• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

Ammogeddon

Yeah some bullshit in that video. As much as I love the game, presenting the PC version as a good one (or a one to be proud of) is nonsense.

because it's not about the bugs and performance only.

I am wondering how much of an improvement we can really hope for.

Exactly, the bugs aren’t the only issue. If they fix them great, but we’re still looking at a game that didn’t measure up. Would’ve been reassuring to hear them acknowledge this aspect. Bad NPC ai and missing content are not bugs.

I was tempted to uninstall and wait for the next gen update later in the year but I’m curious to see what these Jan and Feb patches do and if they do more than squash some bugs.

Kadayi

Banned
sure sure. you have been shitting on them for a month. earlier you said you are never going to buy a game from them again. but i know you will be there giving them your money for their next game. you are in love with cdpr like a kid that insults a girl because he likes her.

IIRC he was pimping his youtube channel here playing up about the game (dudes all about that self-promotion). He's probably going to be making at least 5 videos for internet angry men to like and subscribe about this, even though he already refunded the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exanthus

Banned
Big yikes.
I finished the game and uninstalled it for now, really can't be bothered with more playthroughs till patches arrive.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
But that's what they plan to do.

It helps to be transparent to give fans a roadmap here. If they keep quiet about things people will just get irritated.

Not defending them here but this is the step in the right direction.

Feel sorry for the devs doing all the hard work. Management though needs to change. Heads need to roll for this monumental fuckup of a release. I'm surprised there is no movement on that yet. Really surprised.

Gamers...they're always a reason to complain. It's the rules, Hawking.

harmny

Banned
So do you think it's ok to lie to consumers and say the console versions are running well? Do you think it's ok for them to lie to their own colleagues saying there will be no crunch and then crunch them? Do you think it's ok that the purposefully restricted the embargo to cover up the reality of the game pre launch?

I personally believe the refund route was great by CDPR, but faulty items should be returnable anyway. It was a good action and I'll admit that.

But do you also believe that the act of providing refunds makes their pre launch behaviour any less shady? Does it make it justifiable? Would you rather not have transparency pre launch so the consumer can make an educated decision?

Sorry, but the pre launch behaviour doesn't magically get excused with a refund and an "I'm sorry" in my eyes.

i do think that yes. not magically excused. materially excused. if you lie to make money and then you are giving that money back to those that are not happy with the product even after they beat the game how is that not making things less shady? look at what other companies like EA, Ubisoft or Bethesda do when they release broken products.

of course i would rather have transparency or a flawless launch for that matter. but i'm not talking about the past. i'm talking about the future here. cdpr's response to this meltdown has been really good but people still attack them nonstop. and when i ask people what do they want the answer is "what i want is for them to not release a broken product" which doesn't answer the question at all.

they alreadly released the game. what do you want them to do now. how should a developer act when they make a mistake. well they should act like cdpr is acting now. refund everyone that isn't happy (even after beating the game) and fix the game for free. i don't know what more people want to be honest but that is already better than 99% of other companies.

Spaceman292

Banned
So the next-gen patch goes to the end of the year. This game will be mostly forgotten by then.

Also see that they push the narrative that the pc version is all fine and dandy. What a joke.
I've got 100 hours in the PC version with barely any problems. People are just stating their experiences.

harmny

Banned
Feel sorry for the devs doing all the hard work. Management though needs to change. Heads need to roll for this monumental fuckup of a release. I'm surprised there is no movement on that yet. Really surprised.

hard disagree. management doesn't need to change at all. what is this bullshit? they founded the company. i want to see you founding a company from scratch and making that company grow from 0 to a billion releasing amazing products and then you release a bad product and you have to quit and abandon your life's work. if people don't like cdpr's managment they can found their own company. they are not run of the mill CEOs that bounce from company to company. they have been there for 25 years. if CDPR is what it is today that's thanks to them (and the devs of course that goes without saying).

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Gamers won't even settle for a pound of flesh at this point.

This was a massive, greedy fuck up. But they've owned that. Countless times. You can get a refund, and in many situations still get to keep the game (I claimed a refund for the PS4 version, no need to return the disc or anything, just validate the purchase and say give us your PayPal address). Cyberpunk is literally free for early adopters who claimed that refund and they're still aggressively supporting it.

This is why people never want to apologize or make good on a bad situation - it's never enough. Gamers just say fuck you to any response any way, so what's the point? This shouldn't have happened in the first place, but I'm not sure how much more they could have done at this point to try to make good on the situation.
How did you claim a refund exactly for the disc bought version?

hard disagree. management doesn't need to change at all. what is this bullshit? they founded the company. i want to see you founding a company from scratch and making that company grow from 0 to a billion releasing amazing products and then you release a bad product and you have to quit and abandon your life's work. if people don't like cdpr's managment they can found their own company. they are not run of the mill CEOs that bounce from company to company. they have been there for 25 years. if CDPR is what it is today that's thanks to them.
Someone pulled the trigger on the game before it was ready for launch. That decision had to have come from management.
You telling me management did a good job to launch the game in the state that it launched in?

As for the bolded: What the fuck are you on about mate? What does this have to do with the discussion. So I have to go through the bolded to state an opinion? GTFO

Can't say i'm surprised at your responses either. You've been hard shilling for CDPR ever since this game's release. They're pretty much exempt from any criticism in your eyes.

EDIT: Apologies if i come across as aggressive here. Nevermind the cussing. I strongly disagree with your viewpoint.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Someone pulled the trigger on the game before it was ready for launch. That decision had to have come from management.
You telling me management did a good job to launch the game in the state that it launched in?

As for the bolded: What the fuck are you on about mate? What does this have to do with the discussion. So I have to go through the bolded to state an opinion? GTFO

Can't say i'm surprised at your responses either. You've been hard shilling for CDPR ever since this game's release. They're pretty much exempt from any criticism in your eyes.

management did a bad job and that means that they have to lose their life's work? they founded the company 25 years ago. they are the reason cdpr exists and they are the reason cdpr is what it is today but more important than both of those things they own cdpr. and you want to get them fired from the company. that is like someone kicking you out of your house because you set the kitchen on fire. bullshit that's what it is.

you don't have to go through all that. you need to imagine what it would mean if it happened to you. how unfair it would be to be kicked out of the company you founded after all you went through in the last 25 years.

they are not exempt from any criticism. they are exempt from unfair criticism in my eyes.

Last edited:

Hugare

They aren't changing. The lying and damage control just keeps on piling up and its not making them look any better.

They should take the hello games approach and stop talking for a while. Show us, don't tell us.
My words exactly. Just embarassing.

They should take a hint from Hello Games and just stop talking. Not only talking, but outright lying.

Show us the improved game later and let it do the talking for you

Your PR shit can only do so much

management did a bad job and that means that they have to lose their life's work? they founded the company 25 years ago. they are the reason cdpr exists and they are the reason cdpr is what it is today but more important than both of those things. they own cdpr and you want to get them fired from the company. that is like someone kicking you out of your house because you set the kitchen on fire. bullshit that's what it is.

you don't have to go through that at all. you need to imagine what that means if it happened to you. how unfair it would be to be kicked out of the company you founded after all you went through in 25 years.

they are not exempt from any criticism. they are exempt from unfair criticism in my eyes.
Well how much time and money as pumped into this game only for management to screw up at the last minute and release a broken game.
There's also the deceit by hiding the console versions from reviewers up until release day.

There's a reason there are class action lawsuits against CPDR. People are not doing this for shits and giggles. Don't care who founded what and for how many years they spent in the company. Deceit is deceit. A bad launch is a bad launch.
You screw up a major project in any corporation or business and the very least questions will be raised on your ability in the role or you get fired. One of the two will happen and should happen.

Went back to play it on my Series X and literally had the game freeze completely after playing for less then 5 minutes from my save point. I stopped playing again and will wait for more updates/fixes.

There are other glaring issues with playability beyond just show stopping bugs or immersion issues from bugs etc. The quests and calls and "overriding" your current quest to simply be unable to get back to what you were doing is bullshit. Half the menus are quite complex and not explained very well either. I've literally been lost in just trying to put clothes from my backpack on again and then they magically keep me in bandage wraps in the mirror or incoming damage stats etc.

I'm holding off playing as it's just a broken mess really. The world is wonderful, the IQ on Series X in performance mode is shit. The framerate in quality mode is shit. It's a no win.

Further CDPR have real issues with controllers it seems. I stopped playing Witcher III due to the jankiness and Cyberpunk is much the same. The aiming for an FPS is really fucking shit on consoles. It's clearly built for PC with KB+M and poorly implemented with controllers. I don't see anything from CDPR about altering such things, they don't consider these bugs or content issues and clearly think that poor level of control is what the game should be. Painfully illustrated by CDPR's history of WIII and now CP. I'm pretty disappointed and another game we will have to wait and see what comes of it. I'm not holding out hope for sold controller support though.

PS - don't even start me on the driving in this game. It's laughably bad.

ZehDon

Gold Member
They keep lying.
Seems they did learn nothing from the backslash.

They were never committed to quality.
They didn’t have a old-gen version working.

Who commits to quality never release games I t he state they did.
... what has any of this got to do with my post?

harmny

Banned
Well how much time and money as pumped into this game only for management to screw up at the last minute and release a broken game.
There's also the deceit by hiding the console versions from reviewers up until release day.

There's a reason there are class action lawsuits against CPDR. People are not doing this for shits and giggles. Don't care who founded what and for how many years they spent in the company. Deceit is deceit. A bad launch is a bad launch.
You screw up a major project in any corporation or business and the very least questions will be raised on your ability in the role or you get fired. One of the two will happen and should happen.

again. disagree. i have a right to run my business to the ground and no one should be able to take that away from me. what is this? thank god communist poland is over. you can hate management all you want and you can question their ability to run a company but at the end of the day they own cdpr and they should have the right to do whatever they want including destroying the company.

well that is unless they lose the control of the company and the board fire them like Apple fired steve jobs. but that hasn't happened yet and it would be sad.

Last edited:
again. disagree. i have a right to run my business to the ground and no one should be able to take that away from me. what is this? thank god communist poland is over. you can hate management all you want and you can question their ability to run a company but at the end of the day they own cdpr and they should have the right to do whatever they want including destroying the company.

well that is unless they lose the control of the company and the board fire them like Apple fired steve jobs. but that hasn't happened yet and it would be sad.
Disagree with your point of view. Investors were also misled by management on the state of the game prior to release so that's more shit to pile on top of the pile of shit management caused with the bungled launch of the game. That's why the suits are taking them to court.

If you think this level of incompetence is acceptable by management and they should remain in their jobs, then I dunno what else to say to you.

harmny

Banned
Disagree with your point of view. Investors were also misled by management on the state of the game prior to release so that's more shit to pile on top of the pile of shit management caused with the bungled launch of the game. That's why the suits are taking them to court.

If you think this level of incompetence is acceptable by management and they should remain in their jobs, then I dunno what else to say to you.

suits take everything to court. if you think someone should be able to remove you from the company you founded and you own i don't know what else to say to you. i like freedom and private property.

Last edited:
FYI....I put a decent amount of time into the Series X version (over 10 hours) and with the news today of the next gen upgrade not coming out until late this year I put in a refund request and it was granted instantly. You can literally finish the game and they will give you a refund.

Last edited:
Went back to play it on my Series X and literally had the game freeze completely after playing for less then 5 minutes from my save point. I stopped playing again and will wait for more updates/fixes.

There are other glaring issues with playability beyond just show stopping bugs or immersion issues from bugs etc. The quests and calls and "overriding" your current quest to simply be unable to get back to what you were doing is bullshit. Half the menus are quite complex and not explained very well either. I've literally been lost in just trying to put clothes from my backpack on again and then they magically keep me in bandage wraps in the mirror or incoming damage stats etc.

I'm holding off playing as it's just a broken mess really. The world is wonderful, the IQ on Series X in performance mode is shit. The framerate in quality mode is shit. It's a no win.

Further CDPR have real issues with controllers it seems. I stopped playing Witcher III due to the jankiness and Cyberpunk is much the same. The aiming for an FPS is really fucking shit on consoles. It's clearly built for PC with KB+M and poorly implemented with controllers. I don't see anything from CDPR about altering such things, they don't consider these bugs or content issues and clearly think that poor level of control is what the game should be. Painfully illustrated by CDPR's history of WIII and now CP. I'm pretty disappointed and another game we will have to wait and see what comes of it. I'm not holding out hope for sold controller support though.

PS - don't even start me on the driving in this game. It's laughably bad.
get refunded and then buy the game for cheap later this year when it will be under 20 bucks. Xbox will refund you no matter how much time you put into the game

nkarafo

I'm giving them a pass for this whole thing. This particular game is a "too good to be true" case. It's far too ambitious. The only way to ensure it's good, would be to have millions of testers and unlimited time.

Gamers testing it themselves and using the feedback to improve it is the only realistic way for this game to reach a "finished" status.

Woggleman

CPDR deserves the flack it gets but other companies who literally sell us bare bones games so they can then fleece us with MTX later on like GTA V get a pass. Besides the NPC and police AI that was a much more empty experience. Gamers are very selective with who they criticize and who they don't.

GreyHorace

While I think CDProjektRed deserve such a backlash for releasing the game in such a state, it sure is nice to have a developer admitting they fucked up and make concessions.

I haven't played Cyberpunk yet, but I'll be happy to dive in once all the issues are resolved.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
So second half 2021 for Series X and PS5 upgrade.

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

Yea, that one has to really hurt for console players. Man.

Woggleman

I know we want the upgrade early but we saw what happened when they put out something that wasn't ready so let them get it right this time.

The ending sucks ass too. Felt like the endings are to dependent on one conversation and 1 set of side missions. Got 3 of the 5 now, including the "secret" one and its wild how theyre really determined by those two situations and not the other 100+ hours i spent in the game.

Having the characters I interacted with brought in to leave me voicemails/voicemails...and having the character i chose to help me still leave msg as if i DIDNT choose them was wack as shit. People gotta stop caping for this game..and your life really means absolutely nothing.

suits take everything to court. if you think someone should be able to remove you from the company you founded and you own i don't know what else to say to you. i like freedom and private property.
Yeah none of that matters.
Suits are taking them to court for being misled about the state of the game. The lawsuit is warranted. It's not based in fiction but reality.
They deserve the flak as they knew the game was not ready and sought to cash in on the holiday period.

It's a bad apology. He made excuses about testing the console versions saying "we did not experience these issues at the time" and then also lumps in COVID-19 about hiding console footage.

tenor.gif

harmny

Banned
Yeah none of that matters.
Suits are taking them to court for being misled about the state of the game. The lawsuit is warranted. It's not based in fiction but reality.
They deserve the flak as they knew the game was not ready and sought to cash in on the holiday period.

sure. they do deserve the flak but that doesn't mean they need to get fired though.

Last edited:

bxrz

Why are they still selling the game though? If they were so committed to quality, why wouldn't they just delist the game until is ready? Oh right, because they are full of shit
That would be incredibly stupid to do. And delist it from where? Sony already took it down. PC/Steam isn't taking it down cause it actually runs well there. And Xbox One and Xbox Series X have a shared store. It sucks on the One but its fine on the Series X, which MS has said on the store

Last edited:

bxrz

They keep lying.
Seems they did learn nothing from the backslash.

They were never committed to quality.
They didn’t have a old-gen version working.

Who commits to quality never release games I t he state they did.
They said in the video they thought the day 1 patch would have solved everything. It didn't. Where is the lie though?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
They said in the video they thought the day 1 patch would have solved everything. It didn't. Where is the lie though?
Another lie lol
How they didn’t know the day 1 patch won’t solve issues? They had just to test it to know it was not true.
It was impossible to not know.
You were not selling a product to be tested by consumers.

They know and shipped the game like that knowing all issues.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
They said they thought that it would after testing. Did you even watch the video?
Lies.
That is exactly my point... their lies challenges common sense.

There is two options here:

1) They didn’t test anything and shipped.
2) They tested and knew the issues and shipped anyway.

You don’t change a line of core and send to final product hoping it will works lol we are not talking about amateurs here.

Last edited:
Another lie lol
How they didn’t know the day 1 patch won’t solve issues? They had just to test it to know it was not true.
It was impossible to not know.
You were not selling a product to be tested by consumers.

They know and shipped the game like that knowing all issues.
Man i feel like CDPR ain't played their own game yet.

Maybe the guy in the video finally did and said "i gotta say something about this shit" 🤣

ReBurn

Gold Member
Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Are they serious with this bullshit? They tested the last gen versions and didn't see what was wrong with it? It's just one lie after another with this company.
They did the "works on my machine" QA.

ethomaz

Banned
They did the "works on my machine" QA.
Probably they tested in their PC/devkit and done... let’s see if it works on PS4/XB1.
The complete opposite of “commuted to quality”.

It is ridiculous sad.

Last edited:

bxrz

Lies.
That is exactly my point... their lies challenges common sense.

There is two options here:

1) They didn’t test anything and shipped.
2) They tested and knew the issues and shipped anyway.

You don’t change a line of core and send to final product hoping it will works lol we are not talking about amateurs here.
Or Option 3

3) They tested it, it was good on their end but the final product was different from what they tested

Or Option 4

4) The people that tested it suck at their jobs and they need new testers

If they are telling us what happened, who are you to call them liars? Were you working there?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Or Option 3

3) They tested it, it was good on their end but the final product was different from what they tested

Or Option 4

4) The people that tested it suck at their jobs and they need new testers

If they are telling us what happened, who are you to call them liars? Were you working there?
C’mon it is a fixed hardware.

I see people will eat any lie CDPR put on their mouth lol

Last edited:

iQuasarLV

Really, I think the threat of the Polish CPA threatening 10% of yearly profits fine, IF, they find that CDPR misled consumers and did not do enough to rectify the situation. That alone on a major launch year is enough to light the fire of the CEO. If it was the lawsuits and PS Store pulling the product you would have seen this video A LOT sooner.

Personally, I will wait until I see what 1.1 and 1.2 do for the game before calling CDPR hacks. At this moment I see a lot of entitlement going on about assumed consumer rights. CDPR did some things that negate peoples legal rights to bitch.
1. They offered full refunds to anyone that wanted them
2. They agreed to the product being pulled from 1 of 2 platforms it was unplayable on.
That cost CDPR a lot of early profit, and if you got your refund you legally have no right to bitch about a product you no longer own and have been compensated on.

Top Bottom