• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 – Players Will Always Have A Say In What’s Going On

Mista

Banned
cyberpunk-2077-image-4-1024x576.jpg

From weapons and their customizations to augmentations and a whole lot else, it’s looking like players will be given a variety of options in how they can tackle any given situation during gameplay – you can even finish the entire game without killing anyone. As per CD Projekt RED’s Marcin Blacha, who’s working as the story director on Cyberpunk 2077, that’s been something that the studio has focused on a lot during development, and is something that will manifest in the game itself in various ways.
“We try very hard for the players to always have a say in what’s going on,”
“We do that either through using dialogue to influence the situation or by simply giving players the freedom to move or look around during dialogue or cutscenes. Also, we try to never break immersion – in the 2018 demo, remember how we connected to the woman in the bathtub? Information was presented directly on the cornea. If you don’t use fast travel, there are no loading screens, too. Finally, there’s character creation, where we plan to give you options to create the V you can say is yours. From choosing a body type to facial features, hairstyles, skin tone, voice—there’s a lot there to play with.”
GamingBolt

GermanZepp

Since i found out that is going to be a stat called something like "Cool" or "Coolness" i'm gonna invest all my XP in dat and see how it plays.

EDIT: NPC's be like

giphy.gif

Last edited:

EDMIX

Alright it's getting to the point where I just want to see the game or play the game.

The info in these tidbits are getting redundant.

Agreed, especially when its a moot point, be like "In Cyberpunk 2077, players will have full 100% control of the character, lets say you want to move yo ass forward....YOU CAN DO THAT...WOOOOOOOOOW"

So they need to stop. This stuff is so moot, next thing you know they going to be telling us you can NOW save your progress to make sure you don't lose your place in the game.

Aintitcool

Banned
CDProjectred is entering the Todd Howard/Peter Molyneux over promises realm. But I am hyped and will no doubt be there day 1 on PS4.

So they need to stop. This stuff is so moot, next thing you know they going to be telling us you can NOW save your progress to make sure you don't lose your place in the game.
What ? You want cartridge technology in 2019 ???

Last edited:
Top Bottom