses both of her legs.
  • Cara – The third daughter. She is stolen of her voluptuous body and growth, and appears like a child.
  • Cecile – The fourth daughter. She lost her voice. She is also the protagonist.
The four sisters have a bad relationship, and and will kill their own flesh and blood in order to steal each other’s hearts.
In addition to this news, Cyberconnect2 also announced that it intends to publish its own games for smaller titles that they develop. Additionally, the previously announced project, Project Venom (of CC2 Montreal) is currently being post-poned so that the director can work on other games. The game was intented to be a MOBA-like.

Source

A SEQUEL TO SOLATOROBO
A NEW LITTLE TAIL BRONX GAME
After taking over a decade just to publish a low budget DS game
After a Japan-only phone game dying within a year
And after the Strelka Stories website mysteriously disappeared from the internet with no further mentions of it from CC2.
Its finally happening.

Also Cecile sounds Drakengard-esque.

goldenpp72

I own Solatorobo and Tail Concerto but haven't played either, maybe I should get on it.

Last edited:

Fbh

I liked their work on the Naruto franchise and enjoyed Asuras Wrath for what it was .

But nothing kills my interest in a Japanese game faster than "schoolgirls" and "lolis".

So that's 2 out of 3 I'm not even interested in.
Are there any pics or concept art from the games ?

Last edited:

Battlechili

Banned
Are there any pics or concept art from the games ?
Not yet, but this is from Famitsu so I imagine we'll be hearing more directly in a press release not too many days from now.
I own Solatorobo and Tail Concerto but haven't played either, maybe I should get on it.
You absolutely should.
Solatorobo in particular is a masterpiece. Its not without its faults; if you need strong gameplay in order to enjoy a game you probably wouldn't like it. But its got such an incredibly huge amount of effort put into its worldbuilding and lore that its world just comes alive in the most refreshing of ways. Solatorobo is up there with titles like Final Fantasy XII and The Elder Scrolls in terms of worldbuilding and lore; the game explains huge amounts of aspects of its world, from culture and history (past wars, how the world came to be, etc) to everyday life/what people do for entertainment and so on. This combined with its emphasis on storytelling and dialogue where it fleshes out its characters and makes even random unimportant NPCs have their own stories to them makes the game such a wonderful treat. Its a joy to play from beginning to end.

Battlechili

Banned
I was expecting a Hack game for some reason.
Last Recode's 4th volume did hint at something, so just give it time. Piros in it stated he was working on the next project if I remember correctly.
I'm sure we'll hear something for the .hack// series eventually.

Last edited:
HO LAWD, DREAMS DO COME TRUE. Now we just need to know what platform the Little Tail Bronx game will be for and whether it comes to the West.

Actually kinda worried it could be a phone game =n=

Last edited:

woopWOOP

PAYBACK TIME

I didn't buy Solatorobo back then and now it's expensive as shit, so I guess I'll wait and eventually get this new one instead.

Osukaa

Ok I have no idea how the games look but based on the descriptions I would buy each of them. Cecile has got my attention the most though based on the description. Hope we get more details soon.

Battlechili

Banned
New images have surfaced.
Trilogy of Vengeance:
1l7C0FF.jpg
Fugue On the Battlefield:
Ww77twr.jpg
Tokyo Ogre Gate:
ezpDbD6.jpg
Cecile:
wlcedkV.jpg
Also, a small tidbit:
According to someone I know that can read Japanese, supposedly one of the bits of "Fugue on the Battlefield" states that the tank in Fugue is a weapon of ancient civilization, and that it has an ultimate weapon that sacrifices the life of the one who uses it in order to activate it.

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned
Fugue looks awesome. I'm so hyped. But are these all concept art pics or indicative of the game? A 2d-game would be ok, but I'd prefer a 3d-title like Solatorobo, making use of the Switch/PS4's power.

New images have surfaced.
Also, a small tidbit:
According to someone I know that can read Japanese, supposedly one of the bits of "Fugue on the Battlefield" states that the tank in Fugue is a weapon of ancient civilization, and that it has an ultimate weapon that sacrifices the life of the one who uses it in order to activate it.

Thanks for posting those! The phone game vibe on Fugue is heavily increasing for me. Either that or it's a downloadable console title, but I really doubt it.

Battlechili

Banned
Thanks for posting those! The phone game vibe on Fugue is heavily increasing for me. Either that or it's a downloadable console title, but I really doubt it.
I'm not so sure. The last Little Tail phone game died off pretty quickly, and it had the name "Little Tail Story". I don't think they'd make another phone game after the first one was seemingly unsuccessful, and all the bigger main games for the LTB series have references to music in their titles.
Tail Concerto
Solatorobo: And Then To Coda
And now we have Fugue.
The only other LTB title is Mamoru-kun, and all it was was a disaster relief program/in-browser flash game. Once again, no reference to music. I could be wrong, but I think this is something bigger. Someone else pointed out that a lot of the art for Fugue looks phone game-y, but a lot of that is styled in the same way Solatorobo's concept art was. Its also worth mentioning that apparently the game was announced to be currently in preproduction

With all this information in mind, I don't think it would be announced like this if it were a phone game. I could be wrong of course; I don't want it to be a phone game so I'm a bit biased towards this belief. It'd be heartbreaking for me.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure. The last Little Tail phone game died off pretty quickly, and it had the name "Little Tail Story". I don't think they'd make another phone game after the first one was seemingly unsuccessful, and all the bigger main games for the LTB series have references to music in their titles.
Tail Concerto
Solatorobo: And Then To Coda
And now we have Fugue.
The only other LTB title is Mamoru-kun, and all it was was a disaster relief program/in-browser flash game. Once again, no reference to music. I could be wrong, but I think this is something bigger. Someone else pointed out that a lot of the art for Fugue looks phone game-y, but a lot of that is styled in the same way Solatorobo's concept art was. Its also worth mentioning that apparently the game was announced to be currently in preproduction

With all this information in mind, I don't think it would be announced like this if it were a phone game. I could be wrong of course; I don't want it to be a phone game so I'm a bit biased towards this belief. It'd be heartbreaking for me.

I feel the exact same as you really, not only would it be crushing because it's a phone game but also because we'd likely not see a localisation then. Considering the budget and how touch friendly the game concept seems though, it's hard to place it for me anywhere but on a phone. Switch or 3DS are remote possibilities and I guess that's where hope lies, but with 3DS specifically that hope is very faint since a localisation would not be a shoe-in for that system at this stage of its life.

Ah well, admittedly I tend to be a bit doomsday-ish, so I hope I'm just being too negative and things will be fine. I'm gonna need a Mamoru-kun relief effort on myself if it's gonna be a phone game though, omg.

KevinKeene

Banned
Guess we've got our platform confirmation there: PS4, XB1, Switch, and Steam.

Would be fantastic to have Fuga on Switch. Btw did I correctly hearvit being called an action-rpg? Don't have my headphones for better sound, so I'm not sure.

Ah, the art is so nice. I'm not a die-hard furry, but quality furry art is always welcome.

Battlechili

Banned

Cyberconnect2 just released a video about these projects! They're aiming for a Summer 2019 release worldwide, with Fuga releasing first followed by a three months difference before Tokyo Ogre Gate and then Cecile. Apparently these games will have much less in terms of story and world and focus more on gameplay, instead having more story and world stuff placed in manga that are supposed to release alongside them. Finally, this video has a tiny bit of footage of the games themselves, with Ogre Gate featuring the most gameplay footage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom