• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

Majukun

seems like they are only talking about performance and egregious bugs, the issues with the game are bigger than that.

i mean i still enjoy the game, but it's still overall disappointing

ebevan91

We want for them not to tease a game for nearly a decade, delay game 3+ times in the name of quality, deliberately hide the condition of the console version weeks leading up to release, and then deliver a broken mess. Offering a refund is not a remedy, it's something they SHOULD do for those who want it.

I wonder what the reaction would be if they released the game on PC first and then released on consoles a few months later into 2021. The PC version is decent enough that they could've gotten away with that one so long as they kept patching it like they are now.

TexMex

Gamers won't even settle for a pound of flesh at this point.

This was a massive, greedy fuck up. But they've owned that. Countless times. You can get a refund, and in many situations still get to keep the game (I claimed a refund for the PS4 version, no need to return the disc or anything, just validate the purchase and say give us your PayPal address). Cyberpunk is literally free for early adopters who claimed that refund and they're still aggressively supporting it.

This is why people never want to apologize or make good on a bad situation - it's never enough. Gamers just say fuck you to any response any way, so what's the point? This shouldn't have happened in the first place, but I'm not sure how much more they could have done at this point to try to make good on the situation.

After his emotional video deserves a place on the "sweet little lies" hall of fame, pls someone with photoshop skill include him...

images

As long as you include all the Youtubers who hyped it up then switched their tune as soon as they got a fresh stock of merch delivered. Sure why not. 🤣

Suuuuure. If you had any commitment to quality you would had delisted the game from every digital store but you didn't, you waited for Sony to do it for you and you're still selling the fucking game on other platforms. CDProject Red doesn't give a fuck about quality, they only care about money, as long as you keep buying the game they will keep selling it, doesn't matter on what state it is.

Gamers won't even settle for a pound of flesh at this point.

This was a massive, greedy fuck up. But they've owned that. Countless times. You can get a refund, and in many situations still get to keep the game (I claimed a refund for the PS4 version, no need to return the disc or anything, just validate the purchase and say give us your PayPal address). Cyberpunk is literally free for early adopters who claimed that refund and they're still aggressively supporting it.

This is why people never want to apologize or make good on a bad situation - it's never enough. Gamers just say fuck you to any response any way, so what's the point? This shouldn't have happened in the first place, but I'm not sure how much more they could have done at this point to try to make good on the situation.
Why are they still selling the game though? If they were so committed to quality, why wouldn't they just delist the game until is ready? Oh right, because they are full of shit

Metnut

I’d just like to thank everyone for spending their valuable time and money to beta test this game for me.

Looking forward to playing it on my PS5 come the fall when Early Access is over.

Thanks again guys!

harmny

Banned
Again, a refund is not a remedy. Should I feel happy after I order a steak at an expensive restaurant, wait an hour for the food to be served, and then bite into a raw piece of meat? No, I'm going to be pissed off and a refund is still not going to make-up for the disappointment and lost time. I'm not saying they owe me anything more, but first impressions are everything and they will never get that back with a game that had all the components to have rivaled or even surpassed Witcher 3 as all-time great RPG. I'll always have a sour taste in my mouth when playing the game, even when it's fixed a year later.

oh i don't agree with your philosphy at all.

Suuuuure. If you had any commitment to quality you would had delisted the game from every digital store but you didn't, you waited for Sony to do it for you and you're still selling the fucking game on other platforms. CDProject Red doesn't give a fuck about quality, they only care about money, as long as you keep buying the game they will keep selling it, doesn't matter on what state it is.

they are not forcing anyone to buy the game you know?

Alebrije

I wonder what the reaction would be if they released the game on PC first and then released on consoles a few months later into 2021. The PC version is decent enough that they could've gotten away with that one so long as they kept patching it like they are now.

This was the way but they became greedy so money was the goal and not quality. PC version still has issues but was acceptable after all.

Consoles needed more time an a 2021 launch specially PS4 xbone.

They deserve what is happening since they knew before launch the crap of product Cyberbug was on.consoles. They abused consumer confidence and hype.

Anyway....do not see next CDPR game selling 8 millions at launch even if they fix Cyberbug.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Are they serious with this bullshit? They tested the last gen versions and didn't see what was wrong with it? It's just one lie after another with this company.
They're basically blaming us for breaking the game old gen. Lol sad. Never buying another game from them

Saber

Gold Member
On one side I just want him to keep his mouth shut about excuses and sorries. Theres no need to keep mourning over the past. Just keep posting your updates and roadmaps. Just show your commitment to your fans and player base, this "I'm sorry" bullshit only gonna make you an easy target to more criticism.

But on the other side I wonder how many people just crucify people like him who openly admits his mistakes while giving others free passes.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
On one side I just want him to keep his mouth shut about excuses and sorries. Theres no need to keep mourning over the past. Just keep posting your updates and roadmaps. Just show how commitment to your fans and player base, this "I'm sorry" bullshit only gonna make you an easy target to more criticism.

But on the other side I wonder how many people just crucify people like him who openly admits his mistakes while giving others free passes.

that's just people on the internet. they love hating and shitting on people no matter what you say or do to fix the problem. if the mob is after you you are done. that's why sean murray was clever when he decided to just leave the internet and don't say anything for a year. now they love him. lol. imagine the comments of a video of him saying "we are sorry and we are gonna fix the game"

No, and they aren't committed to quality you know?

i don't know. he said he was. i trust him and their history more than you.

Last edited:

Komatsu

that's just people on the internet. they love hating and shitting on people no matter what you say or do. if the mob is after you you are done.

It's almost sad when you think that a lot of people raking CDPR over the coals are also quite eager to defend companies with absolutely shitty customer support policies, such as a certain Japanese platform holder that does not even issue refunds.

I am not terribly worried for them, though. Witcher 4 will still sell gangbusters and in five years you won't be able to find a single GAF user who will cop to hating the game when it first launched.

Warablo

Really no excuse why Series X and PS5 updates couldn't have been at launch.

Other then that, the game is good, but interesting design choices on what they left out and iron out janky bugs from their old engine.

Last edited:

RPSleon

If i was to take the position of the next gen release om the image between 2021 and 2022 seriously, id think they were saying August.

harmny

Banned
how is the pc version now? does it need more patches for performance or bugs?

i guess it depends on your system. i had less performance issues with cyberpunk than i had with HZD or RDR2 on pc. but there are people that say that the game is broken so i don't know. you can refund it i guess.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Solid video, it can't be easy to stand there and say it. So kudos on doing it... The foundation is all there for something great and 1.06 has completely eliminated crashes on PS4 Pro.

It's the closest thing we have right now of a true next-gen game and I love it. Only regret I have is not having the time to play it more due to work.

Last edited:

JayK47

I am confident they will fix performance and glitches. Not much can be done with the cut short main quest. Will be interesting to see what the mod community can do with it.

waquzy

Solid video, it can't be easy to stand there and say it. So kudos on doing it... The foundation is all there for something great and 1.06 has completely eliminated crashes on PS4 Pro.

It's the closest thing we have right now of a true next-gen game and I love it. Only regret I have is not having the time to play it more due to work.
It's a different story on PS5 though, constant crashes on 1.06, I'm kinda gotten used to it by now, but it shouldn't be like this... most annoying one happened at the end credits, talk about ruining the experience.

Mozzarella

Ehhh, I dont know what to think about this Apology video, i feel it was not needed and will probably just add more to the problem in the future, rather just work in silence for now.

Reactions: Fuz

LordOfChaos

"The core of the problem, Iwinski said, was the "in-game streaming system" that Cyberpunk 2077 used to "feed" content and game mechanics to the engine without frequent breaks for loading. That system had to be "constantly improved" for last-gen consoles during development, Iwinski said, in order to keep up with the "epic" look of the PC version (which saw its graphics and other assets scaled down to work on more limited, older console hardware)."

Pulling that out for the 'cross gen doesn't hinder next gen and PC' crowd

harmny

Banned
Ehhh, I dont know what to think about this Apology video, i feel it was not needed and will probably just add more to the problem in the future, rather just work in silence for now.

they are learning i guess. or they still have hope lol. they are not used to being hated by everyone like EA. Bethesda. Ubisoft or Activision.

THEAP99

Banned
The first thing I see when turning on #PS5 is this damage control.

ErpeCokXIAErMNY

Let's be real, what CD Red did today was them basically trying to look good so Sony will put the game back on the store sooner.. All talk

Braag

Shame about the expansions getting pushed way back but fixing the game is more important, so it's the right call.

harmny

Banned
The first thing I see when turning on #PS5 is this damage control.

ErpeCokXIAErMNY

Let's be real, what CD Red did today was them basically trying to look good so Sony will put the game back on the store sooner.. All talk

sure sure. you have been shitting on them for a month. earlier you said you are never going to buy a game from them again. but i know you will be there giving them your money for their next game. you are in love with cdpr like a kid that insults a girl because he likes her.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Why did it take them over a month to say something like this in a format to all of their players?

I get it. You fucked up, but stop pretending you didn't see this coming and the last gen versions were fine.

Last edited:

iorek21

If we can crucify Shaun Murry and his team for No Man Sky and then heap praise on them for their continued commitment to improving the game and delivering a massively improved product THEN WE SURE AS FUCK CAN DO IT FOR CD PROJEKT RED.

Yep, Ubisoft almost got crucified for Watch Dogs and AC Unity back in 2014.

Why should CDPR get a free pass? No way.

GametimeUK

and then they gave everyone their money back if they wanted. again even after finishing the game. what more do you want? for them to get flogged in public?

So do you think it's ok to lie to consumers and say the console versions are running well? Do you think it's ok for them to lie to their own colleagues saying there will be no crunch and then crunch them? Do you think it's ok that the purposefully restricted the embargo to cover up the reality of the game pre launch?

I personally believe the refund route was great by CDPR, but faulty items should be returnable anyway. It was a good action and I'll admit that.

But do you also believe that the act of providing refunds makes their pre launch behaviour any less shady? Does it make it justifiable? Would you rather not have transparency pre launch so the consumer can make an educated decision?

Sorry, but the pre launch behaviour doesn't magically get excused with a refund and an "I'm sorry" in my eyes.

MadYarpen

Yeah some bullshit in that video. As much as I love the game, presenting the PC version as a good one (or a one to be proud of) is nonsense.

because it's not about the bugs and performance only.

I am wondering how much of an improvement we can really hope for.

Last edited:

Kikorin

I'm playing it on Xbox One X and even if is really buggy, I'm finding it simply incredible (when all works right). Is clearly unfinished, but enjoyable and to me still great. Now I'm waiting for Xbox Series X to continue it since my Xbox broke, but I'm curious to try it in a better working version, at least on framerate side.

Woggleman

What he said was good but at the end of the day back it up with action. At it's core it is a great game but they released it before it should have been released.

Shut the fuck up and fix the game. We don't need mea culpa's in which you blame Covid for your incompetence. Get real. Less talk, more action.
But that's what they plan to do.

It helps to be transparent to give fans a roadmap here. If they keep quiet about things people will just get irritated.

Not defending them here but this is the step in the right direction.

They should STFU and just work on the game

How is it that the next gen versions are a year behind. Total mess of project management
Feel sorry for the devs doing all the hard work. Management though needs to change. Heads need to roll for this monumental fuckup of a release. I'm surprised there is no movement on that yet. Really surprised.

Last edited:
Top Bottom